Crazy people with guns

UFCCagerattler

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People would still get killed even if there weren't guns. It's just how people are.
Of course' date=' cave men used hands, stones, and clubs. Indians used sharpened stones and bows. Knives are some serial killers weapon of choice but we are talking people killing people with guns here.[/color']

True' date=' but all these massacre's have one thing in common.

A gun.

I'm kinda done with listening to people sayin guns are harmless.[/quote']

Who said that? Just curious, have you ever noticed that anytime you get a couple thousand gun nuts and several thousand guns in the same place at the same time - nobody ever gets shot? Wonder why that is...hmmmmmmm?

No' date=' Drilling a nuke into the earths core so it explodes and sets off Volcanoes all over the world is the easiest way.

Props to whoever can name what movie this world ending idea is from.[/quote']

220px-The_Core_poster.jpg

No' date=' Drilling a nuke into the earths core so it explodes and sets off Volcanoes all over the world is the easiest way.

Props to whoever can name what movie this world ending idea is from.[/quote']

No idea, but in the movie The Core, the core of the earth has stopped spinning and they set of nukes beneath the core to jump start it.

Who said that? Just curious' date=' have you ever noticed that anytime you get a couple thousand gun nuts and several thousand guns in the same place at the same time - nobody ever gets shot? Wonder why that is...hmmmmmmm?

[img']http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f4/The_Core_poster.jpg/220px-The_Core_poster.jpg[/img]

All the guns are unloaded at a gun show.

Who said that? Just curious' date=' have you ever noticed that anytime you get a couple thousand gun nuts and several thousand guns in the same place at the same time - nobody ever gets shot? Wonder why that is...hmmmmmmm?

[/quote']

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_ccf5806e-41df-11e0-a8c6-001cc4c03286.html

Two injured at Bloomington gun show.

Uhhh people kill people. Guns are inanimate objects...

Which are used by people to very easily and from a distance, hurt or kill other people at a rate no other means can.

Let's face it, in a perfect world a gun ban would be the best thing that could happen (as in NOBODY at all would have guns).

Since that ain't going to happen, we just have to make it harder to get not only guns but ammunition, that maniac who shot up the movie theater had thousands of rounds, how does that happen?

These guys wouldn't be so inclined to act like friggin Arnold in Commando if they didn't have these stocks with so much ammo and weapons.

Why would a civilian, need more than a clip on his 9mm to defend himself?

Which are used by people to very easily and from a distance' date=' hurt or kill other people at a rate no other means can.

Let's face it, in a perfect world a gun ban would be the best thing that could happen (as in NOBODY at all would have guns).

Since that ain't going to happen, we just have to make it harder to get not only guns but ammunition, that maniac who shot up the movie theater had thousands of rounds, how does that happen?

These guys wouldn't be so inclined to act like friggin Arnold in Commando if they didn't have these stocks with so much ammo and weapons.

Why would a civilian, need more than a clip on his 9mm to defend himself?[/quote']

Slings and slingshots can kill people from distances. So can bows and arrows. Hell even a potato gun made out of PVC can inflict some serious damage. Let's not stop at guns. Ban everything, that way people who can access weapons don't have to worry about the population disagreeing with whatever twisted fancy they come up with...

Which are used by people to very easily and from a distance' date=' hurt or kill other people at a rate no other means can.

Why would a civilian, need more than a clip on his 9mm to defend himself?[/quote']

I'm anti gun but realistically at this point simply declaring that guns and ammo will become harder to get on an arbitrary date isn't the solution in America. There are is too much guns and ammo out already for that too work, truth be told I don't know what the solution would be. The only thing I can think of is a slow cultural change to slowly start lowering the amount of guns and people's interest in owning rediculous amounts of fire arms and things like assault weapons that should be unobtainable for the average person.

Slings and slingshots can kill people from distances. So can bows and arrows. Hell even a potato gun made out of PVC can inflict some serious damage. Let's not stop at guns. Ban everything' date=' that way people who can access weapons don't have to worry about the population disagreeing with whatever twisted fancy they come up with...[/quote']

Do you know how much practice it would take to get accurate with a sling? It would take a hell of a lot and pretty sure people are going to get the hell out of the way when they see someone putting a rock in their sling and start whipping it around. A sling shot is easier to use but it's also a lot less lethal and in either case it's gonna be pretty hard for someone to go on a sling or sling shot rampage they are just gonna get tackled and have their asses kicked

I'm anti gun but realistically at this point simply declaring that guns and ammo will become harder to get on an arbitrary date isn't the solution in America. There are is too much guns and ammo out already for that too work' date=' truth be told I don't know what the solution would be. The only thing I can think of is a slow cultural change to slowly start lowering the amount of guns and people's interest in owning rediculous amounts of fire arms and things like assault weapons that should be unobtainable for the average person.[/quote']

This!!!

Gun bans as the solution to gun violence has popped up again, covering different areas. It would have been nice if such bans had stopped criminals from using guns. But, alas, the results are invariably the same, whether the ban is put in place for college campuses, cities, or entire nations: gun bans disarm the law-abiding, not criminals. Instead of making victims safer, they make criminals safer.

So one more time for the dimwits amongst us. Since when do criminals follow laws?

Slings and slingshots can kill people from distances. So can bows and arrows. Hell even a potato gun made out of PVC can inflict some serious damage. Let's not stop at guns. Ban everything' date=' that way people who can access weapons don't have to worry about the population disagreeing with whatever twisted fancy they come up with...[/quote']

LOL!

You're joking right?:D

Did you just compare the efficiency and all around everything else, of a slingshot or a bow and arrow to a gun?

If the guy that shot up the movie place had a bow and arrow somebody would just jump him, break the bow on his piece of **** head and strangle him with the wire.

That's one of the most ridculous things I've ever heard.

Do you know how much practice it would take to get accurate with a sling? It would take a hell of a lot and pretty sure people are going to get the hell out of the way when they see someone putting a rock in their sling and start whipping it around. A sling shot is easier to use but it's also a lot less lethal and in either case it's gonna be pretty hard for someone to go on a sling or sling shot rampage they are just gonna get tackled and have their asses kicked

A sling shot and a ball bearing is a deadly combination. You also assume someone who would use such tools would do it in broad daylight in a crowded area. People who are trained to kill don't do so like in the movies. There is a reason why elite military forces use a knife as their weapon of choice. They don't make noise...

LOL!

You're joking right?:D

Did you just compare the efficiency and all around everything else' date=' of a slingshot or a bow and arrow to a gun?

If the guy that shot up the movie place had a bow and arrow somebody would just jump him, break the bow on his piece of **** head and strangle him with the wire.

That's one of the most ridculous things I've ever heard.[/quote']

Just about as ridiculous as someone thinking CRIMINALS WOULD RESPECT GUN BAN LAWS! Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

A sling shot and a ball bearing is a deadly combination. You also assume someone who would use such tools would do it in broad daylight in a crowded area. People who are trained to kill don't do so like in the movies. There is a reason why elite military forces use a knife as their weapon of choice. They don't make noise...

They will never get it man.

Yeah, I bet they're thousands of pshycos out there training to be good with a slingshot when they can do dozens of times more damage with less practice to dozens of times more people with a gun.

You're going full retard here dude...

Just about as ridiculous as someone thinking CRIMINALS WOULD RESPECT GUN BAN LAWS! Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

Yep you went full retard...

I never said that...

I said THAT would be IMPOSSIBLE...

But as far as I know, these crazy guys who didn't get loved by their daddy's enough (like the guy who shot the theater he's just an example here of course) are not criminals nor do they have criminal records, but they still have thousands of dollars in weapons and ammo.

Of course criminals will get guns anyway, but they don't usually go on killing sprees they just use them as means of getting power, they're not crazy their objectives are easy to understand, these whackjobs are normal people with acess to enough weapons and other equipment to arm a small army.

That's the people we need and can control, ordinary people who get the weapons by legal means.

What can we do about criminals that get them illegaly?

I don't see it as a valid comparison. The person with a sling shot would have to be fairly close to deliver a lethal shot as well as have incredible luck or accuracy. Also if the guy misses with a sling shot he doesn't really get another shot off in all likely hood as the person he was shooting at will either be up close and swinging by that point or have taken off.

Take a pistol now; they can potentially get several more shots off that can inflict more damage more easily. I will venture so far as too say it's easier to learn to aim with most kinds of guns then it is a sling shot. (Keeping in mind your much more limited with where you can shoot and hope for a fatal impact with the sling shot) A gun also can be used to take out a larger group then the sling shot and also has more of an intimidation factor.

I'm not saying that if guns are removed from the United States violent crimes will disappear but I disagree with your sling shot / sling to firearm comparrison

Edit: On a side note at least where I live (British Columbia) most guns used in violent crimes were obtained legally (and usually ended up being stolen). So I don't know if this would apply to the states but gun storage laws may be something to be looked into to slowly reducing the numbers of these weapons being introduced to the market. (poorly worded I know but brains goin blank on me)

Kevbo. Try selling that to the armed forces.

Kevbo, Listen guy's, get rid of those crappy guns. Use these instead.

USAF, holy **** ( cue gasps all round ), how did we not see that!. Of course, these are way more effective.

Obama issue's an Executive Order to destroy all guns immediately, saying, 'now nobody will dare **** with us'.

Kevbo gets his face carved into Mt Rushmore.

Sorry mate. I just thought one dumb post deserved another.

Kevbo. Try selling that to the armed forces.

Kevbo' date=' Listen guy's, get rid of those crappy guns. Use these instead.

USAF, holy **** ( cue gasps all round ), how did we not see that!. Of course, these are way more effective.

Obama issue's an Executive Order to destroy all guns immediately, saying, 'now nobody will dare **** with us'.

Kevbo gets his face carved into Mt Rushmore.[/quote']

LOL!

I know what he was trying to say, but it's pretty dumb to think that the kids who shot up those highschools instead of using guns used arrows or slingshots, they would be made fun of and get a week suspension from school if that were to happen.

I think he's seen robin hood too many times if he thinks a guy with a bow and arrow is going on a killing spree anytime soon...

LMAOF!

Probably some ignorant **** thinking he was shooting up Muslims in a delusional show of patriotism

So many people know almost nothing about Islam. A lot of people would be surprised at what they found out if they did a bit of research, this is the kind of thing that should be pushed in schools, to try and break down these stereotypes and the general ignorance

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-14/justice/massachusetts.gun.show.verdict_1_christopher-bizilj-westfield-sportsman-s-club-gun-show?_s=PM:CRIME

This one is the best.

An 8 year old shoots himself to death with an Uzi at a gun show.

The guy who gave him the Uzi to play with gets off with nothing. Because the gun lobby owns this country from top to bottom.

So many people know almost nothing about Islam. A lot of people would be surprised at what they found out if they did a bit of research' date=' this is the kind of thing that should be pushed in schools, to try and break down these stereotypes and the general ignorance[/quote']

Y'know mate, you might just have decided the issue for me.

Maybe guns aren't so bad after all. God forbid we take them off the streets and the loons all turn to suicide vest's.

Archived