Shogun vs Gustafson is the only logical step now !

MIRKO_CRO_GOD

I would like to see that, would also still like to see Shogun fight Rashad although I see Rashad destroying him at the moment!

My dream though would be for Rampage to KO Teixiera in October and then sign on to fight Shogun in early 2013 :eek: :cool:

I think If Hendo upsets Jones, Rampage might be more inclined to consider staying with UFC if he beats Teixiera....

I was just getting on to post this thread. Yes, I agree, this should be the next fight on their agenda. When Machida won, I figured we should see Machida vs. Gustafsson, but after the bad performance from Shogun, I knew Dana wouldn't give the title shot to him after Machida was as sharp and dangerous as ever against a better opponent.

Machida might be too much for Gustaf right now, but Shogun vs. Gustafsson would be a good fight to watch.

i think Shogun would beat Gustaffsson' date=' even Silva landed some shots. If Shogun lands something it'll KO Gus on the spot.[/quote']

Not the Shogun from last night that's for sure.

Shogun's done he doesn't even believe in himself anymore, declining fights with other fighters, picking the name not the challenge, he wasn't even trying to get a shot at the belt according to Dana, Lyoto really wanted it but Shogun was more than content with just beating Vera (I agree with this beacuse everybody is going to lose to JBJ in that division but it still shows where Shogun's heart truly is).

Not the Shogun from last night that's for sure.

Shogun's done he doesn't even believe in himself anymore' date=' declining fights with other fighters, picking the name not the challenge, he wasn't even trying to get a shot at the belt according to Dana, Lyoto really wanted it but Shogun was more than content with just beating Vera (I agree with this beacuse everybody is going to lose to JBJ in that division but it still shows where Shogun's heart truly is).[/quote']

Shogun landed some solid strikes that would hurt Gus for sure in his last 2 fights. And i don't think Gus can KO Shogun. Everyone just thinks Vera is a can, which he isn't

I love how people love to talk **** about the most exciting fighters and legends of the sport. Shogun just fought his heart out, had 2 of the most memorable wars ever back to back, and yet still gets **** on by MMA newbs. Dude is a warrior who comes to scrap every time.

p4p post :cool:

Props to Vera too man, he brought it and scrapped with one of the best scrappers to ever do it. He fought his ****ing heart out I got nothing but respect for him right now. Hopefully he still gets good opponents and that fight motivates him to train harder than ever. I think he can still be top 10. He just went toe to ****ing toe with Shogun Rua, something Jon Jones couldn't do.

Props to Vera too man' date=' he brought it and scrapped with one of the best scrappers to ever do it. He fought his ****ing heart out I got nothing but respect for him right now. Hopefully he still gets good opponents and that fight motivates him to train harder than ever. I think he can still be top 10. He just went toe to ****ing toe with Shogun Rua, something Jon Jones couldn't do.[/quote']

Vera showed a great chin too, I couldn't believe he took some of the shots he did. Also nailed Shogun with 2 brutal leg kicks and a couple of punches that had me worried.

I hope neither of them fight a boring wrestler next :D

Jones wrecked Shogun though

James Te Huna vs Shogun Rua' date=' in all seriousness is what I want. Te Huna is 4-1 and Shogun showed he's far from ready to be a contender in this division. I think Te Huna has earned it and it'd be an awesome fight. Gustafsson apparently already has a fight and opponent lined up.[/quote']

I personally wanted to see Jimmo fight Tehuna but that's nice as well.

I think Shogun asked for this fight with Vera specifically because of his similar height and reach of JBJ and now he will likely fight Gustafson who is very similar in size and reach as well. He's being smart. If he gets past Gustafson (which I doubt) he will be better prepared to deal with JBJ size.

Vera showed a great chin too' date=' I couldn't believe he took some of the shots he did. Also nailed Shogun with 2 brutal leg kicks and a couple of punches that had me worried.

Jones wrecked Shogun though[/quote']

I would like to see Shogun expose Gus in a #1 contenders fight and Rashad fight Weidman at MW. Jones hardly scrapped with Shogun, alot of his gameplan was wearing Shogun down on the ground and then he finished a winded Shogun on the feet with a body shot. Vera brought it to him and tried to constantly take him out.

Vera showed a great chin too' date=' I couldn't believe he took some of the shots he did. Also nailed Shogun with 2 brutal leg kicks and a couple of punches that had me worried.

Jones wrecked Shogun though[/quote']

Glover is a far superior fighter and athlete to Vera, I'm relatively confident in that. Most thought Vera lost to Elliot Marshall, Vera is literally the worst Light Heavyweight on the roster what's his record 12-6-1? Wooh champion! Shogun's performance was just so bad, it made Vera's look good. I'm still confident if it was Vera vs Te Huna, Vera would of been knocked out. If it was Vera vs Thiago Silva he would of got his *** caved in again. If it was Vera vs Phil Davis, Vera would of been grappled and probably submitted in the later rounds.

Shogun....is a PRIDE legend, in the UFC he's been pretty awful and if he cut to 185 he'd be worse, because that division has way too much skill compared to 205.

I don't see how this is a memorable " war " either, the fight was horrible, I mean.....Really people like those sluggish, untalented, no skill, slow, type fights like that, THIS MUCH?

Glover is a far superior fighter and athlete to Vera' date=' I'm relatively confident in that. Most thought Vera lost to Elliot Marshall, Vera is literally the worst Light Heavyweight on the roster what's his record 12-6-1? Wooh champion! Shogun's performance was just so bad, it made Vera's look good. I'm still confident if it was Vera vs Te Huna, Vera would of been knocked out. If it was Vera vs Thiago Silva he would of got his *** caved in again. If it was Vera vs Phil Davis, Vera would of been grappled and probably submitted in the later rounds.

Shogun....is a PRIDE legend, in the UFC he's been[b'] pretty awful[/b] and if he cut to 185 he'd be worse, because that division has way too much skill compared to 205.

I don't see how this is a memorable " war " either, the fight was horrible, I mean.....Really people like those sluggish, untalented, no skill, slow, type fights like that, THIS MUCH?

Pretty awful but still knocked out Lyoto for the belt.

And I thought Shogun looked terribad but if I state what he could've done better people will say "Oh, not this again... excuses, etc."

James Te Huna vs Shogun Rua' date=' in all seriousness is what I want. Te Huna is 4-1 and Shogun showed he's far from ready to be a contender in this division. I think Te Huna has earned it and it'd be an awesome fight. Gustafsson apparently already has a fight and opponent lined up.[/quote']

Te Huna broke his hand, doubt we will see him again this year

Archived