Vera looked the more impressive last night!

jpc_ultimate

Seriously guys, we all knew that Machida was going to knock Bader out, he was the perfect style for him...

I realy think Vera looked the more impressive last night, that guillotine choke was rely tight and if his cardio was there he would have finish shogun. There is not a lot of guys who took that mush punishment fron Shogun and hang out that long with him!

Seriously guys' date=' we all knew that Machida was going to knock Bader out, he was the perfect style for him...

I realy think Vera looked the more impressive last night, that guillotine choke was rely tight and if his cardio was there he would have finish shogun. There is not a lot of guys who took that mush punishment fron Shogun and hang out that long with him![/quote']

Vera should work on his TDD,he was just too easy to take down,no sprawl nothing last night..

Here is how i sum up Vera's performance....Great looking offense, absolutly ZERO defense. I admit, Veras stand up looked good, nice combos, loved the short elbows he was throwing, and his kicks looked great as usual. But as good as his offense looked, his defense was equally as bad or worse. No head movement, not the greatest foot work, very poor take down defense, and very little off his back when he was down. Shogun was able to hit him anytime he wanted, and take him down whenever he wanted pretty much. Had shogun been in shape, and was able to keep landing those shots at will, Vera wouldnt even of had a chance to showcase his offensive game. Vera has the skills offensively to be a top contender, always has. But, until he brings his defensive game up to that level he will never beat a top guy.

I want to acknowledge that Vera fought his heart out. How bad his cardio was is hard to tell since the symptoms for that are the same for being beat up. Vera has a tremendous amount of potential and all the tools necessary to win. However, his mental toughness is very low. Watching the pre-fight interview you can tell he didn't believe he could win. I believe you have to be 100% convinced you can take your opponent in every fight. He was talking very timidly. He needs to train mentally for the next year and get better training partners.

Seriously guys' date=' we all knew that Machida was going to knock Bader out, he was the perfect style for him...

I realy think Vera looked the more impressive last night, that guillotine choke was rely tight and if his cardio was there he would have finish shogun. There is not a lot of guys who took that mush punishment fron Shogun and hang out that long with him![/quote']

he could have finished it? you dont know that whatsoever. ive had people choke me and people though it was over and the only thing i was thinking is"this guy is choking my chin not neck" im perfectly fine.

Archived