Sign in to follow this  
waikru

Anderson calls out GSP

I lol@ the term "Catch weight".who is it a catch weight for?GSP would go in normal and Silva would be bigger.

If they want to make a truly great super fight,then no weight restriction however make them weigh in 30 minutes before the fight.

This will be on both fighters minds,Silva would not want to look like the coward going in at 223,so he would try to make sure his weight is close to GSP.A weigh in would nothing for GSP it just be a scapegoat catalyst for Silva TO CHEAT.

Silva's own trainer said himself he didn't think it a fair fight because he said Silva walks around 223.I thought that was a true honorable thing to say,he could have played it quiet and just let Silva meet the weigh in circus and then go in at 223.

GSP is not stupid he learned this from fighting Hughes.He already said the smart thing and that he would need some time to put on the size to compete.

This is not MMA circa 1990 with a bunch of Bob Sapps in there,MOST of these guys decent fighters any substantial weight difference could be the difference.

I am tired of the UFC ,boxing type nonsense i want to see the real champions.I am not interested in a GSP carrying a 170 belt but fights at 190,nor a Jones pretending he is a 205 champ but fights at 230.I don't want to hear about some johnny Hendricks in the 170 class when he walks around at 210.

GSP will duck like always

No need to get excited

this. Listen, GSP would get smashed by the Spider, don't be naive. All of the huggers from every angle have been begging for this fight for years now. Anderson's camp says he will do a catchweight fight, so I guess no belt would be exchanged no matter who wins. In all honesty though, GSP can't stand with Anderson.. Chael is a better wrestler than GSP and GSP isn't as aggressive as Chael. He will stand around pumping those jabs and Silva will put his hands down and clown GSP and make him look like an amateur. Silva has pretty nasty jits even if no one else is willing to recognize it. Silva will not get sub'd by GSP and it would never see 5 rounds. Silva by 2nd or 3rd round obliteration.

this. Listen' date=' GSP would get smashed by the Spider, don't be naive. All of the huggers from every angle have been begging for this fight for years now. Anderson's camp says he will do a catchweight fight, so I guess no belt would be exchanged no matter who wins. In all honesty though, GSP can't stand with Anderson.. Chael is a better wrestler than GSP and GSP isn't as aggressive as Chael. He will stand around pumping those jabs and Silva will put his hands down and clown GSP and make him look like an amateur. Silva has pretty nasty jits even if no one else is willing to recognize it. Silva will not get sub'd by GSP and it would never see 5 rounds. Silva by 2nd or 3rd round obliteration.[/quote']

That pretty much covered it all.

GSP's to small.

imagen if he lay and prayed Anderson for 5 rounds though

forum would be so butthurt :D

Agree with everything

IMO 5 rounds is too long to try to beat Silva via points, that's why Chael failed and that's why Weidman is the most dangerous guy against Silva, he goes there to kill you and he has great wrestling, size and bjj

And no one will outstrike Silva on the feet' date=' he may get knocked out by someone but not outstruck. He's just too good[/quote']

Ok, I'll jump off your butt.

I agree, but the only way I think anyone will beat Silva is by submissions. There is something about how he rolls his head and body with strikes that keeps him from absorbing much damage.

I don't think any pure striker will beat him, and any wrestler trying to hold him down for 5 rounds is unlikely to be successful as well. If Chael couldn't do it, I just can't see GSP even coming close. Chael is much bigger, stronger, and has at least equal ground control to GSP.

Silva would have this easily. I see Silva stuffing Georges takedowns kinda how it looked like in the second fight with Sonnen in the second round and GSP would get wrecked.

GSP would be a complete fish out of water in this fight. When has he ever fought someone with the reach AND power that Anderson would possess over him? Can't really see any way GSP takes this fight besides layNpray, but we've seen how that worked out for Chael.

Lol at Silva's lot saying they want GSP but want NOTHING to do with Jones i wonder why that is?

The fact of the matter is Silva should be GSP he is by far the better striker and his size should negate the wrestling advantage GSP has.

Jones vs Silva makes the most sense right now, they are the number 1 and 2 p4p in the ufc right now but jones has come out and pretty much said it's a fight he thinks he may lose so doesn't want to risk it, while Silva's camp know that if Jones gets him down he ain't coming out of it well.

Lol at Silva's lot saying they want GSP but want NOTHING to do with Jones i wonder why that is?

Jones vs Silva makes the most sense right now' date=' they are the number 1 and 2 p4p in the ufc right now but jones has come out and pretty much said it's a fight he thinks he may lose so doesn't want to risk it, while Silva's camp know that if Jones gets him down he ain't coming out of it well.[/quote']

Lol, I don't know a single Silva fan that wouldn't foam at the mouth to get a chance to see Silva vs. Jones, despite the fact that Silva has a very good chance of losing that fight.

It's Jones who is putting the onus on that possibility.

Anderson hasn't had a competitive fight in the UFC. Sonnen on PED's getting TD's doesn't count, we all saw the difference no PED's made for Chael. The only reason he even got a TD in the first was because Silva charged in trying to knock him out in the first 10 seconds.

Silva should have been forced up a long time ago. This isn't ultimate weight classes it's ultimate fighter and if you have the ability to prove yourself in multiple divisions you need to man up and do it.

P.S- This "lets be friends so we don't have to fight" garbage is getting old and should get them fined for trying to pull this crap.

Anderson hasn't had a competitive fight in the UFC. Sonnen on PED's getting TD's doesn't count' date=' we all saw the difference no PED's made for Chael. The only reason he even got a TD in the first was because Silva charged in trying to knock him out in the first 10 seconds.

Silva should have been forced up a long time ago. This isn't ultimate weight classes it's ultimate fighter and if you have the ability to prove yourself in multiple divisions you need to man up and do it.

P.S- This "lets be friends so we don't have to fight" garbage is getting old and should get them fined for trying to pull this crap.[/quote']

Forced up to LHW? I guess they should force JDS out of the UFC then. Just force all champions up a weight class. WTF is that going to solve? I don't know if YOU know this, but Anderson started out fighting in the 162lb weight division. When he's not fighting and is sitting around the house getting laid and eating fritos, he gets fat. Not in fighting shape, but fat. I have never complained about such and such being too big or too small because if they can make the weight safely, then they are in the perfect division for them. Lest we also not forget that Silva is one of a select few that have defeated former UFC champions in a weight class higher than his, and lower than his. (Newton former WW champ, Forrest former LHW champ.)

this. Listen' date=' GSP would get smashed by the Spider, don't be naive. All of the huggers from every angle have been begging for this fight for years now. Anderson's camp says he will do a catchweight fight, so I guess no belt would be exchanged no matter who wins. In all honesty though, GSP can't stand with Anderson.. Chael is a better wrestler than GSP and GSP isn't as aggressive as Chael. He will stand around pumping those jabs and Silva will put his hands down and clown GSP and make him look like an amateur. Silva has pretty nasty jits even if no one else is willing to recognize it. Silva will not get sub'd by GSP and it would never see 5 rounds. Silva by 2nd or 3rd round obliteration.[/quote']

This sums it up in my opinion ^^^

Great post.

The fact of the matter is Silva should be GSP he is by far the better striker and his size should negate the wrestling advantage GSP has.

Jones vs Silva makes the most sense right now' date=' they are the number 1 and 2 p4p in the ufc right now but jones has come out and pretty much said it's a fight he thinks he may lose so doesn't want to risk it, while Silva's camp know that if Jones gets him down he ain't coming out of it well.[/quote']

As I already stated in my initial post, this fight wont happen because Jones doesn't want the fight either.

I lol@ the term "Catch weight".who is it a catch weight for?GSP would go in normal and Silva would be bigger.

If they want to make a truly great super fight' date='then no weight restriction however make them weigh in 30 minutes before the fight.

This will be on both fighters minds,Silva would not want to look like the coward going in at 223,so he would try to make sure his weight is close to GSP.A weigh in would nothing for GSP it just be a scapegoat catalyst for Silva TO CHEAT.

Silva's own trainer said himself he didn't think it a fair fight because he said Silva walks around 223.I thought that was a true honorable thing to say,he could have played it quiet and just let Silva meet the weigh in circus and then go in at 223.

[b']GSP is not stupid he learned this from fighting Hughes.He already said the smart thing and that he would need some time to put on the size to compete.[/b]

This is not MMA circa 1990 with a bunch of Bob Sapps in there,MOST of these guys decent fighters any substantial weight difference could be the difference.

I am tired of the UFC ,boxing type nonsense i want to see the real champions.I am not interested in a GSP carrying a 170 belt but fights at 190,nor a Jones pretending he is a 205 champ but fights at 230.I don't want to hear about some johnny Hendricks in the 170 class when he walks around at 210.

LOL! Matt Hughes won because he had an armbar. His weight had nothing to do with it. And GSP weighed 193 lbs in his fight against Shields, so I think its safe to say he could compete at MW.

Chael may be a better wrestler but he does not put it all together as well as GSP.

Chael may be a better wrestler but he does not put it all together as well as GSP.

Chael Sonnen is the best wrestler period in MMA today. How much "better" could Chael possibly do? He put Anderson on his butt 6 seconds into the fight and covered him like a blanket for the entire round. I HATE Chael Sonnen but I can admit this. He is the most aggressive wrestler and most effective wrestler and no one does it better. Gsp is a great wrestler and if you mean that Gsp has a more "well rounded" set of MMA skills then you are right. But when it comes to ONE area, wrestling, no one is better than Sonnen...and I stand by my assertion that Gsp will never in a million years beat Anderson Silva

Andeson doesn't deserve GSP. He needs to apologize to the fans first for his disgraceful tactics against Chael. Then he needs to man up and fight Chael in a fair fight.

So having the testosterone of 17 men in one fight is not nearly as bad as short grabbing for a few seconds?

reported for extreme stupidity.

Agreed, GSP couldn't sub Dan Hardy, who has a negative ground game.

LOL! Matt Hughes won because he had an armbar. His weight had nothing to do with it. And GSP weighed 193 lbs in his fight against Shields' date=' so I think its safe to say he could compete at MW.[/quote']

Sure he could compete at 185. But Anderson's own manager said that Silva could get up to 223 (The quote is in one of these threads and I will find it if you'd like). That's still a 30 lb advantage. + a 4 inch height advantage.

To be perfectly honest, Silva is much closer to Jones' size than GSP's size.

Sure he could compete at 185. But Anderson's own manager said that Silva could get up to 223 (The quote is in one of these threads and I will find it if you'd like). That's still a 30 lb advantage. + a 4 inch height advantage.

To be perfectly honest' date=' Silva is much closer to Jones' size than GSP's size.[/quote']

so you mean the same size advantage that gsp had over Serra, Sherk and Penn?

To be perfectly honest' date=' Silva is much closer to Jones' size than GSP's size.[/quote']

Yeah, but the 193 lbs is in shape and after a weight cut, which means his walk around weight is probably higher than that. Anderson Silva does weigh 223 lbs when he looks like this.......

Anderson-Amazoo.jpg&h=180&w=222&zc=1&q=90&a=l

but thats far different than the weight he comes in at on fight night.

so you mean the same size advantage that gsp had over Serra' date=' Sherk and Penn?[/quote']

Serra walk around weight 185-190

Link: http://mmajunkie.com/news/17866/matt-serra-on-ufc-109-victory-at-35-its-all-gravy-for-me.mma

Sean Sherk walk around weight in 07, when he fought GSP 175-180

Link: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/10/22/exclusive-interview-with-ufc-lightweight-champion-sean-sherk/

I'll give you Penn, but everyone chirps GSP for beating a lightweight.

Yeah' date=' but the 193 lbs is in shape and after a weight cut, which means his walk around weight is probably higher than that. Anderson Silva does weigh 223 lbs when he looks like this.......

[img']http://www.mmaworldnews.com/wp-content/themes/TheStyle/timthumb.php?src=http://www.mmaworldnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Anderson-Amazoo.jpg&h=180&w=222&zc=1&q=90&a=l[/img]

but thats far different than the weight he comes in at on fight night.

Silva's walk around weight is 220-230 as per Freddie Roach, who has worked with both fighters.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/1/2918068/ufc-video-anderson-silva-georges-st-pierre-freddie-roach

There are other indications online as well about Silva's walk around weight.

I can't find any link about GSP ever being over 195. If you can, I'll concede. Jones walk around weight is 235-245.

It's still much closer than GSP/Silva.

You're a smart guy waikru, if anyone will prove me wrong, it'll probably be you.

Link: http://mmajunkie.com/news/17866/matt-serra-on-ufc-109-victory-at-35-its-all-gravy-for-me.mma

Sean Sherk walk around weight in 07' date=' when he fought GSP 175-180

Link: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2007/10/22/exclusive-interview-with-ufc-lightweight-champion-sean-sherk/

I'll give you Penn, but everyone chirps GSP for beating a lightweight.[/quote']

WRONG!

Serra walk around weight 290-300

Sean Sherk walk around weight in 07' date=' when he fought GSP 175-180

I'll give you Penn, but everyone chirps GSP for beating a lightweight.[/quote']

ppl love throwing around this "walk around weight" crap.

Serra and Sherk are like 5'6", at best. neither of them have a large frame. Serra's kinda fat but Sherk is all muscle. if Sherk stopped working out, he'd be like 130lbs. just like Akiyama.

Penn's taller than Serra and Sherk, but his frame is also small.

what i'm saying is that these guys were willing to fight gsp, but gsp (your hero) won't step up to take a fight that EVERYONE seems to want to see... mad gay yo.

Silva's walk around weight is 220-230 as per Freddie Roach' date=' who has worked with both fighters.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/1/2918068/ufc-video-anderson-silva-georges-st-pierre-freddie-roach

I can't find any link about GSP ever being over 195. If you can, I'll concede. Jones walk around weight is 235-245.

You're a smart guy waikru, if anyone will prove me wrong, it'll probably be you.[/quote']

Do you know why gsp doesn't go over 195? It's because he trains year round and is always in top notch shape. silva on the other hand doesn't stay in shape year round, but when he does start getting in shape his walk around weight is around 210. not every person has the ability/wants to be in that type of shape when they aren't fighting.

Do you know why gsp doesn't go over 195? It's because he trains year round and is always in top notch shape. silva on the other hand doesn't stay in shape year round' date=' but when he does start getting in shape his walk around weight is around 210.[/quote']

Burger king yo.

I bet when GSP was bed ridden with his knee injury he was much over 200lbs

i bet he wasn't.

you're just an ignorant troll that no one will take seriously, so save yourself the time and effort and stop posting please. GSP treats his body like a temple and there is nothing wrong with that, but you can't blame fighters who like to indulge in their favorite foods while they aren't fighting.

WRONG!

Serra walk around weight 290-300

LMAO

ppl love throwing around this "walk around weight" crap.

Serra and Sherk are like 5'6"' date=' at best. neither of them have a large frame. Serra's kinda fat but Sherk is all muscle. if Sherk stopped working out, he'd be like 130lbs. just like Akiyama.

Penn's taller than Serra and Sherk, but his frame is also small.

what i'm saying is that these guys were willing to fight gsp, but gsp (your hero) won't step up to take a fight that EVERYONE seems to want to see... mad gay yo.[/quote']

1. Sherk was on roids when he faced GSP

2. Serra's diet consists solely of cannoli's

3. GSP has never said that he won't fight Silva. Only that he needs to bulk up the right way, not BK, Cannoli's and Large plates of French Fries.

LMAO

1. Sherk was on roids when he faced GSP

2. Serra's diet consists solely of cannoli's

3. GSP has never said that he won't fight Silva. Only that he needs to bulk up the right way' date=' not BK, Cannoli's and Large plates of French Fries.[/quote']

so, what you're saying is that you believe that gsp will take the fight with Silva? you think he's being honest?

"don't blink"

so' date=' what you're saying is that you believe that gsp will take the fight with Silva? you think he's being honest?

"don't blink"[/quote']

Did I say that retard ?

Learn how to read. I gave my synopsis on this possible fight's outcomes on page two or three. Never once said wether or not he would take it. Just how it would go down if it were to happen. He very well may, but he's got a fight in November to think about first.

I was discussing GSP/Silva size difference vs Jones/Silva size difference.

Ya ****ing Donkey.

Did I say that retard ?

Learn how to read. I gave my synopsis on this possible fight's outcomes on page two or three. Never once said wether or not he would take it. Just how it would go down if it were to happen. He very well may' date=' but he's got a fight in November to think about first.

I was discussing GSP/Silva size difference vs Jones/Silva size difference.

Ya ****ing Donkey.[/quote']

wow, u mad.

guess it means i was right..

doesn't matter though.. the fact that you think gsp even has a chance proves just how dumb you are..

Silva's walk around weight is 220-230 as per Freddie Roach' date=' who has worked with both fighters.

You're a smart guy waikru, if anyone will prove me wrong, it'll probably be you.[/quote']

I never said Silva isn't 220 lbs. I am saying that he is 220 looking fat and out of shape like the picture I presented. There is a difference between walk around weight and in shape weight. GSP is coming in to fight at 193 lbs. We can extrapolate that he is probably over 200lbs in shape before weight cuts. If he had a potbelly, who knows how much he could weigh? I can't find any reliable information on GSP's weight, so we can only guess based on how much he weighs on the night of the fights. There was about a 14 lb difference between Sonnens fight night weight and his normal walk around weight (in shape).

I never said Silva isn't 220 lbs. I am saying that he is 220 looking fat and out of shape like the picture I presented. There is a difference between walk around weight and in shape weight. GSP is coming in to fight at 193 lbs. We can extrapolate that he is probably over 200lbs in shape before weight cuts. If he had a potbelly' date=' who knows how much he could weigh? I can't find any reliable information on GSP's weight, so we can only guess based on how much he weighs on the night of the fights. There was about a 14 lb difference between Sonnens fight night weight and his normal walk around weight (in shape).[/quote']

So you are cool with assuming he's over 200lbs walk around without any proof? You and I both know you're better than that.

Silva's picking opponents but I'm kind of ok with it...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29906/silva-manager-likes-third-fight-with-franklin-but-gsp-leading-candidate-for-ufc-champ.mma

Nobody can actually say that Silva hasn't earned that right, not beacuse he's the best or whatever, but beacuse he got screwed over in his last contract...

The guy wanted to and was told he would fight Sonnen in Brazil but that didn't happen...

Now, if you're telling me the UFC doesn't owe him a favour after that, you're crazy.