dont see Total Recall...it sucks

BruteDion

6.9 eh' date=' that seems... oddly specific[/quote']

One thing to know about me...if I care about something I'm very critical...and as many know one here I'm a HUGE movie buff

I rate movies very hard and break it down...I almost want to give it a 7 but for my life I can not lie you with giving it a 7...

Giving a movie a 7 is saying it will not appeal to some ppl but will have a good following and maybe have the love of the hard core fans...and as you can see the original total recall fans all hate it...so I can't give it a 7

But a 6.9 says yah its not that good but it does belong in theaters

Yes I'm that critical lol

One thing to know about me...if I care about something I'm very critical...and as many know one here I'm a HUGE movie buff

I rate movies very hard and break it down...I almost want to give it a 7 but for my life I can not lie you with giving it a 7...

Giving a movie a 7 is saying it will not appeal to some ppl but will have a good following and maybe have the love of the hard core fans...and as you can see the original total recall fans all hate it...so I can't give it a 7

You were spot on with Batman,I thought it was the weakest one out of the trilogy..

You were spot on with Batman' date='I thought it was the weakest one out of the trilogy..[/quote']

Thank you...only problem with my breakdown of that movie is many ppl were only lookinh at the bad things I said about that movie and thought I hated it with a passion lol

Yah it was the weakest of the 3 but it was still a solid film(minus the editing) the first two set a really high bar and the 3rd just didn't live up

I just got out of it and yeah, it did suck. I didn't think there was a such thing as to much action but this movie proved that wrong. It was non stop running and fight scenes with some story thrown in every now and then, it was just to much to sit through

The only good thing was Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Veil and a brief three breasted lady.

I was actually super pumped to see it. I'll still see it worst case it's a waste of 7 bucks no big deal.

EDIT: I will be bummed if this movie does suck because that is arguably one of the coolest story lines in movie history and they would have to **** it up pretty bad. They could have made that movie such a trip!! I love those psychedelic movies that really get you thinking I figured this might be like that.

I don't get why remake it' date=' since the original was good.

Milking it more?[/quote']

This^^. Off the top of my head i can't think of any remakes that even came close to being as good as the original. That's another thing. Come up with something original for once.

Hollywood has lost just about all it's creativity.

Oceans 11!!!! Was better than the original!!

Yeah your right. Alot of movies that old suck though. There's definitely more miss remakes than hits.

I just really wish they'd make more original stuff. I feel like the 80's early 90's movies were so much more creative then

Not it seems like 80% of script writers just ran out of ideas and it's the same kinda rehashed stuff over and over again with a new shiny wrapper.

Yeah your right. Alot of movies that old suck though. There's definitely more miss remakes than hits.

I just really wish they'd make more original stuff. I feel like the 80's early 90's movies were so much more creative then it's like 80% of script writers just ran out of ideas and it's the same kinda rehashed stuff over and over again with a new shiny wrapper.

Yah your right...the problem is huge but its also filled with a lot of lil problems

In the past decade hollywood has seen a CRAZY (I can't stress that enough) amount of write strikes because they don't get paid enough for thier ideas

There used to be a time when you could go to college get a degree and go to Hollywood,Broadway and make a great life as a movie writer...those days are gone now it seems...Hollywood is scared to take a chance now and wants to go.with the "ol boy ideas"

This leads to many of the top writers going to T.V...I mean how fast has HBO,Starz, ect have been cranking out amazing shows?...it seems every other new show is the best you ever seen almost its crazy...**** even AMC is making killer shows now lol

And don't forget some are even tryin thier craft in the video game world...if the top game making companies stop being so Damn scared the industry for America could grow even faster

My point is Hollywood is shooting itself in the foot here with there lacking of recognizing what is truly needed to make a great movie and that is an "idea" and the fact that writers are the founders of these ideas not the studios

Finally, something else besides religion we can talk about. I could talk movies all day every day too.

Archived