UFC on Fox 4 prelims in UK??????

LuckyNumberEleven

Dont know what the **** is going on mate, it seems that EVERYONE is being charged when I search google whatever the country :eek:

Why the hell did UFC not tell everyone this in advance, its BS :mad:

Im contacting any and everyone I can think of that might be able to check this

Tweet back I just got on twitter from UFC:

UFC United Kingdom ‏@UFC_UK

The UFC on FOX card prelims are LIVE on UFC.tv - we're testing a new pricing system in UK, if you have feedback pls sent it to info@ufc.com

This is complete BS, they never gave us any advance notice or warning that they were going to trial this.

Plus, im a paid up member of UFC.tv anyway which is supposed to give me access to the prelim fights !!!!

Also, why the **** would we pay to watch the FREE fuel tv prelim fights :confused:

Have sent this email to UFC:

I have told in the tweet below to send an email to this address:

UFC United Kingdom ‏@UFC_UK

The UFC on FOX card prelims are LIVE on UFC.tv - we're testing a new pricing system in UK, if you have feedback pls sent it to info@ufc.com

As a UK based UFC fan and PAID UP member of UFC.tv, I am extremely angry about this "testing" of a new pricing system in the UK. I am now missing the prelim fights for the first time in over 2 years as a result!

If you want to test a new pricing system, then why did you not pre-announce this to fans? UK fans have been all over forum boards for the past half-an-hour wondering if there was some technical glitch! We have all now missed the chance to watch these fights due to your non-communication.

I buy the UFC.tv membership to watch prelim fights. You market the channel as such on this basis, so why am I paying for this subscription if you are now going to charge seperately to watch the prelim fights???

I would really like to know what on earth is happening with how we in the UK can watch the prelim fights and what the future holds for UFC.tv, as my subscription now seems worthless. I am still annoyed that the UFC 149 prelims have not been made available for me to watch on UFC.tv ???

I am now wondering what exactly I am paying for with UFC.tv, as It was sold to me as a way of watching the events prelim fights.

My UFC.tv account is under the username ###########

Regards

Nice work. I was gonna say what is the point in the UFC tv subscription then!? i thought it's sole purpose was so you can watch the prelims!?

BS

Its also crazy that we can watch the main cards free on ESPN, yet they wanna try and make us pay for the prelims :confused:

THATS BACK TO FRONT ****ES :rolleyes:

Its also crazy that we can watch the main cards free on ESPN' date=' yet they wanna try and make us pay for the prelims :confused:

THATS BACK TO FRONT ****ES :rolleyes:[/quote']

Don't worry, that gravy train won't be in town too long. Apparently they have enough folks in the UK addicted to start charging for things now.

JOnesyUK !!!!! :confused: I told you exactly what the price would be yesterday when you asked in my thread.

We really ARE testing out how to cover costs of all the feeds. People all over the world pay a small fee for the prelims, and of course more for fights.

There IS a test in price happening, but confusion about what it was and putting it in place.

This is the pricing for tonight:

?4.99 | ?1.99 (UK/Scotland)

?6.99 | ?2.99 (Ireland)

And anyone who paid any more than that in these regions will automatically get a credit.

I am personally answering all these info@ufc,com emails with this response. Yes, it's a form letter, that I wrote myself and have to send to hundreds of people:

" Hello

We truly appreciate hearing from our fans, and need to balance out cost of product vs accessibility to our fans globally. We are testing some price changes and appreciate your feedback.

The price displaying on the site may not be correct because of site cache timing. The correct pricing for the region is below, and you will see this charge on your credit card statement.

?4.99 | ?1.99 (UK/Scotland)

?6.99 | ?2.99 (Ireland)

Thank you for your patience and interest in the UFC! "

I never saw your response Leonie....

Still though, for everyone else there was no pre-warning of this, so it meant a lot of confusion for UK fans and the missing of the first couple of fights whilst we were all trying to work out what is going on.

As per my email though, I am confused as to why I pay for UFC.tv now as I originally paid for it to give me access to the prelim fights that I dont stay up to watch!

Something seems to have changed with UFC.tv too in regards to this, as I have still yet to be given access to 148 and 149 prelims... Again, no communication.

Its the lack of communication to the fans more than anything else that is frustrating about this whole thing

jonesyuk !!!!! :confused: I told you exactly what the price would be yesterday when you asked in my thread.

We really are testing out how to cover costs of all the feeds. People all over the world pay a small fee for the prelims' date=' and of course more for fights.

There is a test in price happening, but confusion about what it was and putting it in place.

This is the pricing for tonight:

?4.99 | ?1.99 (uk/scotland)

?6.99 | ?2.99 (ireland)

and anyone who paid any more than that in these regions will automatically get a credit.

I am personally answering all these info@ufc,com emails with this response. Yes, it's a form letter, that i wrote myself and have to send to hundreds of people:

" hello

we truly appreciate hearing from our fans, and need to balance out cost of product vs accessibility to our fans globally. We are testing some price changes and appreciate your feedback.

The price displaying on the site may not be correct because of site cache timing. The correct pricing for the region is below, and you will see this charge on your credit card statement.

?4.99 | ?1.99 (uk/scotland)

?6.99 | ?2.99 (ireland)

thank you for your patience and interest in the ufc! "[/quote']

rofl

I never saw your response Leonie....

Still though' date=' for everyone else there was no pre-warning of this, so it meant a lot of confusion for UK fans and the missing of the first couple of fights whilst we were all trying to work out what is going on.

As per my email though, I am confused as to why I pay for UFC.tv now as I originally paid for it to give me access to the prelim fights that I dont stay up to watch!

Something seems to have changed with UFC.tv too in regards to this, as I have still yet to be given access to 148 and 149 prelims... Again, no communication.

Its the lack of communication to the fans more than anything else that is frustrating about this whole thing[/quote']

As I said above, live events are not included in the subscription. Those prelims for 148 and 149 are still under restriction and are added after 30-45 days after an event, based on all the contracting rules for airing them. I have 148 set to go live this upcoming week.

As I said above' date=' live events are not included in the subscription. Those prelims for 148 and 149 are still under restriction and are added after 30-45 days after an event, based on all the contracting rules for airing them. I have 148 set to go live this upcoming week.[/quote']

That's crazy. So, basically, you can watch prelims that should be free a month after they air, IF you pay for them?

That's such a good ****ing deal I can't even stand it. AFK, signing up.

What? that I am replying to everyone? with exactly the information we have right now? At least we respond.

Yeah, you are right about that. Sorry. Just not happy with the current set up in my region either, I have no access to Fuel TV and knew that I could either change my provider or pay for it in some other way. Not trying to be a ******, just getting tired of having to try to find ways to watch fights that you are all making it harder and harder to do for some folks.

Wow you guys blow my mind. How can you complain about paying ?5. True fans would pay without the complaining and don't give me the excuse that they should of told you in advance. As usual the majority of you all complain about absolutely everything and anything. Pay the ?5 and quit the BS...

As I said above' date=' live events are not included in the subscription. Those prelims for 148 and 149 are still under restriction and are added after 30-45 days after an event, based on all the contracting rules for airing them. I have 148 set to go live this upcoming week.[/quote']

I know the live events arent included, but previously the prelims were added the following week of the event... I remember asking you once after a saturday event and you told me they would available to view the following tuesday, and they were!

We previously got the prelims live free via registering at UFC.tv (non-subscription), so like I was saying the big issue tonight was that there was not communication from UFC in advance of the event that there would be a 'charge testing' for this event.

No tweet, nothing on UFC.com, nothing told to mma media to communicate out... Heck, even Gareth A.Davies was not aware of it!

Wow you guys blow my mind. How can you complain about paying ?5. True fans would pay without the complaining and don't give me the excuse that they should of told you in advance. As usual the majority of you all complain about absolutely everything and anything. Pay the ?5 and quit the BS...

Its ?5 for the prelims, which are FREE on fuel tv, not the main cards.

Dont get involved in a discussion that doesnt involve you, especially when you dont understand what we are talking about :rolleyes:

Its ?5 for the prelims' date=' which are FREE on fuel tv, not the main cards.

Dont get involved in a discussion that doesnt involve you, especially when you dont understand what we are talking about :rolleyes:[/quote']

Its not me who whines and whinges at every opportunity mate showing off your e-mails you posted to ufc.com, You are a bore Jonesy and believe me I understand. Now enjoy the fights... bye..

Its not me who whines and whinges at every opportunity mate showing off your e-mails you posted to ufc.com' date=' You are a bore Jonesy and believe me I understand. Now enjoy the fights... bye..[/quote']

He's one of the more informative posters here. You, whining about people whining really solidifies your position here. Well played, captain dbag.

I know the live events arent included' date=' but previously the prelims were added the following week of the event... I remember asking you once after a saturday event and you told me they would available to view the following tuesday, and they were!

We previously got the prelims live free via registering at UFC.tv (non-subscription), so like I was saying the big issue tonight was that there was not communication from UFC in advance of the event that there would be a 'charge testing' for this event.

No tweet, nothing on UFC.com, nothing told to mma media to communicate out... Heck, even Gareth A.Davies was not aware of it![/quote']

Leonie... :confused:

I know the live events arent included' date=' but previously the prelims were added the following week of the event... I remember asking you once after a saturday event and you told me they would available to view the following tuesday, and they were!

No tweet, nothing on UFC.com, nothing told to mma media to communicate out... Heck, even Gareth A.Davies was not aware of it![/quote']

We were not clear on it ourselves, as it is new, and until right before the fight we did not realize the huge impact that had occurred... My job is to promote, run, and fix ****, but I did not make the decision and would have done what i could to advise ahead of time had I really realized.

Its ?5 for the prelims' date=' which are FREE on fuel tv, not the main cards.[/quote']

2, not 5, or 7. There was a legit mistake made in the pricing, and all accounts will get refunds/corrections

she is slightly busy fight nights working dude. the site isnt the only thing she has to work on so be patient man

Thank you sir, I got this. I run the stream you are all complaining about. I am on it. I am trying to make sure the feed is stable and audio syncing and no storms are interrupting satellite feeds, and dealing with FIXING the incorrect pricing AND answering hundreds of UK complaints.

I get that it's irritating, but big picture- it is less than a cost of a beer in a pub and we are getting enough feedback that it may not stick around. Around the world people pay different costs based on their TV deals...

And, bigger picture- I personally answer the forum and the emails and one of my best friends answers twitter and you could not find 2 better people who love fighting, understand the sport, and LOVE interacting with fans... but on fight night we are overwhelmed and can offer just the basics to get the answers out there. I hope you will accept that.

Like I said Leonie, none of my complaints are directed at you directly and I do appreciate you communicating directing with us all here.

Whomever made the last minute decision to test out the charging needs their **** kicked !!!

So what is the score with how far after events the prelims are made available to paid up ufc.tv members? Is it not the following week anymore? If not, why!? Seemed like a good incentive for peeps to take the subscription out, especially UK fans who may not wanna stay up until the early hours to watch them...

TIP: If you guys are planning on continuing with the pay for prelims option, why not include them in the UFC.tv subscription and allow us to watch them next day.. You will get far more UK fans take out UFC.tv subscriptions than pay for each one and stay up to watch them ;)

Like I said Leonie' date=' none of my complaints are directed at you directly and I do appreciate you communicating directing with us all here.

Whomever made the last minute decision to test out the charging needs their **** kicked !!!

So what is the score with how far after events the prelims are made available to paid up ufc.tv members? Is it not the following week anymore? If not, why!? Seemed like a good incentive for peeps to take the subscription out, especially UK fans who may not wanna stay up until the early hours to watch them...

[i']TIP:[/i] If you guys are planning on continuing with the pay for prelims option, why not include them in the UFC.tv subscription and allow us to watch them next day.. You will get far more UK fans take out UFC.tv subscriptions than pay for each one and stay up to watch them ;)

priamary answer, contract rules with everything that FOX.FUEL/FX airs cause the delay.

Secondary is the site business rules make it almost impossible to allow countries not touched in that agreement to watch without wreaking havoc. As the person posting them, it is a wash... stay up late and post them, or try to get them posted 30-45 days out... I know sooner would be better, but this is the general rule for now.

priamary answer' date=' contract rules with everything that FOX.FUEL/FX airs cause the delay.

Secondary is the site business rules make it almost impossible to allow countries not touched in that agreement to watch without wreaking havoc. As the person posting them, it is a wash... stay up late and post them, or try to get them posted 30-45 days out... I know sooner would be better, but this is the general rule for now.[/quote']

All confuses me tbh, not sure why the contract with the Fox network would affect our ability to watch the prelims here in the UK, as those channels do not exist in the UK :confused: What difference does it make to them :confused:

All confuses me tbh' date=' not sure why the contract with the Fox network would affect our ability to watch the prelims here in the UK, as those channels do not exist in the UK :confused: What difference does it make to them :confused:[/quote']

They have rights to them since aired on their channel. Not sure how else to explain.

They have rights to them since aired on their channel. Not sure how else to explain.

makes sense to me

They have the rights to them in the US, not the UK as they dont broadcast here :confused:

Surely the UFC's deal with them would only cover the countries they represent, not the ones they dont!

They have the rights to them in the US' date=' not the UK as they dont broadcast here :confused:

Surely the UFC's deal with them would only cover the countries they represent, not the ones they dont![/quote']

chill. wait till tomorrow and let the lady work. ask questions like this when she aint so busy.

they do not broadcast here, but we arent talking about TV rights, but what this site is allowed to show. UK broadcasting rights and the site are separate issues that are to complicated to go into right now

chill. wait till tomorrow and let the lady work. ask questions like this when she aint so busy.

they do not broadcast here' date=' but we arent talking about TV rights, but what this site is allowed to show. UK broadcasting rights and the site are separate issues that are to complicated to go into right now[/quote']

Mate, this is her work! Im not looking for instant answers anyways, she can take as long as she likes.

What this site shows should still not be an issue, because they normally blackout the prelims in all countries except the UK on UFC.tv .....

Mate' date=' this is her work! Im not looking for instant answers anyways, she can take as long as she likes.

What this site shows should still not be an issue, because they normally blackout the prelims in all countries except the UK on UFC.tv .....[/quote']

this site is only one small part of her work, just saying save the question for when she has time to deal with them.

Plus, if it was that simple then it wouldnt be an issue.

Archived