Machida at Middleweight

Striker_Kid

Machida IMO is number 3/4 in the world. Yeah he's lost a few fights but his thing is being able to learn and adapt those lessons to future fights and he talks intelligently about his losses. IMO it is Anderson Silva, George St. Pierre, Jon Jones and Lyoto Machida. Lyoto is a big guy and I don't see him being healthy at 185, plus Anderson Silva is there and Machida would never fight Silva so even if he dominated the division (liek he would) there is no point for him to go to 185 because he wants to be champion.. plus he just got a title shot at 205.

Machida would be a top 3 Middleweight 100% the only guys at 185 that i can see beating Lyoto are Anderson and Vitor other than that he would have his way with the rest of the division

Would love to see the Vitor fight but I think Vitor would run into something and get (T)KOed.

Anderson vs Lyoto is the ultimate super fight for me, but I know that there's 0% chance of it happening though.

Machida IMO is number 3/4 in the world. Yeah he's lost a few fights but his thing is being able to learn and adapt those lessons to future fights and he talks intelligently about his losses. IMO it is Anderson Silva' date=' George St. Pierre, Jon Jones and Lyoto Machida. Lyoto is a big guy and I don't see him being healthy at 185, plus Anderson Silva is there and Machida would never fight Silva so even if he dominated the division (liek he would) there is no point for him to go to 185 because he wants to be champion.. plus he just got a title shot at 205.[/quote']

Let's not get carried away...

Yea' date=' a fighter who routinely fights at a size and weight disadvantage, who has amazing striking and strike defense, amazing TDD and great trips, and who also has good BJJ has no business being considered a top P4P fighter...[/quote']

He said that Machida is number 3/4 in the world... I would write a paragraph about how ridiculous that statement is but I can't bother

He has a similar style to Silva's and he has better takedown defense so he could dominate.

Also' date=' there is no Jon Jones there[/quote']

Plus, he doesn't have to fight guys 25 lbs heavier than him either.

But, who knows? Maybe Machida can frustrate Jones and get him to slip up like Bader.

Plus' date=' he doesn't have to fight guys 25 lbs heavier than him either.

But, who knows? Maybe Machida can frustrate Jones and get him to slip up like Bader.[/quote']

Bader was dumb as hell running right into him but Machida looked very confident and sharp. He may catch Bones :eek:

And yes, we're counting Hendo out because he has virtually no chance

Bader was dumb as hell running right into him but Machida looked very confident and sharp. He may catch Bones :eek:

And yes' date=' we're counting Hendo out because he has virtually no chance[/quote']

Yeah, I originally was going to post that maybe Hendo will get a lucky punch on Jones and Machida can have a war with him. But, realistically, I see Hendo getting choked out pretty easily. I'm all for Machida vs Hendo, though. I've always wanted to see that fight.

Archived