I didn't give it much thought til this morning but,

UFCITOLDUSO

Shogun and Machida should have been facing opposite opponents.

Vera is much more technical, and well rounded than Bader and wouldn't just charge right in on the Dragon, making for at least an interesting fight. Another good ol' Karate vs. Muy Thai, if you will.

While the Shogun/ Vera was a great fight, I would have liked to see if Shogun's skills are still sharp when facing a strong wrestler. Back in the day, it would be a given. But nowadays, he's not looking like Mr. Invincible so much.

Winners and losers of the losers:

Winner: Vera hung tough for almost 4 rounds, had Shogun in danger on occaision. I say in losing his stock still goes up.

Loser: Machida made Bader look bad. Very bad. But blame it on the UFC for creating such a mismatch.

Shogun and Machida should have been facing opposite opponents.

Vera is much more technical' date=' and well rounded than Bader and wouldn't just charge right in on the Dragon, making for at least an interesting fight. Another good ol' Karate vs. Muy Thai, if you will.

While the Shogun/ Vera was a great fight, I would have liked to see if Shogun's skills are still sharp when facing a strong wrestler. Back in the day, it would be a given. But nowadays, he's not looking like Mr. Invincible so much.

Winners and losers of the losers:

Winner: Vera hung tough for almost 4 rounds, had Shogun in danger on occaision. [b']I say in losing his stock still goes up[/b].

Loser: Machida made Bader look bad. Very bad. But blame it on the UFC for creating such a mismatch.

I agree with this.

Archived