Sign in to follow this  
JonesyUK

Rumour of Weidman vs Belcher for September

Just caught wind of this, Weidman is ready to fight again quickly after the Munoz win (didnt get hit I think lol) and this could be a potential main event for the FX5 card on 7th September.

This leaves the way clear also for Bisping vs Stann in Canada on September 22nd.

Mike Easton vs Michael McDonald has also been mentioned as a September fight, the aim being the winner would fight the interim champion (Barao or Faber winner), although there is the problem of Barao stating that he would wait for Cruz to return rather than defend the belt...

Should be a hectic week of fight announcements guys!

If Weidman beats Belcher the fight will have beem pointless. He should fight a striker' date=' Befort or Bisping.[/quote']

I have no problem with Weidman vs Belcher and Bisping vs Stann, so long as the winners face each other in a title eliminator. A win for any of those guys in those matches does not warrant a title shot, but a further win would.

If Lombard is to beat Boetsch, the timing of all of this will be perfect, as Im pretty sure UFC will make a Lombard vs Silva fight in December/January

I have no problem with Weidman vs Belcher and Bisping vs Stann' date=' so long as the winners face each other in a title eliminator. A win for any of those guys in those matches does not warrant a title shot, but a further win would.

If Lombard is to beat Boetsch, the timing of all of this will be perfect, as Im pretty sure UFC will make a Lombard vs Silva fight in December/January[/quote']

I don't think Weidman should have to fight 2 more people. He beat Maia and now he beat Munoz, as soon as Belfort is injury free (this year for sure) they can set up the fight on the same card as Anderson vs Lombard (if he wins). Or fight Bisping whenever he's ready. If Lombard loses, then Weidman should get an instant titleshot.

I don't think Weidman should have to fight 2 more people. He beat Maia and now he beat Munoz' date=' as soon as Belfort is injury free (this year for sure) they can set up the fight on the same card as Anderson vs Lombard (if he wins). Or fight Bisping whenever he's ready. If Lombard loses, then Weidman should get an instant titleshot.[/quote']

I really dont know what they want to do with Vitor...

I mean giving him the Rumble fight and then Wandy :confused: It seems as though they are trying to keep him out of the top contenders picture all together because of the Anderson loss

I really dont know what they want to do with Vitor...

I mean giving him the Rumble fight and then Wandy :confused: It seems as though they are trying to keep him out of the top contenders picture all together because of the Anderson loss

Nah it was just a good oppertunity because of TUF Brazil. Akiyama was a tuneup fight and Rumble was some kind of weird superfight to make some money I guess. Belfort is more interested in money than the title I think. He's still top 5 imo.

step down in comp. for Weidman then' date=' if anything give Munoz to Belcher[/quote']

:confused:

Belcher is coming off a win, plus Munoz will be out for a while with a fractured jaw

:confused:

Belcher is coming off a win' date=' plus Munoz will be out for a while with a fractured jaw[/quote']

is the face directed at the Weidman stepping down or just Munoz?

Yeah I doubt Munoz would get Belcher, but I think that is more realistic than Weidman fighting him ranking wise, I think Belcher should fight Bisping since out of all his trash talk, Bisping's worse has been towards Belcher lol (in terms of being hateful)

is the face directed at the Weidman stepping down or just Munoz?

Yeah I doubt Munoz would get Belcher' date=' but I think that is more realistic than Weidman fighting him ranking wise, I think Belcher should fight Bisping since out of all his trash talk, Bisping's worse has been towards Belcher lol (in terms of being hateful)[/quote']

It was just the suggestion of the fight in general, not making sense for either guy right now.

Munoz wont fight again this year I would say, perhaps year end, but no earlier. So therefore in terms of his next move its gonna depend on what happens with the other guys over the next few months... I would be interested in seeing him fight Tim Boetsch somewhere down the line

It was just the suggestion of the fight in general' date=' not making sense for either guy right now.

Munoz wont fight again this year I would say, perhaps year end, but no earlier. So therefore in terms of his next move its gonna depend on what happens with the other guys over the next few months... I would be interested in seeing him fight Tim Boetsch somewhere down the line[/quote']

yeah poor Munoz is going to be out for a while, but him vs Boetsch is a sick match up. They both have similar builds, big stocky wrestlers who have dropped down from LHW, and since Lombard will most likely beat Boetsch imo, the fight makes sense depending on time frame

It will be a good fight,although i feel Weidman is not quite ready for the best fighter at 185.

No Silva is not the best,for very good reason,he is ONLY a head hunter,Silva brings absolutely NOTHING else to the fight.Belcher however is dangerous anywhere and offers variation in his fight game,something Silva does not have.The ONLY reason Silva stays in with Belcher is his speed/quickness.

Weidman is decently athletic and moves well,his cardio is good enough,he is aggressive enough and has decent size.He still falls a grade short from Belcher in just about every category except pure wrestling,however Belcher is not exactly the quickest guy either.

I figured another 3 fights Weidman would be ready for Belcher or Silva,but honestly he may never be ready for Belcher.There is a fighter however in the UFC [GSP] that has PROVEN wrestling alone can dominate as long as you understand what to look for in the ring,when not in your comfort zone.What i have seen over the years is when two fighters are closely matched the bigger ,stronger guy takes command of the fight and Belcher is definitely the bigger,stronger guy.

I am not so sure Weidman is any different than Sonnen ,however i feel all of his game is a notch up on Sonnen's.Faster,better wrestling moves,more athletic,better cardio,it all makes a difference.

I am not so sure Weidman is any different than Sonnen ' date='however i feel all of his game is a notch up on Sonnen's.Faster,better wrestling moves,more athletic,better cardio,it all makes a difference.[/quote']

He also has far better stand-up then Sonnen

It will be a good fight' date='although i feel Weidman is not quite ready for the best fighter at 185.

No Silva is not the best,for very good reason,he is ONLY a head hunter,Silva brings absolutely NOTHING else to the fight.Belcher however is dangerous anywhere and offers variation in his fight game,something Silva does not have.The ONLY reason Silva stays in with Belcher is his speed/quickness.

Weidman is decently athletic and moves well,his cardio is good enough,he is aggressive enough and has decent size.He still falls a grade short from Belcher in just about every category except pure wrestling,however Belcher is not exactly the quickest guy either.

I figured another 3 fights Weidman would be ready for Belcher or Silva,but honestly he may never be ready for Belcher.There is a fighter however in the UFC [GSP'] that has PROVEN wrestling alone can dominate as long as you understand what to look for in the ring,when not in your comfort zone.What i have seen over the years is when two fighters are closely matched the bigger ,stronger guy takes command of the fight and Belcher is definitely the bigger,stronger guy.

I am not so sure Weidman is any different than Sonnen ,however i feel all of his game is a notch up on Sonnen's.Faster,better wrestling moves,more athletic,better cardio,it all makes a difference.

BannerCavemanNEW.gif

If Weidman beats Belcher the fight will have beem pointless. He should fight a striker' date=' Befort or Bisping.[/quote']

Bisping a striker?? LOL

Bisping is not good at anything,when he does try to strike he fights like a coward in defensive mode.You can NOT be an effective striker if doing it in defensive mode which means he is thinking of backing away ,therefore losing all power.If you watch Bisping he throws a LOT of air shots ,just because he is afraid to get in close and trade.The ONLY way Bisping strikes is if he knows his opponent is a lousy striker.

Even in the Mayhem fight,early on the dorky uncoordinated Mayhem was beating Bisping,so ya Bisping is NOT a striker becuase Mayhem is definitely not a striker and was beating him at it lol.Dam good thing mayhem was fresh out of that Hendo/Rumble oxygen tank charity run or Bisping probably would have lost.

Vitor is another has been old school guy,i like him a bit but his cardio is very questionable and his over all game is questionable.He actually was going to get destroyed by Rumble except Rumble has the cardio of a 90 year old with one lung.

The ONLY thing i have ever seen Vitor do to impress is when he goes into Zerg mode and tries to overwhelm his opponent before they can get going.The problem is he does VERY little of this and it doesn't work all the time,so it makes him a suspect fighter.

Bisping a striker?? LOL

Bisping is not good at anything' date='when he does try to strike he fights like a coward in defensive mode.You can NOT be an effective striker if doing it in defensive mode which means he is thinking of backing away ,therefore losing all power.If you watch Bisping he throws a LOT of air shots ,just because he is afraid to get in close and trade.The ONLY way Bisping strikes is if he knows his opponent is a lousy striker.

Even in the Mayhem fight,early on the dorky uncoordinated Mayhem was beating Bisping,so ya Bisping is NOT a striker becuase Mayhem is definitely not a striker and was beating him at it lol.Dam good thing mayhem was fresh out of that Hendo/Rumble oxygen tank charity run or Bisping probably would have lost.

Vitor is another has been old school guy,i like him a bit but his cardio is very questionable and his over all game is questionable.He actually was going to get destroyed by Rumble except Rumble has the cardio of a 90 year old with one lung.

The ONLY thing i have ever seen Vitor do to impress is when he goes into Zerg mode and tries to overwhelm his opponent before they can get going.The problem is he does VERY little of this and it doesn't work all the time,so it makes him a suspect fighter.[/quote']

wtf-i-know.jpg

Bisping a striker?? LOL

Bisping is not good at anything' date='when he does try to strike he fights like a coward in defensive mode.You can NOT be an effective striker if doing it in defensive mode which means he is thinking of backing away ,therefore losing all power.If you watch Bisping he throws a LOT of air shots ,just because he is afraid to get in close and trade.The ONLY way Bisping strikes is if he knows his opponent is a lousy striker.

The ONLY thing i have ever seen Vitor do to impress is when he goes into Zerg mode and tries to overwhelm his opponent before they can get going.The problem is he does VERY little of this and it doesn't work all the time,so it makes him a suspect fighter.[/quote']

stained_glass_fail.jpg[/img]

Honestly Anderson wouldnt want this fight yet. Weidman only has nine fights and thats not really a noteable to his list of great fighters. I think he should get two more fights before challenging. He needs to be on a PPV before he gets a title shot. He is not a sell right now.

1st fight versus Shields/Herman winner. It will be hard to out grapple Shields if he wins and Herman is a good grappler with good striking and KO power.

2nd fight versus Bisping/Belcher winner for No.1 contender.

But I wouldnt commplain about him versus Belcher for No.1 contender.

Honestly Anderson wouldnt want this fight yet. Weidman only has nine fights and thats not really a noteable to his list of great fighters. I think he should get two more fights before challenging. He needs to be on a PPV before he gets a title shot. He is not a sell right now.

1st fight versus Shields/Herman winner. It will be hard to out grapple Shields if he wins and Herman is a good grappler with good striking and KO power.

2nd fight versus Bisping/Belcher winner for No.1 contender.

But I wouldnt commplain about him versus Belcher for No.1 contender.

Andy is the champion. He should fight whoever is put in front of him and defend his belt 3-4 times a year. Just because a guy isn't greatly popular doesn't mean that he isn't a challenge. If Weidman has one more fight then they need to have the winner of Lombard vs Boetsch get a title shot in October or November. So then whoever wins Weidman's next fight can get a shot in the spring some time.

Andy is the champion. He should fight whoever is put in front of him and defend his belt 3-4 times a year. Just because a guy isn't greatly popular doesn't mean that he isn't a challenge. If Weidman has one more fight then they need to have the winner of Lombard vs Boetsch get a title shot in October or November. So then whoever wins Weidman's next fight can get a shot in the spring some time.

It does matter in terms of PPV's. How many people saw Weidmans fight Wednesday 300,000. I think he should fight 3-4 times as well but likely wont. Anderson likely will not fight again this year. Its going to cause a log jam and title challengers will dwindle.

It will be a good fight' date='although i feel Weidman is not quite ready for the best fighter at 185.

I figured another 3 fights Weidman would be ready for Belcher or Silva,but honestly he may never be ready for Belcher.There is a fighter however in the UFC [GSP'] that has PROVEN wrestling alone can dominate as long as you understand what to look for in the ring,when not in your comfort zone.What i have seen over the years is when two fighters are closely matched the bigger ,stronger guy takes command of the fight and Belcher is definitely the bigger,stronger guy.

After reading your post I think you might be slow. How can you say silva is not the best after he humiliated the "best wrestler" in the MW division twice. After what he did to sonnen he solidified his place as the greatest fighter ever.