Me_Against_The_World's Movie thread. ( And Discussion )

Me_Against_The_World

My first genre I will start off with is Claymation. It's something that can sometimes capture realism better than actual film and is much different than animated film. To me, it's a special genre though most movies are kids movies or fails. I have 3 that are truly special and great see's for everyone.

mary-and-max-2.jpg

Mary and Max is not a movie for kids, it will make you laugh, it will make you cry, but you will be glad you watched it. It gives off a somber vibe only that could be displayed so perfectly through Claymation.

nightmare_before_christmas_ver2.jpg

Well this is the cult classic, one of the most original film in recent decades. It's a joy, good for all ages, the most famous Claymation movie.

CoralinePoster.jpg

This movie seems completely original, though there's a lot of similarities to Nightmare Before Christmas, but it's still an amazing movie. Good for all ages, if you enjoy the other 2 you should definitely try watching it.

Shawshank Redemption, Reservoir Dogs, Shooter, Pulp Fiction, Lucky Number Slevin, Menace 2 Society, Super Troopers, Green Mile, A Clockwork Orange, Taken, Gangs of New York, Full Metal Jacket, Friday, Match Point, Office Space, Predator, 8 Mile

EDIT

The Departed was good, I loved the music in the movie too.

Ever seen Being John Malkovich? Really obscure movie' date=' it was billed as a comedy but it was one of the most depressing movies I've ever watched. Good film though[/quote']

Boys Don't Cry and Requiem For A Dream along with Grave of Fireflies are probably the saddest movies I've ever seen by far, at the end my heart ached honestly.

I don't think I've seen Being John Malkovich but I'm about to go check it out to passout to.

Boys Don't Cry and Requiem For A Dream along with Grave of Fireflies are probably the saddest movies I've ever seen by far' date=' at the end my heart ached honestly.

I don't think I've seen Being John Malkovich but I'm about to go check it out to passout to.[/quote']

Requiem is a TERRIBLY depressing movie, as is everything Darren Aronovski does

Requiem is a TERRIBLY depressing movie' date=' as is everything Darren Aronovski does[/quote']

You should definitely try watching Boys Don't Cry or Grave of Fireflies if you haven't, very original movies and far different from eachother but I consider them all really touching and meaningful.

Also, comment on the Claymation? ;D

Goodfellas, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, True Grit (John Wayne), Dazed and Confused, American Beauty, American Graffiti, Shane, High Noon, Halloween I and II (original), Die Hard, Rambo: First Blood Part II, Stigmata, A Bronx Tale, Tombstone, Superman I and II (Christopher Reeve), Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Blade (1st one), Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, Batman: The Movie (1966- Adam West), Caddyshack, Platoon, The Longest Yard (original), Smokey and the Bandit, The Untouchables, Office Space, Old School, The Hangover, Blow, Gangs of New York, Predator, A Knight's Tale, Braveheart, No Country for Old Men, Kill Bill (all), Indiana Jones (all, even the last one), Evil Dead Trilogy, Star Wars (all), Star Trek (all), Armageddon, Gran Torino, James Bond (Sean Connery/Pierce Brosnan/Daniel Craig), The Sandlot, I could keep going but I better stop there.

I know, I know, tl;dr lol.

Goodfellas' date=' Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, True Grit (John Wayne), Dazed and Confused, American Beauty, American Graffiti, Shane, High Noon, Halloween I and II (original), Die Hard, Rambo: First Blood Part II, Stigmata, A Bronx Tale, Tombstone, Superman I and II (Christopher Reeve), Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Blade (1st one), Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, Batman: The Movie (1966- Adam West), Caddyshack, Platoon, The Longest Yard (original), Smokey and the Bandit, The Untouchables, Office Space, Old School, The Hangover, Blow, Gangs of New York, Predator, A Knight's Tale, Braveheart, No Country for Old Men, Kill Bill (all), Indiana Jones (all, even the last one), Evil Dead Trilogy, Star Wars (all), Star Trek (all), Armageddon, Gran Torino, James Bond (Sean Connery/Pierce Brosnan/Daniel Craig), The Sandlot, I could keep going but I better stop there.

I know, I know, tl;dr lol.[/quote']

you coulda just said "pretty much any movie ever made..." ya know? ;)

Boys Don't Cry and Requiem For A Dream along with Grave of Fireflies are probably the saddest movies I've ever seen by far' date=' at the end my heart ached honestly.

I don't think I've seen Being John Malkovich but I'm about to go check it out to passout to.[/quote']

Grave of the Fire Flies was incredibly depressing...

Spirited Away is also one of the greatest anime movies ever made.

If you're into that sort of thing.

Yeah' date=' but what could of possibly given that away?

PS: Everyone, this isn't really a thread where you just post lists of great movies and leave, that's kind of irrelevant. Discuss movies, hopefully the ones I will be mentioning and talking about in each installment of this thread? :)[/quote']

juice is way underrated

Grave of the Fire Flies was incredibly depressing...

Spirited Away is also one of the greatest anime movies ever made.

If you're into that sort of thing.

Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Nausicaa, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke...Unbelievable film maker, one of the best ever Miyazaki is in my book.

Warrior movies set in the far past.

gladiator.jpg

This movie should be a must see for almost anyone. I don't know what to say, it's the best movie of it's kind by far.

apocalypto.jpg

This movie probably one of the most underrated of the last 10 years or so, probably because of the subtitles but you don't have to be a good reader to follow along with this movie and the subtitles make it much more primal and powerful of a film as it's intended to be. Apocalypto is a movie I love, it's worth a watch.

1995-braveheart-poster1.jpg

This movie clearly a classic of classics, a great film of honor and heroism, along with great action and storyline. If you havne't seen it, do so.

These movies are all of warriors in different era's of time,, fighting for what they believe in and what they love. I don't think many movies could ever display what these do any better.

gladiator.jpg

This movie should be a must see for almost anyone. I don't know what to say' date=' it's the best movie of it's kind by far.

[img']http://www.filmposters.it/imgposter/grandi/apocalypto.jpg[/img]

This movie probably one of the most underrated of the last 10 years or so, probably because of the subtitles but you don't have to be a good reader to follow along with this movie and the subtitles make it much more primal and powerful of a film as it's intended to be. Apocalypto is a movie I love, it's worth a watch.

This movie clearly a classic of classics, a great film of honor and heroism, along with great action and storyline. If you havne't seen it, do so.

These movies are all of warriors in different era's of time,, fighting for what they believe in and what they love. I don't think many movies could ever display what these do any better.

300 i would replace for braveheart

lol or ryan reynolds

Never seen a movie with Reynolds in it, except Blade 3, but I wasn't aware who he was then.

I dislike where Joseph Gordon Levitt's acting career is going though, his best performance by far was Mysterious Skin and I liked Manic a good bit too, now he just kind of seems like another Hollywood guy who doesn't stand out at all.

Never seen a movie with Reynolds in it' date=' except Blade 3, but I wasn't aware who he was then.

I dislike where Joseph Gordon Levitt's acting career is going though, his best performance by far was Mysterious Skin and I liked Manic a good bit too, now he just kind of seems like another Hollywood guy who doesn't stand out at all.[/quote']

I like jgl and hes great in a supporting role but this premium rush movie looks sketchy

I like jgl and hes great in a supporting role but this premium rush movie looks sketchy

I thought he was really bland and just a name in Dark Knight Rises, also yeah that Rush movie looks horrible. I just see him tumbling down that slope becoming more of an image and a name, than an individual and an actor. Not that I wish anything against the guy.

I thought he was really bland and just a name in Dark Knight Rises' date=' also yeah that Rush movie looks horrible. I just see him tumbling down that slope becoming more of an image and a name, than an individual and an actor. Not that I wish anything against the guy.[/quote']

how do you like tom hardy

I thought he was really bland and just a name in Dark Knight Rises' date=' also yeah that Rush movie looks horrible. I just see him tumbling down that slope becoming more of an image and a name, than an individual and an actor. Not that I wish anything against the guy.[/quote']

Agree about the Dark Knight, but that's whatever. I liked him in all of his previous films like 50/50, Brick, 500 days of summer, The Lookout. Premium Rush could probably be hit or miss, it seems like the usually type of movie. He has something he shouldn't have and gets chased, yadda yadda he lives and other guy goes to jail. Looper could turn out to be a decent one this year.

heres the trailer if you have not seen it.

Goodfellas' date=' Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, True Grit (John Wayne), Dazed and Confused, American Beauty, American Graffiti, Shane, High Noon, Halloween I and II (original), Die Hard, Rambo: First Blood Part II, Stigmata, A Bronx Tale, Tombstone, Superman I and II (Christopher Reeve), Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Blade (1st one), Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, Batman: The Movie (1966- Adam West), Caddyshack, Platoon, The Longest Yard (original), Smokey and the Bandit, The Untouchables, Office Space, Old School, The Hangover, Blow, Gangs of New York, Predator, A Knight's Tale, Braveheart, [b']No Country for Old Men[/b], Kill Bill (all), Indiana Jones (all, even the last one), Evil Dead Trilogy, Star Wars (all), Star Trek (all), Armageddon, Gran Torino, James Bond (Sean Connery/Pierce Brosnan/Daniel Craig), The Sandlot, I could keep going but I better stop there.

I know, I know, tl;dr lol.

I forgot about that one, I loved that movie.

gladiator.jpg

This movie should be a must see for almost anyone. I don't know what to say' date=' it's the best movie of it's kind by far.

[img']http://www.filmposters.it/imgposter/grandi/apocalypto.jpg[/img]

Loved all of those. I really want them to make a movie about the the great cathaginian general Hannibal.

I heard rumours they were going to make it a few years ago but haven't heard anything since. They were considering Vin Diesal for the role:eek: Although he looks sort of phoenecian/libyan his range is terrible. I heard Denzel was also considered.

They might still be making it but idk i haven't checked.

My first genre I will start off with is Claymation. It's something that can sometimes capture realism better than actual film and is much different than animated film. To me' date=' it's a special genre though most movies are kids movies or fails. I have 3 that are truly special and great see's for everyone.

[img']http://www.mposter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/mary-and-max-2.jpg[/img]

Mary and Max is not a movie for kids, it will make you laugh, it will make you cry, but you will be glad you watched it. It gives off a somber vibe only that could be displayed so perfectly through Claymation.

nightmare_before_christmas_ver2.jpg

Well this is the cult classic, one of the most original film in recent decades. It's a joy, good for all ages, the most famous Claymation movie.

CoralinePoster.jpg

This movie seems completely original, though there's a lot of similarities to Nightmare Before Christmas, but it's still an amazing movie. Good for all ages, if you enjoy the other 2 you should definitely try watching it.

Second picture isn't up, but there are two stop motion movies coming out this year Paranorman and Frankenweenie, both targeted for kids, but are horror type movies. I've always liked stop motion since the first time I saw The Nightmare Before Christmas.

how do you like tom hardy

I didn't like warrior....at all, I also didn't really like him or the Dark Knight Rises, Dark Knight Rises had to be one of the biggest Cinema let downs ever for me, 2 of the best super hero and batman films ever and they're making a trilogy to end the series? I don't know what went wrong, I fell asleep to it the first time and I'm an insomniac, watched it all the way through to make sure I wasn't dreaming it sucked the second time, wasn't great.

So as of now, not too high on Hardy, though he's an Aussie right??

This edition of my favorite movies, is for movies that require a lot of thought and bring surprises and compelling twists.

Fight-Club-Poster1.jpg

Fight Club, oh how this movie is incredible. One of my favorite films ever, this will be on multiple lists no doubt. I'm sure most of you have seen this, but it's always worth rewatching and it's not as straight forward as everyone expects going in, it hits life on the deepest aspects, it's quite a mental film that can leave you asking questions and throw surprises at you. It's just...amazing.

shutter-island-movie-poster12.jpg

Shutter Island, really a great film, goes along with the genre wonderfully. I've never been a fan of Leo personally but in Shutter Island and The Departed he's fantastic. Rufallo also was awesome in this movie, I'm a fan of his glad to see him make it as Hulk on the Avengers. It's a mental thriller, it keeps you guessing until the very end and has one of the best endings I've ever seen I may say.

medium_old-boy-poster02.jpg

This movie is awesome, I'd say you need to be able to read though might be a tall task for some of you guys here. The English dub is horrible, just watch it in Japanese with the subtitles. It's an action packed mystery that is pretty realistically bizarre worth watching, trust me.

jacobsladderposter.jpg

THIS MOVIE IS A TRIP! Watched it because I wanted to see what other amazing performances this man did besides Shawshank, wow, was late at night alone....gets your heart racing, the movie is intense to me atleast, also Tim Robbins has an elegance to him in this movie that gives a comfortable vibe, very contrasting. I have to admit though, this movie doesn't come together as beautifully as the first three and is more of a personal choice for me.

Basic and Memento are probably my favorite movies.

I haven't had time for much movie watching lately' date=' I've been hooked on Dexter. I watched Season 2 in one day, that's kind of obsessive.[/quote']

Memento and A Beauitufl mind seemed really bland and generic to me, I wasn't a fan of them but they are probably obvious inclusions to most for this list.

Just watched the curious case of benjamin button again' date=' love that film so much!! Brad Pitt is by far my fav actor.

Fight club

Seven

12 monkeys

All the ocean films

Interview with the vampire

Snatch

Kalifonia

Sleepers

All awesome films!!! Bet I have missed some out aswel.[/quote']

You just want to sleep with Brad Pitt, you sick freak.

You should definitely try watching Boys Don't Cry or Grave of Fireflies if you haven't' date=' very original movies and far different from eachother but I consider them all really touching and meaningful.

Also, comment on the Claymation? ;D[/quote']

:( my GF made me watch that while i thought it was a great movie and really touching i most likely won't ever watch it again as i can't really watch sad movies like that to much :( was happy with the ending as the brother and sister were together again tho

Archived