Vera is 1-4 In his last 5

ShadowOverYou

His lone win coming in a CLOSE decision vs Elliot Marshall....

Let's get real... Shogun had a bad fight and still ended up KO'n Vera. Say what you want about stat lines or how good he looked last fight...

Long story short he has 1 win in his last 5, against a sub par opponent.

Besides his leg kick tko, he hasn't finished someone since 2006....

He turns 35 this year, and I didn't see anything impressive from him . "Last 4 rounds with a guy like Shogun" .... isn't something that should be said to build this guy up....

Vera should be cut...

I'd say 1 more fight on an undercard to see if he gets cut or stays..

Iunno, I think he still should have been cut after Thiago Silva destroyed him. Dana gave him another shot, and he looked like **** vs Marshall.... For whatever reason dana also gave him ANOTHER huge opportunity... which he couldnt capitalize on, on a night when Shogun could have been defeated.

Iunno' date=' I think he still should have been cut after Thiago Silva destroyed him. Dana gave him another shot, and he looked like **** vs Marshall.... For whatever reason dana also gave him ANOTHER huge opportunity... which he couldnt capitalize on, on a night when Shogun could have been defeated.[/quote']

Der der he was cut after Silva beat him. Then was reinstated because Silva was on that juice.

Der der he was cut after Silva beat him. Then was reinstated because Silva was on that juice.

Shouldn't have been re-instated imo. And he looked piss poor vs Marshall ( is he even in the ufc still? ) and then just got KO'd in the biggest opportunity in his life... when Media is saying Shogun had a bad fight...

12ers gonna 12

His lone win coming in a CLOSE decision vs Elliot Marshall....

Let's get real... Shogun had a bad fight and still ended up KO'n Vera. Say what you want about stat lines or how good he looked last fight...

Long story short he has 1 win in his last 5' date=' against a sub par opponent.

Besides his leg kick tko, he hasn't finished someone since 2006....

He turns 35 this year, and I didn't see anything impressive from him . "Last 4 rounds with a guy like Shogun" .... isn't something that should be said to build this guy up....

Vera should be cut...[/quote']

Yeah but you're still full of shart. Vera's a warrior and he accomplished a lot, still confusing why they made him in main event after his last bout was undercard, they of course thought they'd have a shogun fooey showcase and dismantlement on FOX but they were wrong.. Vera will probably be more popular once again after his war with shogun.. and yes, it was a war, shogun was an idiot for "blowing his wad" with wrestling, wtf? he's clearly stronger, but something made him think he'd get an even easier finish from gNp, and probably didn't wanna risk a Vera going for a glory head-kick. Go fruck yourself.

Iunno' date=' I think he still should have been cut after Thiago Silva destroyed him. Dana gave him another shot, and he looked like **** vs Marshall.... For whatever reason dana also gave him ANOTHER huge opportunity... which he couldnt capitalize on, on a night when Shogun could have been defeated.[/quote']

Yeah well he was cut... But Thiago Silva was positive for steroids so they signed Vera back... They were, and stil should have a rematch.

Yeah well he was cut... But Thiago Silva was positive for steroids so they signed Vera back... They were' date=' and stil should have a rematch.[/quote']

He didn't test positive for steroids he submitted a sample that wasn't consistent with being human he used a solvant for that also he admitted to pain killers and meds for his back not steroids I believe

Vera looked great' date=' quit hating. He has a chance against anyone ift stays standing. He needs to work on his wrestling and ground game though.

Id like to see him against Forrest, Bonnar or unroided Thiago Silva[/quote']

He needs to work on his wrestling.... so make him fight a wrestler not Retired Forrest, or old as *** Bonnar. Thiago would smash him.....

Seriously' date=' u can say what u want but Vera was the one who looked the more impressive last night![/quote']

Ya but he lost.... at the end of the day, after the smoke clears, he got KNOCKED OUT... he didnt lose by decision or split decision, he got KNOCKED OUT

If he woulda been destroyed I'd agree' date='but there at the end of the round he was really trying to finish Shogun,so I say one more time to see where he stands IMO..[/quote']

How many "last" chances can you give someone? 1 final fight I guess.... vs a wrestler like bader, dont give him some can on the feet to keep him around cuz he is a ' OMG WARRIOR WITH SO MUCH HEART.... and a 1-4 Record "

Yeah well he was cut... But Thiago Silva was positive for steroids so they signed Vera back... They were' date=' and stil should have a rematch.[/quote']

I didn't think it was HGH, i think it was Pain meds, or a back relaxant due to his injury, so he submitted dog piss,

Archived