Enough of Joe Rogan

Jerek

This is been building for awhile, but tonight was the worst case I can think of. Joe Rogan isn't a commentator. He's a glorified cheerleader for his favorite fighter in each fight.

The Shogun vs Vera, he has lost all perspective. He has been cheerleading all Vera's strikes and was coaching him when he had Shogun on the ground. Commentator's should be neutral.

All I want is the option to mute Rogan and Goldberg in the UFC streams. I get almost every event. I think for those of us that have been watching the UFC and mma for awhile don't need the commentating any more. I feel that the commentating takes away from my enjoyment of the event rather than adding to it.

I prefer the commentating, keeps me awake when the fights are boring. When the fights are good, I don't even pay attention to what Joe says because of how good the fight is, i.e shogun vs henderson.

That fight was brutal and I don't remember a single word Joe Rogan said, cause I was focused on the fight. But during the 149 card, the only thing keeping me awake was Joe and Mike Goldberg's commentating.

This is been building for awhile' date=' but tonight was the worst case I can think of. Joe Rogan isn't a commentator. He's a glorified cheerleader for his favorite fighter in each fight.

The Shogun vs Vera, he has lost all perspective. He has been cheerleading all Vera's strikes and was coaching him when he had Shogun on the ground. Commentator's should be neutral.

All I want is the option to mute Rogan and Goldberg in the UFC streams. I get almost every event. I think for those of us that have been watching the UFC and mma for awhile don't need the commentating any more. I feel that the commentating takes away from my enjoyment of the event rather than adding to it.[/quote']

Joe is neutral. he coached both fighters as you wanna call it. he simply describes what each fighter must do in certain spots as the casual fan usually has no idea wtf is going on other than 2 people fighting. they have no idea the skill involved in the fight.

I prefer the commentating' date=' keeps me awake when the fights are boring. When the fights are good, I don't even pay attention to what Joe says because of how good the fight is, i.e shogun vs henderson.

That fight was brutal and I don't remember a single word Joe Rogan said, cause I was focused on the fight. But during the 149 card, the only thing keeping me awake was Joe and Mike Goldberg's commentating.[/quote']

this..

Joe is neutral. he coached both fighters as you wanna call it. he simply describes what each fighter must do in certain spots as the casual fan usually has no idea wtf is going on other than 2 people fighting. they have no idea the skill involved in the fight.

this..

Who gives a **** what the commentators say?

You guys are focused on the wrong thing.

this..

This

and this..

This is been building for awhile' date=' but tonight was the worst case I can think of. Joe Rogan isn't a commentator. He's a glorified cheerleader for his favorite fighter in each fight.

All I want is the option to mute Rogan and Goldberg in the UFC streams. I get almost every event. I think for those of us that have been watching the UFC and mma for awhile don't need the commentating any more. I feel that the commentating takes away from my enjoyment of the event rather than adding to it.[/quote']

If you watch the ufc events on ufc.tv you can switch to espanol audio. (Im assuming you want to hear octagon side striking impacts, slams, etc.)

Protip: Ufc.tv has free payperviews, prelims, and every event streamed to countries(by ip location) that do not contractually exclusively broadcast UFC events. Proxies are your friend :) :) :) :)

Agreed. Even though Shogun was getting takedowns, I thought that Rogan was still the one most likely to "mount" Vera. Skickening, and a real spoiler for a decent fight.

Lauzon v Varner: Goldie:This is a war, fight of the night written all over it middway through round 2 WTF

Was an OK fight but wait till its over before the crystal ball of predictions Goldie uses is put to use...

If you say enough random stuff eventually you will get one right.

I like when they praising a fighter and he gets KO'd just seconds later

There's always the mute button.

True but I want to be able to hear the crowd, the fighters and their corner.

If they had a mute button for the commentators specifically, I would be very happy. I think it would be a nice option and shouldn't take much to implement.

I like Rogan, I really do think he's a cool guy especially on his podcasts.....but SERIOUSLY! Stop with the ****ing 'best fighter in the world' bollocks. Most of the time, they aren't even the best fighter in the public MMA world, and in some cases UFC. He sounds stupid when he goes off on those shouting statements trying to impress his girlfriend Goldy.

He even said after the last event that if Henderson wins he's the best fighter ever. LOL :rolleyes:

Archived