What's next for Shogun?

EccentricMeat

In his fight tonight against Vera, Shogun proved that he is no longer a serious championship contender, but is still a very dangerous and exciting fighter.

So with his exciting (albeit fairly unimpressive) victory, who do you think he should fight next?

Gustaffson?

Thiago Silva?

Chael Sonnen?

What are your thoughts?

In his fight tonight against Vera' date=' Shogun proved that he is no longer a serious championship contender, but is still a very dangerous and exciting fighter.

So with his exciting (albeit fairly unimpressive) victory, who do you think he should fight next?

Gustaffson?

Thiago Silva?

Chael Sonnen?

What are your thoughts?[/quote']

How about Rashad? They were supposed to fight at one point anyway.

Hopefully some sort of cardio

LOL too true...

How about Rashad? They were supposed to fight at one point anyway.

I would love to see this fight (one of my most anticipated fights in the last 2 years)' date=' but I think Rashad is serious about moving down to MW.

Winner of Glover & Rampage to silence haters,I hate to say it he's lossing his body to it,then retirement ..

I really like the sound of this, and I was going to say that myself, however I would prefer if Shogun could fight much sooner. Isn't the Glover fight in October or something?

lol they are asking shogun about his fatigue in the post fight presser and Vera jumps in and starts barking at the reporter "man you act like I wasn't pushing the pace, you act like he just came in here out of shape, get off it man".

He was out of shape, he's looked horrible gas wise since they were blaming his knee surgery. I love Vera and the heart he showed tonight, but he didn't fight a top 5 fighter tonight. Shogun, you are amazing, and maybe you are just getting older and your body isn't as responsive as your pride days, but anyone pretending you have gas. I don't know.

I hope they give Vera some more fights, but he reminds me a lot of Tito. He shouldn't talk at times.

They were both gassed after 3 minutes into the 1st round. Shogun was fanning swings 4 minutes in and breathing out of his mouth.

They both did eat some good shots, partially cause neither could move away from them and they couldn't knock the other one out with them cause they were too tired to hit at full force. lol It was like watching the old timers game or something. :P

lol they are asking shogun about his fatigue in the post fight presser and Vera jumps in and starts barking at the reporter "man you act like I wasn't pushing the pace' date=' you act like he just came in here out of shape, get off it man".

He was out of shape, he's looked horrible gas wise since they were blaming his knee surgery. I love Vera and the heart he showed tonight, but he didn't fight a top 5 fighter tonight. Shogun, you are amazing, and maybe you are just getting older and your body isn't as responsive as your pride days, but anyone pretending you have gas. I don't know.

I hope they give Vera some more fights, but he reminds me a lot of Tito. He shouldn't talk at times.[/quote']

He acted like a complete fool, like he was the reason Shogun was gassed...

We've never seen Shogun with gas troubles before:rolleyes:

They were both gassed after 3 minutes into the 1st round. Shogun was fanning swings 4 minutes in and breathing out of his mouth.

They both did eat some good shots' date=' partially cause neither could move away from them and they couldn't knock the other one out with them cause they were too tired to hit at full force. lol It was like watching the old timers game or something. :P[/quote']

Harsh but true... sadly.

Ultimate Fighter Brazil with Machida hopefully if he accepts (Zuffa would be crazy not too ask), although Machida just moved to the States so it may be too soon for him. Otherwise Rashad (even though I'm hoping he seriously considers 185). I'm not too excited about Bonnar as others have suggested, but why not.

Ultimate Fighter Brazil with Machida hopefully if he accepts (Zuffa would be crazy not too ask)' date=' although Machida just moved to the States so it may be too soon for him. Otherwise Rashad (even though I'm hoping he seriously considers 185). I'm not too excited about Bonnar as others have suggested, but why not.[/quote']

Na, Machida is winning that strap. Would like to see JDS vs. Werdum for TUF Brazil.

Na' date=' Machida is winning that strap. Would like to see JDS vs. Werdum for TUF Brazil.[/quote']

Looking at the forum posts I would like to see Rampage/Shogun 2 more than Machida/Shogun 3. I had no favorites going into the Rampage/Glover fight, but I almost want Rampage to win now. I believe Shogun could get really motivated for a fight with Rampage.

Looking at the forum posts I would like to see Rampage/Shogun 2 more than Machida/Shogun 3. I had no favorites going into the Rampage/Glover fight' date=' but I almost want Rampage to win now. I believe Shogun could get really motivated for a fight with Rampage.[/quote']

Yes, I want that fight as well. I think Glover submits him though. I am pulling for a vintage Rampage Ko though.

Wow' date=' that all sounds just about perfect.

Great post.[/quote']

It would make sense. have Shogun be the FOX guy two fights in a row after his KO victory over Vera. Most casual fans know Bonnar's style. Lil Nog and Gustafsson are two great boxers and would be a great fight. Also if Lil Nog and Rua win, it sets up one of the greatest rematches of all time. This would make sense just so long as the champion doesnt defend in december when they would most likely fight next.

Then why did he knock Vera out? Shogun and Hendo also knocked each other down

Because Vera was readjusting his mouth piece and Shogun went in for a cheap shot. I mean yeah, he got the win but when Vera was attentive he was all over Shogun. Shogun would just throw and clinch.

Shogun was trying to wrestle Hendo a lot. He attempted something like 10 takedowns, that's a ton for someone who is considered a striker.

Because Vera was readjusting his mouth piece and Shogun went in for a cheap shot. I mean yeah' date=' he got the win but when Vera was attentive he was all over Shogun. Shogun would just throw and clinch.

Shogun was trying to wrestle Hendo a lot. He attempted something like 10 takedowns, that's a ton for someone who is considered a striker.[/quote']

But Hendo is on TRT so Shogun had to even the field with some wrasslin

Archived