Machida's Record After Winning the Title

Galvanik

Let me pretext this by saying that I love Machida and his style (I bet that Bader would win, but that doesn't mean I don't think Machida's a boss). However, lets look at his stats:

-Knocks out Rashad Evans to win the title

-Wins a controversial decision over Shogun Rua, rematch is declared

-Gets knocked out by Shogun, losing his title after one defense

-Loses a controversial decision to Rampage Jackson

-Knocks out Randy Couture in Randy's retirement fight, gets a title shot

-Gets choked out by current champ Jon Jones, who retains the title

-Knocks out Ryan Bader, gets another title shot

Machida is the first case of a guy earning a title shot not once, but twice after winning only one fight prior to his last loss. Is this bias on the part of the UFC, or just the reality of a division that is incredibly shallow right now? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

P.S. Just got back from vacation, so good to be back:cool:.

Heard of Randy Couture?

lol arent u the idiot who kept saying Ryan Bader by overhand right lmao noob.

Also Machida got the title shot because Jones is the only guy who has a chance of beating him atm.

Also Cain gets ktfo by JDS, fights Big Foot, then gets title shot.

Heard of Randy Couture?

^This haha

You got to remember though that Evans was next in line for the title shot but got injured so Machida stepped in as a replacement, otherwise Lyoto would have had at least one more fight after Randy before getting the title shot

lol arent u the idiot who kept saying Ryan Bader by overhand right lmao noob.

Also Machida got the title shot because Jones is the only guy who has a chance of beating him atm.

Also Cain gets ktfo by JDS' date=' fights Big Foot, then gets title shot.[/quote']

Stop trying to gloat. Machida came in too light because he just got done cycling off the steroids at the weigh in and he consumed his steroid full piss right before he weigh'd in and that was what he dranked and he magically got 100x stronger and turned into super saiyan 4 goku and caught Bader with a lucky punch. If only Bader knew that Machida was using TRT and steroids, he would've won.

He's the king of getting title shots. Blee dat.

This is true, but he's retired now and also many of his early fights had wierd mitigating circumstances (such as how he first won the title, then paper issues forced him to leave, then he got it back in 2 fights).

Also Cain gets ktfo by JDS' date=' fights Big Foot, then gets title shot.[/quote']

Yeah, I didn't like that too much either, but Machida's the only case (at least in modern UFC that I can recall) where this has happened twice in a row.

Goes to show how shallow the division is.

Shobum was gonna get a title shot by beating Vera! Says it all really.

Machida has the best chance to win outta the 4.

Could you imagine if Vera won and got the shot? That would've been hilariously absurd:p.

Come on guys we are hard core fans, use your noggin. MACHIDA ONLY GOT THE SHOT B/C OF THE WHOLE JONES NEEDED HAND SURGERY BUT DIDNT AND BY THAT POINT RASHAD HAD ALREDY TAKEN A FIGHT. He was at the right time at the right place, it happens all the time in mma. Same with Silva vs Maia, Maia only got the shot b/c Belfort was injured it was originally supposed to be Belfort.

Machida is the most interesting match up for Jones in my opinion. I truly believe Lyoto has what it takes to win' date=' and that he will win![/quote']

I don't think he has what it takes to beat Jones it's not that big winning 1 round especially when it's the first round. Jones will beat him again and his ego will explode. LHW have a good few other fighters who deserve the title shot and it doesn't matter how people think they will do against Jones it should be about earning that title shot through fighting other fighters and getting lots of wins.

Let me pretext this by saying that I love Machida and his style (I bet that Bader would win' date=' but that doesn't mean I don't think Machida's a boss). However, lets look at his stats:

-Knocks out Rashad Evans to win the title

-Wins a controversial decision over Shogun Rua, rematch is declared

-Gets knocked out by Shogun, losing his title after one defense

-Loses a controversial decision to Rampage Jackson

-Knocks out Randy Couture in Randy's retirement fight, gets a title shot

-Gets choked out by current champ Jon Jones, who retains the title

-Knocks out Ryan Bader, gets [i']another[/i] title shot

Machida is the first case of a guy earning a title shot not once, but twice after winning only one fight prior to his last loss. Is this bias on the part of the UFC, or just the reality of a division that is incredibly shallow right now? I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

P.S. Just got back from vacation, so good to be back:cool:.

I don't think there's any bias...the UFC wasn't even offering Machida a rematch, they were originally offering it to shogun or VERA lol

But I think it's important when people give stats to realize there is a larger window than just the last 7 fights...remember machida was 15-0 untouchable and undefeated before the title! That amazing record holds some weight on why he deserves a title shot again

Stop trying to gloat. Machida came in too light because he just got done cycling off the steroids at the weigh in and he consumed his steroid full piss right before he weigh'd in and that was what he dranked and he magically got 100x stronger and turned into super saiyan 4 goku and caught Bader with a lucky punch. If only Bader knew that Machida was using TRT and steroids' date=' he would've won.[/quote']

hilarious troll post. good job

why?

#1 - LHW isn't as deep as you think.

#2 - Glover and Gustafsson are unfortunately being overlooked.

#3 - JBJ has already beat everyone worthy of a shot minus the fighters named in #2.

Machida has a good chance, but Hendo could pull off a huge upset as well. JBJ has so much on his side like size/reach, youth, and altheticism, but I really hope he loses soon so his train can pump its brakes.

Archived