Machida vs Shogun 3 - make it happen

TigerChamp

**** trying to set up an immediate title contender match when all 4 guys were already destroyed by JBJ

All machida does was the same old same old. Backpedal and land a great counterstrike. there wasnt much of any strikes landed at all in that fight. bader tried to close the distance but fell into lyotos game. nothing spectacular at all. even rogan and goldie called it 30 seconds before it happened. that was to be expected.

but shogun and vera was a war.. that was a more impressive fight because both fighters had balls. despite being tired from punching each other in the face, they brought it to each other. that fight had everything. it wasnt just one fighter backing off and avoiding a fight until his opponent gift wrapped him a perfect opportunity for him to counter. thats not the most exciting thing to go into a fight just to avoid and wait, hoping for your perfect opportunity because if your opponent doesnt give it to you, nothing ever happens in the fight. shogun and vera gave each other nothing for space and nothing to work with. it was an all out dogfight. both guys brought it whereas machida never looked any different then ever. he just backs off all day long until he gets lucky. that didnt really impress me at all because i seen it coming a mile away before the fight even started

i dont think they should be so quick to pronounce an immediate contender. both fights were great but shogun vs vera was a dogfight, and machida vs bader not so much. yeah machida was flawless in that fight but thats because he just chooses to not engage and wait all day long. if he would show any aggression in his style at all then there would be no disputing his fights against guys like rampage because he would have whooped their ***.

if you ask me they need to slow it down a little bit. both fighters could be argued equally impressive. shogun vs machida 3 rubbermatch needs to happen. they both have a win over each other, they both are coming off of equally impressive knockouts and if you ask me, this fight makes more sense and needs to happen to solidify a true contender.

vera came out strong but that was a war. im thinking holy crap no way is this guy taking it to shogun. they just stood there and traded and put on a show. and even rogan and goldberg seen it coming from a mile away when it happened. when bader got KTFO you couldnt even hear their volume going up a tone. because them and everybody else with a brain knows what was going to happen. Not so much Vera and Shogun when both of them were exchanging and could have both had the fight put away several times over in the fight. That was exciting. They were taking it to each other. The only thing exciting in any Machida fight is when his opponent makes a mistake and charges in and he knocks them out.

people like to question shoguns cardio but this guy has gone 5 rounds with the best of them and has had many close fights. its human nature. sure machida could probably go 15 rounds with that style of his but that is boring as hell and anybody can look like they got plenty of energy when they just spend the whole fight eluding their opponent

i really dont see how machida vs bader was even considered to be more impressive. machidas style bores me and there wasnt even 5% of the total strikes landed in that fight from either fighter compared to vera and shogun because neither fighter wanted to engage. if bader didnt run in there like an idiot then that fight would have been 3 rounds with less than 20 significant strikes landed by each fighter and nothing would have happened. at least bader tried to do something and then he paid for it. machida would have been happy to just sit there and wait for him all day and do nothing

No. If anything Machida vs Vera should be set up.

Nah :/

Vera isn't the most sophisticated ***** in your mother's bedside drawer. iykwim

Let's be honest, Vera at best... AT BEST... looks decent getting KO'd by an out of shape shogun.

Motivated lean Machida would tool him.

Machida vs Jones (cause hendo will lose)

Shogun vs Gustaffson

If both win, big if on Machida's part, Machida vs Shogun III on TUF Brasil would be BIG for the UFC in Brazil

^^ lol. WTF?

Machida/Shogun 3?? Vera vs Machida? Why? Vera lost.

How about Vera vs Gustaffson' date=' or Machida vs. Glover (after he retires Page).

No on Chida/Rua 3. Nobody wants to see it. Let Machida fight Bones again. He'll do better this time, maybe even win.[/quote']

oh i want to see it

both fighters have rebounded from tough losses including to jon jones. both fighters have a win and a loss over each other. both fighters are right at the top of the ladder. and both fighters put on a performance last night. it only makes sense to me.

who's to say shogun couldnt put on a better performance next time against JBJ? (assuming he wins because pretty much everybody has already written off hendo) this is MMA and anything can happen.

Machida vs Jones (cause hendo will lose)

Shogun vs Gustaffson

If both win' date=' big if on Machida's part, Machida vs Shogun III on TUF Brasil would be BIG for the UFC in Brazil[/quote']

I think today's Shogun getting by Gustaffson is an even bigger if than Machida beating Jones

that makes hardly any sense at all. i say shogun vs machida 3. yeah i thought it was over the 2nd time around - When Shogun knocked Machida right the **** out, but now they are both at the top of the pecking order again. it needs to happen and i would rather see that

both fighters would get destroyed again by JBJ i would expect. But if hendo somehow pulls the upset a rematch with shogun or a fight against machida would be very interesting to me. i dont want to count either of these guys out right now because in my opinion their performances last night were equal. they just have different styles and its all how you appreciate it. shogun comes in to brawl and machida uses his brains and they were both very successful at executing their gameplans

machida just doesnt eat the amount of shots that shogun does because he is a master at eluding, and i question his jaw as being pretty suspect but he fights alot smarter and doesnt put himself into a dogfight. i really dont know what would happen if they had a rubbermatch but im pretty sure JBJ would kick both of their asses again down the road. They should have a trilogy. In my opinion whoever loses really wins the fight for not being destined for another JBJ beatdown.

well i am starting a petition for shogun vs machida 3. who is with me?

machida vs jbj is too early, and unless hendo can find some miracle way to beat jon jones, i really think this machida vs jbj rematch is too early and its only going to hurt his career. i mean how much more title shots can they possibly spoon feed this guy?

I would rather watch M.A.S.H reruns thank you.

These guys are so bottom of the barrel ,Jones should just fight the top 5 contenders on every main card fight.Jones would go 5-0 on the night,get every fight bonus and make 5x as much money.

If he is still bored has too much energy left to burn he can do a Piper's Pit end show.

Personally I dont think Lyoto deserves another shot yet.

I'm a huuuge Machida fan... BUT srs'ly... beating Bader doesnt equate to a title shot IMO.

He won 1 freaking fight.

Let him have another fight first & IF he wins that, then maybe give him a shot... BUT winning a single fight against a guy like Bader is BS.

Plus the UFC havent factored in IF Hendo v Jones is a close fight & a rematch could take place...

(unlikely as it sounds, BUT anything could happen)

I would like to see Machida v Rua 3, with the winner then in title frame.

Say give Gus the winner of Hendo v Jones IF the result of that fight is clear cut & not controversial.

I would rather watch M.A.S.H reruns thank you.

These guys are so bottom of the barrel ' date='Jones should just fight the top 5 contenders on every main card fight.Jones would go 5-0 on the night,get every fight bonus and make 5x as much money.

If he is still bored has too much energy left to burn he can do a Piper's Pit end show.[/quote']

0/10 ^

Time for your mommy to tuck you into bed to watch your M.A.S.H re-runs.

well **** they both put on good performances. they both fought weaker opponents that were already expected to lose. they both finished the fight by knockout. the only difference between the two - Shogun has already knocked machida right the **** out cleanly and decisively, as well as beaten him in the first fight in the eyes of the majority, yet Machida gets the shot.

and why? they are gift wrapping this guy title shots. he loses twice (arguably three) times in a row, then knocks out an old guy who was ready to retire, and gets another title shot. he loses another fight, knocks out some other dude who he was already expected to finish, and gets spoonfed another chance at the title.

something is wrong here. I dont think he should get another shot so quick after rebounding from a loss. at least redeem yourself and prove you can at least beat guys like shogun decisively. If Ed Soares was the manager of JBJ instead of Lyoto, and they proposed for a JBJ/Machida rematch right now, you could damn well bet that soares and company would say oh hell no to that.

im in no hurry to see how this all plays out but IMO Shogun vs Vera was more impressive and more of a fight. If Machida wants to prove he is ready for a title shot against an all out beast like JBJ, then surely he could beat a guy like Shogun convincingly.. He should go and do that first. Not just keep rebounding from losses and then getting beat again.

just make them fight again! jon jones is an active fighter. i know he needs the money for a new bentley and all but surely he can wait a few months for this all to be settled. we know hes probably gonna roll right through hendo anyways, and then go on to smash either one of them. machida needs another tuneup fight for this. if he runs right into this rematch with JBJ he has pretty much sealed his fate in my eyes and will probably never get another shot. well until he comes back and wins another fight anyways. you never know anything can happen and id like to see the rubbermatch with shogun. let him redeem himself first because in my eyes they are both on equal footing right now and its gotta be settled

my opinion is for some reason the ufc seems to favor machida, probably because of his draw in brazil and he has many fans across america as well and hes a good fighter, but they keep gift wrapping him title shots right after coming back from losses over and over again too early. thats what it seems like to me anyways

Archived