Shogun's foolhardy mistake picking Vera

JosephPBlow

The has-been wanted an easy win and while he'll very likely get the 'W' Vera isn't a total slouch and if he can't put him away or give him a solid one sided beating Rua is going to look like a washed up chump.

Without a steller performance this is a lose-lose situation for ol' eggshell knees.

While I'd loooove for Vera to f*** over the UFC and their sleazy tactics by pulling off an upset I just don't see it happening. Either way, Shogun already looks like a desperate tool for calling out a guy who isn't anywhere close to a top 10 fighter just to get an easy win. He's lost so much respect from legit MMA fans for this bxtch move that I doubt his reputation will ever be the same. Regardless of the outcome.

Thiago Silva has average to good standup and in the vera fight what little time was spent standing, Vera absolutely dominated Thiago, not just a lucky punch like Machida got against but but staying in the pocket dodging punches/kicks and landing sweet combinations.

Thiago Silva has average to good standup and in the vera fight what little time was spent standing' date=' Vera absolutely dominated Thiago, not just a lucky punch like Machida got against but but staying in the pocket dodging punches/kicks and landing sweet combinations.[/quote']

I agree he fully showed up Thiago standing and if Thiago wasn't juiced up I think Vera would have won the fight!

Obviously Shogun would wipe the floor with Thiago also right, Silva is slow and plods forward, all he has is power, Rua would beat him easily imo

i agree rua would kill thiago probably

Rua just seems to not have great defence even a slow Hendo was able to land combinations that got through to him and if it was not for shoguns great chin he would have been gone.

i see a faster probably better cardio and skilled technically Vera landing combinations over and over on Shogun and one of them eventually doing damage

i agree rua would kill thiago probably

Rua just seems to not have great defence even a slow Hendo was able to land combinations that got through to him and if it was not for shoguns great chin he would have been gone.

i see a faster probably better cardio and skilled technically Vera landing combinations over and over on Shogun and one of them eventually doing damage

Yeah gotta say I was surprised at how easily Hendo was landing on Shogun, Rua truly has one of the very best chins out there!

It could happen but then it's hard to say if you look at the first Machida/Shogun fight, Machida is one of the fastest at LHW and better technically sound and he had a lot of trouble with Shogun

Yep i don't much like Vera but his style might be too much for Shogun.I would say Shogun MUST take the fight to the ground and i doubt he could do anything with it,might even get subbed lol.

I noticed Vera who usually looks VERY skinny,was able to maintain a bit of muscle this time around.

Definitely a fight i wouldn't touch with a Gumby Manchurian but on a hunch i think Vera wins this.

Shogun has this although it's going to be a tough battle in saying that though it al depends on what Vera shows up he has a lot more riding on this fight ( his future )

I just respect Shogun for wanting a harder fight than what he was going to get most fighters in that position would have taking the easy way out.

I doubt many people besides a few ****bags on here even know that Shogun turned down the Glover fight and asked for Vera or if any of the fox viewers even know who Glover is.

When it comes down to it Shogun will be on Fox TV tonight making a lot of money regardless of his opponent so it doesn't matter much if TheWonderfulWilliamson or any other big mouthed know it all lost any respect for him.

As far as the actual fight yeah, I think Vera could give Shogun a few problems standing. He doesn't have the aggression to really capitalize on it though and is in store for a real beating in front of a lot of people.

I doubt many people besides a few ****bags on here even know that Shogun turned down the Glover fight and asked for Vera or if any of the fox viewers even know who Glover is.

When it comes down to it Shogun will be on Fox TV tonight making a lot of money regardless of his opponent so it doesn't matter much if TheWonderfulWilliamson or any other big mouthed know it all lost any respect for him.

As far as the actual fight yeah' date=' I think Vera could give Shogun a few problems standing. He doesn't have the aggression to really capitalize on it though and is in store for a real beating in front of a lot of people.[/quote']

Lol

Cranky! Sounds like someone needs her tampon changed :)

Its hilarious when a fanboys only defense to criticism of his man-crush is to say "He makes a lot of money and you don't!"...gayest rebuttal ever.

While I'd loooove for Vera to f*** over the UFC and their sleazy tactics by pulling off an upset I just don't see it happening. Either way' date=' Shogun already looks like a desperate tool for calling out a guy who isn't anywhere close to a top 10 fighter just to get an easy win. He's lost so much respect from legit MMA fans for this bxtch move that I doubt his reputation will ever be the same. Regardless of the outcome.[/quote']

are you ****ing retarded?

he ddnt cal out vera, he had a choice between vera and glover

glover is a nobody lower than top 10

vera is a famous lower than top 10

he picked the best for his career, the ****in famous 1....dumb ****:rolleyes:

are you ****ing retarded?

he ddnt cal out vera' date=' he had a choice between vera and glover

glover is a nobody lower than top 10

vera is a famous lower than top 10

he picked the best for his career, the ****in famous 1....dumb ****:rolleyes:[/quote']

Instead of facing a talented up and comer Shobum chose Vera, a fighter who has proven to not be a high level UFC LHW.

Cowardly move.

Shogun is making hundreds of thousands of dollars tonight. He will be watched by people on network tv everywhere. He has the possibility of a title fight if he wins. What are you doing tonight?

lol jerking off to a pic of some chick he will never get with lol

and watching the guy hes ridiculing fight lol

Archived