Wth Was Baddars Strategy Going Into This Fight.

Arenalol

its kinda funny i mean machida is my favorite fighter and its kinda confusing to see people dont have the slightest clue what to do against him after x amount of months training to fight him. i mean seriously that was the best baddar could come up with after all that training? what was his game plan going in to this fight lol?

bader just didnt have the tools to beat machida, i dont think there was a possible winning strategy anyone could come up with for him other than fainting and trying to land a knockout punch. He has little to no leg kicks, machida is very hard to take down and machida keeps his distance and is an excellent counter striker. But if he waits to long to throw machida has the speed to land on bader. So bader has to get off first and he has to close the distance and the result is what we seen last night.

If bader had better technique, better footwork or years and years of kickboxing behind him then a winning strategy mgiht of been possible.

bader just didnt have the tools to beat machida' date=' i dont think there was a possible winning strategy anyone could come up with for him other than fainting and trying to land a knockout punch. He has little to no leg kicks, machida is very hard to take down and machida keeps his distance and is an excellent counter striker. But if he waits to long to throw machida has the speed to land on bader. So bader has to get off first and he has to close the distance and the result is what we seen last night.

If bader had better technique, better footwork or years and years of kickboxing behind him then a winning strategy mgiht of been possible.[/quote']

^This

Bader had absolutely no chance in this fight. Machida is the hardest fighter to take down in the LHW division and Bader is waaaay to slow to stand with him. Machida wins this fight 10/10 times.

I agree,i have seen this lack of knowledge in fighters for a long time.

Even if he NEVER watched one fight of Machida's,maybe he was living under a rock,he himself ONLY has one average skill>>>wrestling.So he doesn't even need to think period.

He needs to go back and lift some more weights i think,this has been the trend of UFC fighters,get bigger not better.

Rashad did the exact same thing,he didn't wrestle.

This is why trying to make predictions on fights is dumb,we have no idea at all what is going through these fighters heads,or in case of Bader,NOT going through his head.

First time Hendo fought Silva.If Hendo had any brains he would have known Silva cannot handle wrestling,but Hendo thought he would be a wanna be boxer or whatever you call his new found style or lack of.

its kinda funny i mean machida is my favorite fighter and its kinda confusing to see people dont have the slightest clue what to do against him after x amount of months training to fight him. i mean seriously that was the best baddar could come up with after all that training? what was his game plan going in to this fight lol?

should of rushed at him and NFL tackled him. That would be my strategy for Bader. Pretend there was a quarter back behind Machida he had to get to. He might of still got knocked out coming in, but standing with Machida was never going to be pretty.

Archived