what type of card do you prefer?

GSP_rules1

Seams everybody is happy with last nights card, and they should be, it was great to watch. But my question is...would you rather watch a card where there is a bunch of serious mismatches which is almost guaranteed to end in a knock out, such as last nights. Or would you rather see a card where the match ups make sense and fighters on the same level fight, which often end up being a stale-mate in all categories because both fighters are equally good in all areas. Im kinda split down the middle...I loved last nights card, and love knock-outs. But lets face it, we all knew the two main events were going down like that, it was just a matter of how and when. I love a knock-out, but i also love the suspense of a great match-up not knowing who will be able to conquer the other.

Seams everybody is happy with last nights card' date=' and they should be, it was great to watch. But my question is...would you rather watch a card where there is a bunch of serious mismatches which is almost guaranteed to end in a knock out, such as last nights. Or would you rather see a card where the match ups make sense and fighters on the same level fight, which often end up being a stale-mate in all categories because both fighters are equally good in all areas. Im kinda split down the middle...I loved last nights card, and love knock-outs. But lets face it, we all knew the two main events were going down like that, it was just a matter of how and when. I love a knock-out, but i also love the suspense of a great match-up not knowing who will be able to conquer the other.[/quote']

Fights that are evenly matched can also be wars if the fighters have the heart to match their skill. Hendo- Shogun was evenly matched.

Fights that are evenly matched can also be wars if the fighters have the heart to match their skill. Hendo- Shogun was evenly matched.

Very true, but most of the time evenly matched fights are a stale-mate. Shogun vs hendo was the exception to the rule, and is why it stands out as one of the greatest matches ever!!

Seams everybody is happy with last nights card' date=' and they should be, it was great to watch. But my question is...would you rather watch a card where there is a bunch of serious mismatches which is almost guaranteed to end in a knock out, such as last nights. Or would you rather see a card where the match ups make sense and fighters on the same level fight, which often end up being a stale-mate in all categories because both fighters are equally good in all areas. Im kinda split down the middle...I loved last nights card, and love knock-outs. But lets face it, we all knew the two main events were going down like that, it was just a matter of how and when. I love a knock-out, but i also love the suspense of a great match-up not knowing who will be able to conquer the other.[/quote']

Just because the favorites won doesn't mean it was a mismatch.....

Maincard:

Johnson vs Swick : back and forth rocking each other and swick pulls it out. Very close fight

Lauzon vs Varner : FOTN, back and forth. Very evenly contested

Machida vs Bader : not a mismatch at all....Machida is just the better fighter. It was a perfect matchup for where both of them are in their careers.

Shogun vs Vera : Shogun was getting the better of things but Vera still put up a huge fight.

To me a mismatch is something like Che Mills vs Rory Macdonald or Anderson Silva vs Demian Maia.

Maincard:

Johnson vs Swick : back and forth rocking each other and swick pulls it out. Very close fight

Lauzon vs Varner : FOTN' date=' back and forth. Very evenly contested

Machida vs Bader : not a mismatch at all....Machida is just the better fighter. It was a perfect matchup for where both of them are in their careers.

Shogun vs Vera : Shogun was getting the better of things but Vera still put up a huge fight.

To me a mismatch is something like Che Mills vs Rory Macdonald or Anderson Silva vs Demian Maia.[/quote']

if you thought the two main events werent two huge mismatches and you thought bader had a better than very slim chance than i cannot discuss this with you. Anybody who knows the game, and knows those two guys styles then they knew bader had even less chance the vera....lol. Baders game is tailor made for lyoto's style. Bader vs lyoto is way more of a mismatch then che mills vs rory. How many che fights have you watched by the way?

The fights were mismatches clearly....should have been Shogun vs Lyoto( i know its 3 times but makes more sense, Bader vs Davis, And Vera vs Prado

Just cuz Machida made Bader look like a can' date=' it wasn't a miss match. Bader's beaten Lil Nog and Rampage, 2 of the all time best at LHW...

Machida is back. Shogun vs Vera was an awesome fight, sick finish, pretty even matched.

TS failed.[/quote']

so how much money did you bet on Bader and Vera???? ohhh, none thats right, cause you knew they were both gonna lose. I

Some fights are so important to me because one of my favorites is involved (HendovsJBJ) that I don't even care if the majority of the fights sucked as long as that one fight goes my way. If that card sucks but Hendo wins ill be happy.

Obviously I would rather see a good night of fighting with my guy winning at the end to cap it off, but if someone I really like wins a fight I've been excited to see, it can erase the garbage that came before it.

if you thought the two main events werent two huge mismatches and you thought bader had a better than very slim chance than i cannot discuss this with you. Anybody who knows the game' date=' and knows those two guys styles then they knew bader had even less chance the vera....lol. Baders game is tailor made for lyoto's style. Bader vs lyoto is way more of a mismatch then che mills vs rory. How many che fights have you watched by the way?

The fights were mismatches clearly....should have been Shogun vs Lyoto( i know its 3 times but makes more sense, Bader vs Davis, And Vera vs Prado[/quote']

A mismatch to me is when someone high up the rankings faces someone lower down the rankings.

Shogun vs Vera was definitely a mismatch on paper, but Vera proved that it wasn't.

2 people in the top 10 fighting isn't a mismatch, even if someone does have a high advantage.

Maincard:

Lauzon vs Varner : FOTN' date=' back and forth. Very evenly contested

To me a mismatch is something like Che Mills vs Rory Macdonald or Anderson Silva vs Demian Maia.[/quote']

^^^ this

i prefer fighters who are on winstreaks get the contender match ups. regardless of how they fight or thier public status.

i just want to see fighters that one day want a title shot and are in there to design a journey to get there. Regardless if its holding a dude against the cage (like Rua did) or if its knocking another dude out. I just want to see dudes want to be #1 regardless of how they fight. Because if you have 2 dudes that want to be #1, it will be a good fight. Whoever it is, however they fight.

i prefer fighters who are on winstreaks get the contender match ups. regardless of how they fight or thier public status.

i just want to see fighters that one day want a title shot and are in there to design a journey to get there. Regardless if its holding a dude against the cage (like Rua did) or if its knocking another dude out. I just want to see dudes want to be #1 regardless of how they fight. Because if you have 2 dudes that want to be #1' date=' it will be a good fight. Whoever it is, however they fight.[/quote']

Not even remotely true, half the time when a match is declared a #1 contender bout well in advance both fighters fight not to lose and it makes for a dull match.

if you thought the two main events werent two huge mismatches and you thought bader had a better than very slim chance than i cannot discuss this with you. Anybody who knows the game' date=' and knows those two guys styles then they knew bader had even less chance the vera....lol. Baders game is tailor made for lyoto's style. Bader vs lyoto is way more of a mismatch then che mills vs rory. How many che fights have you watched by the way?

The fights were mismatches clearly....should have been Shogun vs Lyoto( i know its 3 times but makes more sense, Bader vs Davis, And Vera vs Prado[/quote']

see, i don't remember you proclaiming this before the fight

but of course, the people who "know the game" should know that right? :rolleyes:

Not even remotely true' date=' half the time when a match is declared a #1 contender bout well in advance both fighters fight not to lose and it makes for a dull match.[/quote']

i dont watch UFC to see a good fight. I want to see the BEST fighters regardless of how they fight, be champions. Guillard is always exciting and i love watchign him fight, but he doesnt deserve to be a title holder at the moment and rightly so. I dont want to see only exciting guys on a fight card. I want to see dudes that want to be champions. be it wrestling, kickboxers or both. I just want to see the best fighters in the world fight. Be it boring or not boring. I dont care. I dont see the point in having JUST exciting fighters in the UFC. I dont want to see only exciting fighters, i want to see the BEST fighters.

A balance is needed between entertaining fighters and the best fighters. A lot of people will disagree with me but I think GSP is the best welterweight but if the entire division was like him very few people would watch as they don't find him entertaining. You need people like him for the UFC to point too and say we have the best fighters in the world, but you also need people like Chris Lytle who always puts on an entertaining fight. You know he's not going to be a title holder but he goes out there and puts on a hell of a show and gets people tuning in as well.

but then what youd get is the best fighters in the world will no longer compete and you only get exciting fighters, youd only have Melvin Guillards and Donald Cerrones, is that really fair?. Defeats the purpose of having this organisation. This org is suppose to have the BEST fighters as belt holders not the most exciting fighters.

The best fighters arent always the most exciting and i want that. Otherwise i dont see the point in this organisation. This is suppose to be the best fighters not the most exciting. Thats what the undercards and prelims are for. Exciting fights. Thats what Steffan Bonnar got caught up in and thats a real shame because hes a better fighter than that. I dont want to see the best fighters in the world going out there and just trying to put on a show, i want them to be the BEST they can be, theres a big difference.

You need a mix of the best and entertaining or no one will watch. No one wants to watch a card where every fight is like a Kongo fight and if people stop watching their is no money for the sport and it collapses. If all you had was the best people you would have divisions of like 4 people with the belt constantly changing hands and it would be pretty dull. If you are able to watch and enjoy every aspect of it more power to you but the majority of the people arn't like that and want to see exciting fights as well as the best in the business.

but then what youd get is the best fighters in the world will no longer compete and you only get exciting fighters' date=' youd only have Melvin Guillards and Donald Cerrones, is that really fair?. Defeats the purpose of having this organisation. This org is suppose to have the BEST fighters as belt holders not the most exciting fighters.

The best fighters arent always the most exciting and i want that. Otherwise i dont see the point in this organisation. This is suppose to be the best fighters not the most exciting. Thats what the undercards and prelims are for. Exciting fights. Thats what Steffan Bonnar got caught up in and thats a real shame because hes a better fighter than that. I dont want to see the best fighters in the world going out there and just trying to put on a show, i want them to be the BEST they can be, theres a big difference.[/quote']

all i have to say to you is enjoy the fight, not the idea of rankings and top fighters and belts, seems you like love the idea of a system when you should be enjoying the sport more.

i know plenty of people who will only watch the UFC because it's broadcasts are clean and "official" --- give them a video of some amateur MMA in texas and they'll immediately proclaim bum fights

all i have to say to you is enjoy the fight' date=' not the idea of rankings and top fighters and belts, seems you like love the idea of a system when you should be enjoying the sport more.

i know plenty of people who will only watch the UFC because it's broadcasts are clean and "official" --- give them a video of some amateur MMA in texas and they'll immediately proclaim bum fights[/quote']

yes, your right, i DO want to see the best fighters fighting. I want to see the best fighters fighting at thier BEST potential. Not just rushing in there and fighting just to make it exciting for us. Because what you get is great fighters fighting stupid just because they think the audience is going to boo them. I think thats sad. What you get is great fighters fighting dumb to please people. I want to see the best of the best, not the most exciting vs the most excting.

I dont want to see the most skilled fighter in the world rushing in there and just throwing stupid sht to please the audience and then losing because of it. Then we are getting half the fighter he should be and is trained to be. I want to see the best fighters do everything they can to win fights. If theres rules against holding and penalties and fouls for holding against the cage, so be it. If there isnt, so be it.

I dont want GSP to get thrown out of the UFC just because hes not as fun to watch as Donald Cerrone. Screw that, whats the point in this organisation then? I enjoy the fights knowing the BEST are fighting the best for the title, not the most exciting.

That was a snooze fest,there was not one interesting fight in there.

So what if Dana announces the two fights to be meaningful,without that announcement,they were not meaningful.

I code name the 205 division "Pride can division".A pile of average Pride fighters making names off each other.I find little interest in watching a bright new STAR in Jones having to face the same washed up cans over and over and Dana trying to hype it up into something meaningful doesn't work on me.

I have an idea for the WWE style 205 division.Let's just turn it into a circus or comedy of reruns.

Chuck -Tito AGAIN

Rampage-Wandy

Shogun-Hendo

Forrest-Bonnar

Couture-Nog

No Machida he is disgusted by the division so drops down with his buddy Silva.

5 prelims,the winner of each prelim fights Jones on the 5 main event fights.Jones wins all 5 fights,fotn,kotn,sotn.Jesse the body Ventura is the announcer " Well you know McMahon nobody can beat that Jones....well cept maybe me".

that was a snooze fest' date='there was not one interesting fight in there.

So what if dana announces the two fights to be meaningful,without that announcement,they were not meaningful.

I code name the 205 division "pride can division".a pile of average pride fighters making names off each other.i find little interest in watching a bright new star in jones having to face the same washed up cans over and over and dana trying to hype it up into something meaningful doesn't work on me.

I have an idea for the wwe style 205 division.let's just turn it into a circus or comedy of reruns.

Chuck -tito again

rampage-wandy

shogun-hendo

forrest-bonnar

couture-nog

no machida he is disgusted by the division so drops down with his buddy silva.

5 prelims,the winner of each prelim fights jones on the 5 main event fights.jones wins all 5 fights,fotn,kotn,sotn.jesse the body ventura is the announcer " well you know mcmahon nobody can beat that jones....well cept maybe me".[/quote']

+100000

that was a snooze fest' date='there was not one interesting fight in there.

So what if dana announces the two fights to be meaningful,without that announcement,they were not meaningful.

I code name the 205 division "pride can division".a pile of average pride fighters making names off each other.i find little interest in watching a bright new star in jones having to face the same washed up cans over and over and dana trying to hype it up into something meaningful doesn't work on me.

I have an idea for the wwe style 205 division.let's just turn it into a circus or comedy of reruns.

Chuck -tito again

rampage-wandy

shogun-hendo

forrest-bonnar

couture-nog

no machida he is disgusted by the division so drops down with his buddy silva.

5 prelims,the winner of each prelim fights jones on the 5 main event fights.jones wins all 5 fights,fotn,kotn,sotn.jesse the body ventura is the announcer " well you know mcmahon nobody can beat that jones....well cept maybe me".[/quote']

+100000

Archived