Rogan & goldie

Machidas_Homeboy

I never cheer for him as a fighter, but I think this guy could make a great announcer:

thumbnail.aspx?q=4859927951114712&id=6b4b70dc5601e39768eacbbd02394f20

He's got a great voice, lots of personality, and he's very comfortable behind the mic. I'd like to see them move him out of the booth and to cageside to call the fights. I don't know if he'd work well with Rogan, but he'd definitely be a good replacement for Florian.

Rogan and Goldie are permanent, so you fickle little whiners might as well shut the flock up already. BUT... I believe Bas and Joe will be doing some stuff together soon. And yes on Chael and Rashad. They are both going to be with the UFC for a long time I presume, and commentating at some point for sure.

But for gawd sakes, shut up about Goldie. The dude is a stalwart, and has been with Zuffa longer than most of you have been breathing.

Rogan and Goldie are permanent' date=' so you fickle little whiners might as well shut the flock up already. BUT... I believe Bas and Joe will be doing some stuff together soon. And yes on Chael and Rashad. They are both going to be with the UFC for a long time I presume, and commentating at some point for sure.

But for gawd sakes, shut up about Goldie. The dude is a stalwart, and has been with Zuffa longer than most of you have been breathing.[/quote']

I don't think the beef is with Goldie, it's the combination of Rogan and Goldberg. Just seems like over the years Rogan has more of a harsh opinion every event and Goldie doesn't know how to deal with or respond to what he says... IMO I would be pissed at Rogan if I was Dana when he talks down about the end of fights... even if it's a sh!t finish to a fight you still have a responsibility as a commentator to make it seem like it was a good decision to watch said fight, but Rogan will just be like "Brutal, that was terrible, I hated it. This sport sucks" lol I might've made that last part up :P

Rogan: Good with the jits analysis and predictions and walkthroughs. Too much hype though. Especially during the fight itself. I think he's too lost in the "respecting fighters" mentality, that's his problem.

Goldberg: Give him a break. Reading cue-cards and teleprompters IS a skill. How many guys are lining up to read commercials, sponsors, and all that crap? There's not exactly a line forming at the giving-hand-jobs-career table.

Jon Anik: But this guy went in line to the giving-hand-jobs-career table. Small guy with a small voice. Voice WAY too low. No presence. Fire him, there are plenty of better announcers...

Ben Stiller: ..But not this guy. Compared to the announcing, he makes the popping of rice krispies in milk seem like a sorority orgie party.

Mir: he's smart and articulate, and I loved his post fight interview studder after JDS rattled his brain. Bwahahaha.

Black guy sitting next to Randy last night: Who the **** are you? Go back to whatever Fox Sports show you were kicked off of.

Chael: Good charisma, good improv, voice is too nasal-y for TV to be an announcenr

Rashad: I guess if you want a token black guy. Knowledgeable about MMA, but he doesnt have as much of the "white-black-guy" that the above mentioned black guy has. A little too thug. Just slightly

Randy: Voice is too "old man-ish." DOesnt have the TV voice.

Brian Stann: Too straight laced and serious. Somebody needs to edward 40 hands this guy up before he announces. he's a hero for christ's sake, buy him another round.

Bas Rutten: That's going backwards. UFC is trying to be progressive not bringing back the good oldnot holds barred days. He's getting annoying and he's not mainstream enough.

Anyone from strikeforce: Just kill them. All.

Rogan: Good with the jits analysis and predictions and walkthroughs. Too much hype though. Especially during the fight itself. I think he's too lost in the "respecting fighters" mentality' date=' that's his problem.

Goldberg: Give him a break. Reading cue-cards and teleprompters IS a skill. How many guys are lining up to read commercials, sponsors, and all that crap? There's not exactly a line forming at the giving-hand-jobs-career table.

Jon Anik: But this guy went in line to the giving-hand-jobs-career table. Small guy with a small voice. Voice WAY too low. No presence. Fire him, there are plenty of better announcers...

Ben Stiller: ..But not this guy. Compared to the announcing, he makes the popping of rice krispies in milk seem like a sorority orgie party.

Mir: he's smart and articulate, and I loved his post fight interview studder after JDS rattled his brain. Bwahahaha.

Black guy sitting next to Randy last night: Who the **** are you? Go back to whatever Fox Sports show you were kicked off of.

Chael: Good charisma, good improv, voice is too nasal-y for TV to be an announcenr

Rashad: I guess if you want a token black guy. Knowledgeable about MMA, but he doesnt have as much of the "white-black-guy" that the above mentioned black guy has. A little too thug. Just slightly

Randy: Voice is too "old man-ish." DOesnt have the TV voice.

Brian Stann: Too straight laced and serious. Somebody needs to edward 40 hands this guy up before he announces. he's a hero for christ's sake, buy him another round.

Bas Rutten: That's going backwards. UFC is trying to be progressive not bringing back the good oldnot holds barred days. He's getting annoying and he's not mainstream enough.

Anyone from strikeforce: Just kill them. All.[/quote']

Not bad. But you missed Florian's assessment (we can probably assume what it is though)

Goldberg is funny but clueless. Rogan is often annoyingly biased. That said, there are worse contenders, so be careful what you wish for. I NEVER want to suffer having to listen to MIR again. Now if Chael decided to share his wisdom......... Maybe he and Bisping would make a dream commentary team....... :)

Goldberg will say something, get corrected by Joe and then totally agree and change his tune from his original statement. It just gets annoying to listen to. I have people at work that have been with the company forever too, but they still suck at their jobs, doesn't mean they should be there. :P

bas and rogan are the same thing... their annalist while goldy is play by play if you know anything about commentarty you know you cant have 2 annalist and 0 play by play. sonnen rogan would be the same. thats why when you watch sports theres some one like joe buck and troy aikmen. or anik and florian. or gus johnson and chris collinsworth. play by play and annalist are two differant jobs

I never cheer for him as a fighter' date=' but I think this guy could make a great announcer:

[img']http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4859927951114712&id=6b4b70dc5601e39768eacbbd02394f20[/img]

He's got a great voice, lots of personality, and he's very comfortable behind the mic. I'd like to see them move him out of the booth and to cageside to call the fights. I don't know if he'd work well with Rogan, but he'd definitely be a good replacement for Florian.

I agree that Cuba Gooding Jr. would make a great announcer. Loved him in Snow Dogs.

Archived