funny but stupid article on Jones

chanman20

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2012-08-03/jon-jones-ufc-light-heavyweight-quandary-/817862/1

this idiot is blaming Jones for the way the LHW is now and crying that he fought 5 times last year when the other champs only fought 2-3 times. Yeah cause its Jones fault for doing his job and kicking ***. I understand people hate the kid but this is just dumb

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2012-08-03/jon-jones-ufc-light-heavyweight-quandary-/817862/1

this idiot is blaming Jones for the way the LHW is now and crying that he fought 5 times last year when the other champs only fought 2-3 times. Yeah cause its Jones fault for doing his job and kicking ***. I understand people hate the kid but this is just dumb

God, that really was stupid. My 13 year old could give a better synopsis than that. I don't really like Jones all that much, but he's been kicking all the asses of whoever the UFC gives him. Why the hell is that his fault? lol

Didn't read but he's saying Jones fights too much? That's probably the only thing I like about Jones. At least goes out there and defends his belt. Yes it's against guys way smaller than him but he still does it.

Maybe Jones needs to fight Gustaffson. Afterall, Gustaffson should be fighting at HW as well, right? Gus is 6'5" and 205 when he fights. Jones is 6'4" and 205 when he fights.

Hmm.

I don't know why you're so butthurt about Jones but it's always hilarious

I really just don't understand why fans bother with a sport they spend most of the time hating on. Butthurt? No. Everyone has their favorite fighters and fighters have their fans. I just don't get what's so bad about Jones? Sure, he screwed up with the drunk driving and I've already stated it was a **** thing for him to do.

But I don't watch Jones for his drunk driving antics or for his ****iness in interviews. I watched him fight and destroy every man that's stood in front of him since he started in the UFC. He's finished all of the them. (Yes, one was a DQ--I know). So I guess I'm wrong for being a fan of a fighter who's more exciting than half the roster.

Sorry Doc, but I can't say that Jones is exciting.

He dominates his opponents to the point in where it's boring. I don't enjoy watching lopsided beatdowns. In less than a year he turned the most exciting division into trash.

And Jones fighting five times a year is a bad thing, it doesn't give the UFC enough time to find a descent candidate or at least hype a fighter up. That's how I see it.

Sorry Doc' date=' but I can't say that Jones is exciting.

He dominates his opponents to the point in where it's boring. I don't enjoy watching lopsided beatdowns. In less than a year he turned the most exciting division into trash.

[b']And Jones fighting five times a year is a bad thing[/b], it doesn't give the UFC enough time to find a descent candidate or at least hype a fighter up. That's how I see it.

So, you don't get excited to see if anyone can finish or beat Jon Jones? Or like seeing different moves he may try, unlike most one dimensional fighters? I prefer more well-rounded fighters myself.

Did you write that article in that other Jones thread that everyone's been saying was really dumb? lol

Well, Jones fighting 5 times in a year says 2 things to me--he dominates all while weighing in at exactly the same as his opponents, no matter if they're legends or not. And second, it says the LHW division is/was stacked. It certainly beats champs being gone for a year or another hold up in certain divisions...or having Interim champs.

So' date=' you don't get excited to see if anyone can finish or beat Jon Jones? Or like seeing different moves he may try, unlike most one dimensional fighters? I prefer more well-rounded fighters myself.

[b']Did you write that article in that other Jones thread that everyone's been saying was really dumb?[/b] lol

Well, Jones fighting 5 times in a year says 2 things to me--he dominates all while weighing in at exactly the same as his opponents, no matter if they're legends or not. And second, it says the LHW division is/was stacked. It certainly beats champs being gone for a year or another hold up in certain divisions...or having Interim champs.

Not really. I'm not interested in watching Jones fight unless there is a serious challenger.

Apparently now they want to set up Shogun or Machida.. Again? No thanks.

Not really. I'm not interested in watching Jones fight unless there is a serious challenger.

Apparently now they want to set up Shogun or Machida.. Again? No thanks.

You'll see the build up for Jones vs Shogun 2... It'll be Shogun's retirement I bet....and he's undefeated in all of his rematches so it does make it a bit more interesting. And don't forget, the Pride Shogun may show up this time.

So' date=' you don't get excited to see if anyone can finish or beat Jon Jones? Or like seeing different moves he may try, unlike most one dimensional fighters? I prefer more well-rounded fighters myself.

[b']Did you write that article in that other Jones thread that everyone's been saying was really dumb?[/b] lol

I guess part of it is like watching a 7 foot black guy with 4 foot arms dunk a ball on a 10 foot hoop and calling it awesome. Jones is like that overpowered class in a video game that everyone wants to play cause they can't be stopped. Somehow he seems like he can't be stopped and to throw a midget at him that weighs less and is half his size makes the fight seem less than spectacular.

I do think that Jones is awesome, as he is doing what he should be within the rules. I just think it all seems meh... When he fights.

That's my take on it anyway. Not that he's a bad fighter, cause he's awesome, he just needs to get up and get into his right weight class and fight folks that can challenge him. Hell, maybe they can't, that would be something to see, if he could move up and roll the HW's. :)

I guess part of it is like watching a 7 foot black guy with 4 foot arms dunk a ball on a 10 foot hoop and calling it awesome. Jones is like that overpowered class in a video game that everyone wants to play cause they can't be stopped. Somehow he seems like he can't be stopped and to throw a midget at him that weighs less and is half his size makes the fight seem less than spectacular.

I do think that Jones is awesome' date=' as he is doing what he should be within the rules. I just think it all seems meh... When he fights.

That's my take on it anyway. Not that he's a bad fighter, cause he's awesome, he just needs to get up and get into his right weight class and fight folks that can challenge him. Hell, maybe they can't, that would be something to see, if he could move up and roll the HW's. :)[/quote']

There is a way to beat Jones and someone will prove it someday. There are always obstacles to deal with in any fight and solutions for everything. Think Chael Sonnen vs Anderson Silva 1....and 2 if you'd like. If Jones's opponents were smart, they would find a way to win. The kid is young. He can be careless and clumsy. Maybe Hendo will expose him more then Machida and Rashad did.....maybe Hendo studied.

Jones dominating the LHW division is actually a good thing for the UFC. They build him up as (virtually) undefeated at LHW and he takes on a couple challengers at HW, like Anderson Silva did with Forrest and Irvin.

There is a way to beat Jones and someone will prove it someday. There are always obstacles to deal with in any fight and solutions for everything. Think Chael Sonnen vs Anderson Silva 1....and 2 if you'd like. If Jones's opponents were smart' date=' they would find a way to win. The kid is young. He can be careless and clumsy. Maybe Hendo will expose him more then Machida and Rashad did.....maybe Hendo studied.

Jones dominating the LHW division is actually a good thing for the UFC. They build him up as (virtually) undefeated at LHW and he takes on a couple challengers at HW, like Anderson Silva did with Forrest and Irvin.[/quote']

I don't disagree with any of this in full. I just think that the reason that people don't think his fights are fun, is because of how good he is. Most of the people I know just don't like to watch him fight, (because it seems so unfair) so in some aspects, I don't think it is a great thing for the UFC that he seems unstoppable.

I go to a lot of local fights where I live and would rather spend my money on those than watch another Jones beating a way undersized shogun fight.

I don't disagree with any of this in full. I just think that the reason that people don't think his fights are fun' date=' is because of how good he is. Most of the people I know just don't like to watch him fight, (because it seems so unfair) so in some aspects, I don't think it is a great thing for the UFC that he seems unstoppable.

I go to a lot of local fights where I live and would rather spend my money on those than watch another Jones beating a way undersized shogun fight.[/quote']

Is it unfair when Pat Barry has to fight Stefan Struve? Or Cain Velasquez fights Bigfoot Silva?

Oh, and did you forget that undersized Shogun destroyed the now HW Alistair Overeem twice? Pretty sure Overeem hasn't grown taller. Bigger in bulk? Yes. I wonder who would win?

I believe fighting is more mind than body.

Sorry Doc' date=' but I can't say that Jones is exciting.

And Jones fighting five times a year is a bad thing, it doesn't give the UFC enough time to find a descent candidate or at least hype a fighter up. [b']That's how I see it[/b].

What's wrong with watching the Michael Jordan's? Ali's? Tiger Wood's? Jon Jones'? You should be honored to watch Greatness, years down the road people would kill for the chance to see a legend in his prime.

Oh and to the OP, the guy writing the article was being sarcastic. Lmao to you. :rolleyes:

Hmm... I think Doc just likes to be a "fan" of the top dood who beats ***. After Jones loses Doc will find the next up n comer n hug his sack too. :)

Yes' date=' because you know me so well...

I don't like Jones cause his length keeps him from getting hit,he wouldn't be that great without it..He'd have to fight on skill,not on an overwhelming advantage & take punishment that normal fighters have to..

That's just an excuse for his opponents who don't have balls or the ability to take him down. If you're gonna stand with Jones, you're going to have to deal with his reach. Find him a good wrestler.

I really just don't understand why fans bother with a sport they spend most of the time hating on. Butthurt? No. Everyone has their favorite fighters and fighters have their fans. I just don't get what's so bad about Jones? Sure' date=' he screwed up with the drunk driving and I've already stated it was a **** thing for him to do.

But I don't watch Jones for his drunk driving antics or for his ****iness in interviews. I watched him fight and destroy every man that's stood in front of him since he started in the UFC. He's finished all of the them. (Yes, one was a DQ--I know). So I guess I'm wrong for being a fan of a fighter who's more exciting than half the roster.[/quote']

I was unaware he finished Bonnar.

if you read the article its not rly blaming jones, all hes saying is that jones cant scratch his head about whats happening, hes beat all the top guys so quick they need to recycle people or promote fights that rly wouldnt make sense....it is the UFC/Jones' fault but no one is saying WTF BRO? GOSH!

it is what it is lol

i for one am excited for the rematches, i think machida will have a good chance in a second shot along with shogun and rashad...and dan might win!

I really just don't understand why fans bother with a sport they spend most of the time hating on. Butthurt? No. Everyone has their favorite fighters and fighters have their fans. I just don't get what's so bad about Jones? Sure' date=' he screwed up with the drunk driving and I've already stated it was a **** thing for him to do.

But I don't watch Jones for his drunk driving antics or for his ****iness in interviews. I watched him fight and destroy every man that's stood in front of him since he started in the UFC. [b']He's finished all of the them. (Yes, one was a DQ--I know[/b]). So I guess I'm wrong for being a fan of a fighter who's more exciting than half the roster.

he finished Stephan Bonnar and Andr? Gusm?o ??? wow

news to me....

and in reality he got finished in 1 of the fights, first round too...

Archived