So just how good is Bader?

BrocksBigBro

I must start by saying I've always kinda disliked Bader's style. I've sometimes felt he's a bit of a chump, without enough real ability to win a title. Then again, he's won fights I thought he'd lose. In all honesty, I'm unsure whether the guy's a can who got lucky, a gatekeeper or someone who can still beat top 5 lhws.

OK, so he was ragdolled and destroyed by Jones, but that's happened to everybody else. More worryingly, he was stopped decisively by Tito. It was an early stoppage though and he may just have got tagged before he was up to speed. Machida's stoppage is the sort of thing the guy's done to other great fighters too. Other than these, Bader's beaten everybody else inc Little Nog and Rampage.

On the other hand, Rampage just looked like he didn't want to fight that night and Little Nog has also struggled against other wrestlers. Everybody now seems to KO Jardine, so has Bader really beaten anybody likely to win a title?

It will be interesting to see where Bader goes from here. I wonder if he'll try life outside UFC for a while. It's hard to see him ever making a challenge for a title, but who knows? He may well be able to beat some of the "nearly men" and the lack of depth may mean a few wins get him a shot. After Vera almost getting a shot, anything can happen. Interested to hear what others think.

I must start by saying I've always kinda disliked Bader's style. I've sometimes felt he's a bit of a chump' date=' without enough real ability to win a title. Then again, he's won fights I thought he'd lose. In all honesty, I'm unsure whether the guy's a can who got lucky, a gatekeeper or someone who can still beat top 5 lhws.

OK, so he was ragdolled and destroyed by Jones, but that's happened to everybody else. More worryingly, [b']he was stopped decisively by Tito. It was an early stoppage though[/b] and he may just have got tagged before he was up to speed. Machida's stoppage is the sort of thing the guy's done to other great fighters too. Other than these, Bader's beaten everybody else inc Little Nog and Rampage.

On the other hand, Rampage just looked like he didn't want to fight that night and Little Nog has also struggled against other wrestlers. Everybody now seems to KO Jardine, so has Bader really beaten anybody likely to win a title?

It will be interesting to see where Bader goes from here. I wonder if he'll try life outside UFC for a while. It's hard to see him ever making a challenge for a title, but who knows? He may well be able to beat some of the "nearly men" and the lack of depth may mean a few wins get him a shot. After Vera almost getting a shot, anything can happen. Interested to hear what others think.

i like bader i dont think he'll be champ soon but its possible. just not now

for the bolded part, how can it be too early if he tapped ?

It seems like he will have a hard time getting his hands on guys with movement. Hes kind of a plodding striker that doesn't move very well. It'll be hard for him to beat anyone really good, but he can probably beat guys who try to engage. He just doesn't have the ability to close distance and catch guys on his own.

I think Bader is very good, no doubt. Not everyone can march into the same octagon with Rampage Jackson and put the hurting on him like he did. People forget he's still a new-ish fighter, but he's probably the quickest success story for a TUF contestant in a long time. He came off, won several fights, got beat by Jones of course, got fluked by Tito, but turned around and threw Rampage around like it was nothing.

He's not in an easy part of the division, and Lyoto looked very very sharp. Very sharp.

Archived