How far will Maia go at WW?

OmenMMA

If he fights like his old self, and smartly gets it to the ground and chains submissions and uses his textbook style of BJJ. The guy that choked out Sonnen and Herman and Nate Quarry like they were children.

I know that Maia would be a nightmare for GSP... Dong Kim isn't a push-over and Maia wrecked him by takedown. Also a lot of wrestlers at WW, and we all know BJJ > Wrestling, but these guys do it all now, but still Maia > all WW's in UFC on the ground.

Discuss, I'm excited to see him sub Rick Story.

If he fights like his old self' date=' and smartly gets it to the ground and chains submissions and uses his textbook style of BJJ. The guy that choked out Sonnen and Herman and Nate Quarry like they were children.

I know that Maia would be a nightmare for GSP... Dong Kim isn't a push-over and Maia wrecked him by takedown. Also a lot of wrestlers at WW, and we all know BJJ > Wrestling, but these guys do it all now, but still Maia > all WW's in UFC on the ground.

Discuss, I'm excited to see him sub Rick Story.[/quote']

We'll see. If Marquart comes back to the UFC (which will probably happen in the next couple of years) I'd like to see that rematch. Sure Marquart won the first fight, but it ended so quickly that we couldn't really see who was the superior fighter.

We'll see. If Marquart comes back to the UFC (which will probably happen in the next couple of years) I'd like to see that rematch. Sure Marquart won the first fight' date=' but it ended so quickly that we couldn't really see who was the superior fighter.[/quote']

Blasting your opponent into the air within a minute doesn't demonstrate your superiority?

Blasting your opponent into the air within a minute doesn't demonstrate your superiority?

Well idk what Maia was doing, he kinda looked like he was going for a flying knee or something right off the bat. I said the same thing about JDS/ Cain, and I'm a huge fan of JDS. But if the fight lasted longer, it may have gone down differently. All I'm saying.

well that there is alot of wrestlers at WW actually is a problem for Maia IMO. Cuz wrestlers mean that he wont be able to take it to the ground and use his best weapon. He'll have to fight them standing and that makes any fight alot more equal. And the problem with many wrestlers is that although they have ****** striking technique they have dangerous power.. that means "anything can happen".

I know Maia's striking has been improving alot and that he's not a can standing but he's nowhere near as dangerous standing as he is on the ground... and I don't see him ever being able to become as good standing as he is on the ground..

Well idk what Maia was doing' date=' he kinda looked like he was going for a flying knee or something right off the bat. I said the same thing about JDS/ Cain, and I'm a huge fan of JDS. [b']But if the fight lasted longer, it may have gone down differently.[/b] All I'm saying.

Pretty sure this is true about every single fight that was ever fought anywhere in the universe.

i_wonder_why_potato.jpg All I'm saying.

Archived