BJ Penn, Shogun, Anderson Silva, GSP

So_Amazing

How come when BJ Penn always used to gas nobody would say he's done or call him a bum? But when it's Shogun hes all of sudden past his prime and he should retire.

And how come when GSP was greasing everybody made a HUGE deal out of it, but when Anderson Silva does it they just dismiss it as a "little excuse"

If you guys want to hate on someone for doing something, you should hate on all the fighters that do it.

Those fighters are some of the best ever and that's why they get a lot of flack when something wrong happens' date=' even if it's insignificant

You don't see people making threads about really crappy fighters like Josh Grispi or Cody McKenzie[/quote']

I don't think you understand the post. They are all greats, but not all of them get flack for doing the same things, my point is that if Shogun gases nowadays he gets called Shobum(way to treat one of the best ever right?) or Shogass. People then continue to say hes done and he has nothing left. But when BJ does it, nobody takes the time to say that he should retire or he's done.

How come when BJ Penn always used to gas nobody would say he's done or call him a bum? But when it's Shogun hes all of sudden past his prime and he should retire.

And how come when GSP was greasing everybody made a HUGE deal out of it' date=' but when Anderson Silva does it they just dismiss it as a "little excuse"

If you guys want to hate on someone for doing something, you should hate on all the fighters that do it.[/quote']

Well first of all BJ Penn has been pissed on for being undisciplined and unconditioned forever. I myself have been saying he's a bum for this for years.

As for silva greasing it's just ridiculous. The greasing he's accused of is simply irrelevent.

Well first of all BJ Penn has been pissed on for being undisciplined and unconditioned forever. I myself have been saying he's a bum for this for years.

As for silva greasing it's just ridiculous. The greasing he's accused of is simply irrelevent.

How is it irrelevant?

BJ Penn ALWAYS got flack for coming in out of shape, it's why he went to a draw with fitch (gassed in the third), lost against diaz (gassed in the second) and what happens in most of his fights at 170

that's why you always hear people say if only BJ was back at lightweight, if only he took the fights more seriously, etc.

oh and it's irrelevant because the man who runs the commission, Keith Kizer, says it is a nonissue... good enough for you?

BJ Penn ALWAYS got flack for coming in out of shape' date=' it's why he went to a draw with fitch (gassed in the third), lost against diaz (gassed in the second) and what happens in most of his fights at 170

that's why you always hear people say if only BJ was back at lightweight, if only he took the fights more seriously, etc.

oh and it's irrelevant because the man who runs the commission, Keith Kizer, says it is a nonissue... good enough for you?[/quote']

Does the commission completely understand the sport of MMA?

How is it irrelevant?

its irrelevent because it's nothing.

the amount of vaseline is ridiculous, and its placement is just as ridiculous.

I actually strongly doubt that Silva has even done that once with the idea of giving himself an advantage over his opponents. My take is that he does that because he's annoyed by the vaseline in his eyebrows and wipes it off.

And my reason for thinking so is that he never goes straight for strategic areas. He wipes the excedent (which is really a small amount) and then wipes his hand son his belly and his chest, and then ends up going for his arms and forearms. If he was trying to gain an advantage with that little vaseline he'd try to use it as efficiently as possible and would go straight for arms, neck and shoulder, or even the back of his legs.

Having him grease with how little vaseline could be left on his hands from that already little amount that he had available that he already wiped on his belly, I don't see what difference this **** could make. Comparing this to what GSP has been accused of is laughable. And note. I never even admitted that GSP actually greased on purpose. Maybe his trainer did, but I also think that people overrate the impact that having vaseline put on your back might have. middle of the back = useless area to grease. but I'm not getting into that.... again..

my point is just that comparing Silva wiping off the excedent vaseline from his face to other random parts of his body can't be compared to the greasing GSP is accused of. That's not even the same ball park.

I don't think you understand the post. They are all greats' date=' but not all of them get flack for doing the same things, my point is that if Shogun gases nowadays he gets called Shobum(way to treat one of the best ever right?) or Shogass. People then continue to say hes done and he has nothing left. But when BJ does it, nobody takes the time to say that he should retire or he's done.[/quote']

you must not read the forums to much... `

And how come when GSP was greasing everybody made a HUGE deal out of it' date=' but when Anderson Silva does it they just dismiss it as a "little excuse"

If you guys want to hate on someone for doing something, you should hate on all the fighters that do it.[/quote']

Welcome to the UFC forums! Grab a drink and join the fun ;)

1.) Cause they were nut hugging. He is the biggest waste of raw talent in mma history. All because he's lazy. Shogun struggling with Vera was embarrasing but he isn't done. He's only 30.

2.) More people hate GSP than Silva and will use any excuse to discredit him.

3.) Agreed.

Archived