who wasn't routing for vera?

keanureeves

First off, what a great main card. Second, I was never a fan of Vera, but it seems like he's matured a lot as a fighter and a person. I never wanted a guy to win more while watching the fight to be honest. Hope he Stays humble and fights like that every time. Vera's gained a fan in me. Bader sucks

I wasn't. I have never really liked Vera and I think I am missing the gene that makes me root for underdogs in general. Vera did this to himself. Its not like other guys where they have had massive injury setbacks or just got old. I would rather root for guys that train hard consistently and dont have mental problems.

I'm not really sure how to route for someone. Is that like giving someone directions?

However, 1/2 way through the fight, I did find myself rooting for Vera, mainly for one reason - if he reaches his full potential and becomes the top 205 contender, he's the one guy who has the length and reach to combat JBJ's size.

It was a back and forth fight between Shogun's fists and Vera's face. I could not believe the shots Vera took without going out.

That said I was all for Shogun 100% of the fight. My girl and I were all nervous and crazy when Vera had that guillotine. Then we just couldn't believe Vera was still standing.

Archived