I see a pattern with Shogun

So_Amazing

Let me start off by saying that Shogun is my favorite fighter. That being said, it seems that he picks and chooses who he wants to train for. Against Mark Coleman. He was really no threat to Shogun, and we saw how Shogun would train for someone like this. His next fight was against Chuck Liddell. This is obviously the type of fighter you take seriously. Shogun looks outstanding in this fight. His next fight was against Machida. I think Machida brought out the best Shogun both times. Shogun looked stellar in both fights with the first fight going all 5 rounds with no signs of gassing. After Machida, he fought Jones. Shogun looked slow to me in this fight, but as he stated he thought Jones was just a "young punk."

Forrest is up next, we really don't know the shape of Shogun because it was a really quick finish.

The Hendo fight came after and this was just a grueling fight for both fighters, they both deserved to be as tired as they were.

And now the Vera fight, Shogun said he'd take him seriously but I doubt it.

I don't believe Shogun is done, I think he just picks who he wants to show up for. He is super talented and I think he has a little "BJ Penn" in him.

lol. Vera pushed the pace on him i think its sort of true what the media is saying about Vera bringing a great performance. Shogun is just on his way out though, some people hit their prime early and then slow down, Shogun was lucky he beat Machida in the rematch with that punch otherwise he was on his way to a loss there.

lol. Vera pushed the pace on him i think its sort of true what the media is saying about Vera bringing a great performance. Shogun is just on his way out though' date=' some people hit their prime early and then slow down, Shogun was lucky he beat Machida in the rematch with that punch otherwise he was on his way to a loss there.[/quote']

There is no luck in fighting haha, he aimed for the shot and got it. I guess im being biased because I am a shogun fan, but if there was to be a decline. It would have been after the Machida bouts, that is when he had the surgery again, he hasn't looked the same since. I don't wanna say hes on his way out, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

lol. Vera pushed the pace on him i think its sort of true what the media is saying about Vera bringing a great performance. Shogun is just on his way out though' date=' some people hit their prime early and then slow down, Shogun was lucky he beat Machida in the rematch with that punch otherwise he was on his way to a loss there.[/quote']

I also agree with you, Vera did push the pace, but Shogun was slow in the second round.

Shogun held his own in the first fight and arguably beat him so i don't know about that.

I think Machida is the better fighter but in both fights he didn't really perform well.

Shogun held his own in the first fight and arguably beat him so i don't know about that.

I think Machida is the better fighter but in both fights he didn't really perform well.

Machida I feel is a more effective fighter than Shogun, but styles make fights and Shogun will always have Machidas number

i think its as someone said earlier ,shogun picks n chooses who he comes in shape for and takes seriously,i agree he does have some penn in him hahaha,they both got there bjj black belts super quick too haha,anyways shogun needs to move his training camps more often instead of just staying at Universidade da Luta and close to home !i like when he trains at kings mma ,he should train with wandy more,they should just get the original chute boxe line up back

Archived