The Next 5 UFC Events - Which Card Are You Most Excited For?

Here they are (baring any injuries or replacements):

UFC 150:

Lightweight - Benson Henderson © vs Frankie Edgar (Title Fight)

Lightweight - Donald Cerrone vs Melvin Guillard

Middleweight - Jake Shields vs Ed Herman

Middleweight - Yushin Okami vs Buddy Roberts

Featherweight - Justin Lawrence vs Max Holloway

UFC 151:

Light Heavyweight - Jon Jones © vs Dan Henderson (Title Fight)

Welterweight - Jake Ellenberger vs. Jay Heiron

Featherweight - Dennis Siver vs Eddie Yagin

Lightweight - Dennis Hallman vs Thiago Tavares

Flyweight - John Lineker vs Yasuhiro Uru****ani

UFC 152:

Flyweight - Joseph Benavidez vs Demetrious Johnson (Title Fight)

Middleweight - Michael Bisping vs Brian Stann

TBA BJ/Rory Replacement Fight

Light Heavyweight - Igor Pokrajac vs Vinny Magalh?es

Featherweight - Jimy Hettes vs Marcus Brimage

UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic

Heavyweight - Stefan Struve vs Stipe Miočić

Welterweight - Dan Hardy vs Amir Sadollah

Bantamweight - Brad Pickett vs Yves Jabouin

Welterweight - John Hathaway vs John Maguire

UFC on FX: Browne vs. Silva

Heavyweight bout - Travis Browne vs. Antonio Silva

Heavyweight bout - Matt Mitrione vs. Rob Broughton

Welterweight bout - Justin Edwards vs. Josh Neer

Lightweight bout - Carlo Prater vs. Marcus LeVesseur

Flyweight bout - John Dodson vs. Jussier da Silva

Which card, as a whole, are you most excited for?

Heres UFC 153 for the heck of it:

UFC 153:

Featherweight bout - Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch (Title Fight)

Middleweight bout - Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher

Light Heavyweight bout - Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira

Welterweight bout - Erick Silva vs. Jon Fitch

Featherweight bout - Rony Jason vs. Sam Sicilia

Welterweight bout - Demian Maia vs. Rick Story

Featherweight bout - Diego Brandao vs. Joey Gambino

Lightweight bout - Gleison Tibau vs. Francisco Drinaldo

Lightweight bout - Cristiano Marcello vs. Reza Madadi

Welterweight bout - Sergio Moraes vs. Renee Forte

Middleweight bout - Luiz Cane vs. Chris Camozzi

Heavyweight bout - Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Geronimo dos Santos

:eek: Now this is what every pay-per-view card should look like, IMO.

152, for sure before BJ and Rory was scrapped, numero uno

2nd, i would have to say the Struve/Miocic Fuel card as a UK fan.

153 is without a doubt gonna out-do all the August/September cards though :cool:

I have noticed in the last year the quality of cards given to a country has seen a shift in power, from Canada previously being the number one...

1.) Brazil

2.) Canada

3.) US

Thing is, a lot of discussion goes on in the MMA world and media about PPV buys and viewing figures, but only based on the USA being the centre of the UFC/MMA universe... It is pretty much a known fact now though that viewing figures in both Brazil and Canada have surpassed that of US figures :eek:

But you dont see the likes of the Dave Meltzer's of this world reporting that now do you :rolleyes:

Heres UFC 153 for the heck of it:

UFC 153:

Featherweight bout - Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch (Title Fight)

Middleweight bout - Vitor Belfort vs. Alan Belcher

Light Heavyweight bout - Quinton Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira

Welterweight bout - Erick Silva vs. Jon Fitch

Featherweight bout - Rony Jason vs. Sam Sicilia

Welterweight bout - Demian Maia vs. Rick Story

Featherweight bout - Diego Brandao vs. Joey Gambino

Lightweight bout - Gleison Tibau vs. Francisco Drinaldo

Lightweight bout - Cristiano Marcello vs. Reza Madadi

Welterweight bout - Sergio Moraes vs. Renee Forte

Middleweight bout - Luiz Cane vs. Chris Camozzi

Heavyweight bout - Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Geronimo dos Santos

:eek: Now this is what every pay-per-view card should look like' date=' IMO.[/quote']

That rite there on paper is a top notch card ^

152' date=' for sure before BJ and Rory was scrapped, numero uno

2nd, i would have to say the Struve/Miocic Fuel card as a UK fan.

153 is without a doubt gonna out-do all the August/September cards though :cool:

I have noticed in the last year the quality of cards given to a country has seen a shift in power, from Canada previously being the number one...

1.) Brazil

2.) Canada

3.) US

[b']Thing is, a lot of discussion goes on in the MMA world and media about PPV buys and viewing figures, but only based on the USA being the centre of the UFC/MMA universe... It is pretty much a known fact now though that viewing figures in both Brazil and Canada have surpassed that of US figures[/b] :eek:

But you dont see the likes of the Dave Meltzer's of this world reporting that now do you :rolleyes:

Yea I have certainly noticed that. Im American, but id rather watch a card based out of Brasil and even Canada over the US. Why? The fans. I remember when Vitor fought Rumble, the Brazilians went crazy and had a cheer going in unison that gave me goosebumps. More of that please!

Wow that is quite a step down in talent on the two free cards well Fuel and FX.I might have to turn off Storage Wars to watch those two.

Man is that what Dana calls selling the sport with two cards like that?I would rather go play a game of Yahtzee or lawn darts.

At least the PPV cards have a few decent fights i will want to watch.I am very disappointed i have to watch Hendo fight for a belt,he will be of no concern to me,i will be more interested to watch how Jones thinks in the ring.He SHOULD be able to beat Hendo round 1,but he will probably go into the feeling out mode for half of round 1.

151 easy because:

A: Everyone and their grandmother is already looking at Machida's rematch with Jones as if Hendo will simply bring him a cup of tea. I'd love for Hendo to H-bomb Jones out cold and quietly stroll out of the octagon.

B I want to see Kyle Noke get KTFO. Dude must pay for burning that atrocious dencorub commercial in my long term memory !!

not reallyy lookin forward to entire cards ' date='not saying i wont watch them tho

just a couple of fights id like to see

hendo vs jbj

bisping vs stan[/quote']

same here.

Henderson vs Edgar 2

Cerrone vs Guillard

Jones vs Hendo

Bisping vs Stann

Hardy vs Sadollah

Yeah here's hoping its Hendo landing that big right & putting smug Jones to sleep.

Unlikely as that is.

Jones has a solid chin. I don't think we'll be seeing him flash KO'd for a lonnnng time. Maybe after he gets some more wear and tear, but not while hes 25.

Well, one event down, 4 more to go. Did 150 live up to your expectations?

I hope 151 does. Some amazing fights on this next card. Where do I begin?

We have: Jones v Hendo and......

Jake Ellenberger vs. Jay Heiron

Dennis Siver vs. Eddie Yagin

Dennis Hallman vs. Thiago Tavares

John Lineker vs. Yasuhiro Uru****ani

^^^^ Seems stacccckkkkkkkkeeeeddd! So stacked infact, that i'm momentarily forgetting who most of these guys are!

Well' date=' one event down, 4 more to go. Did 150 live up to your expectations?

I hope 151 does. Some amazing fights on this next card. Where do I begin?

We have: Jones v Hendo and......

Jake Ellenberger vs. Jay Heiron

Dennis Siver vs. Eddie Yagin

Dennis Hallman vs. Thiago Tavares

John Lineker vs. Yasuhiro Uru****ani

^^^^ Seems stacccckkkkkkkkeeeeddd! So stacked infact, that i'm momentarily forgetting who most of these guys are![/quote']

150 was pathetic.

If it hadn't been for Cerrone and Guillard, people would be clamoring for their money back.

As for the next few...I guess match ups make good cards, not names. At least I hope so.

If 153 doesn't get decimated by injuries it looks to be the best card in years.

150 was pathetic.

If it hadn't been for Cerrone and Guillard' date=' people would be clamoring for their money back.

[b']As for the next few...I guess match ups make good cards, not names. At least I hope so.[/b]

If 153 doesn't get decimated by injuries it looks to be the best card in years.

Yea i'm not being fair, some of the better fights, recently, have actually been on the undercard/prelims, and by relative no-names.

Yea i'm not being fair' date=' some of the better fights, recently, have actually been on the undercard/prelims, and by relative no-names.[/quote']

It's a good sign for the overall talent pool. At the same time it shows the effects that injuries and too many events have on the fight cards.

This 'transition into mainstream' is not working with Fuel in the mix. Eliminate those events and it would help legitimize some of the weaker cards.

It's a good sign for the overall talent pool. At the same time it shows the effects that injuries and too many events have on the fight cards.

This 'transition into mainstream' is not working with Fuel in the mix. Eliminate those events and it would help legitimize some of the weaker cards.

Add to the fact hardly anyone even has Fuel t.v., I strongly agree. Shame about the injuries tho, they're making it difficult to get excited about an upcoming card :(

UFC 151 is a weak card, probably due to all the injuries but it feels like the UFC is trying to simply sell and Market Jon Jones, it doesn't feel like a pay per view event, it doesn't have any real promising prospects or contenders, not many really intriguing matchups. I'm not even all that interested in Jones vs Henderson, Jones isn't half as talented as people make him out to be the 205lb is just weaker than all the other divisions besides maybe 125lbs and Heavyweight. People say I think that because Jones cleaned it out, but I was saying how much of a bum Rampage and Shogun were for years and how Rashad and Forrest were two of the most overrated champions ever, that Machida is good but not great he just carries the hype of his past aura and Henderson......obviously isn't that skilled compared to a lot of fighters in other divisions. Jones takedown's and dynamic throws aren't existent he can barely get Rashad, Rampage or Machida down after many failed takedown attempts and he's easily way over a division larger than all the guys he faces, he's not just tall and skinny look at Gustafsson, Diabate ect people his height he was bigger than Bonnar when he was like 21 and he's way bigger now, Largest LHW in the world and he's turned his size into such a skill to reign over the desolate wastelnd known as 205lbs.

Okay....Okay...UFC 148,149,150 and `151 MAY OF BEEN bad or well, seemingly weak on paper for PPV's, but I can be soo critical this injury problem has to be quite fickle. They did seem to be selling A FIGHT instead of AN EVENT which I hate though.

Now, UFC 152 I was drooling over it has so many awesome fights Hettes vs Brimage and Grant vs Dunham are awesome fights I'm excited for, with Stann vs Bisping, Rory vs Penn and Benavidez vs DJ it felt amazing, utterly. The Penn vs Rory falling off made it feel less like a pay per view but it has strong prelims too and this will still be a very relevant, exciting card so I'm still looking forward to it.

UFC Nottingham, okay it's the card I'm most excited for, Jabouin vs Pickett is a candidate for fight of the year, wow I was begging for it and somehow they made this fight. The debut of Gunnar, Munawa and Watson is awesome been following these guys for well over a year they are all some of the most promising guys to enter the division in a little while. The Main event is awesome, Struve vs Miocic I mean come on? This card is free, stacked with awesome, exciting matchups and huge debuts, from top to bottom stoked.

UFC On FX Browne vs Bigfoot, another really relevant, stacked free card full of great fights I have to say looking forward to this, it isn't on the level of Nottingham but that's okay it's still going to be a great card and I'm sorry most people don't have fuel ( including me ) but find a way to watch this card from start to finish, it'll be worth it guys.

UFC 153...I think they're giving the Brazilian's a lot of favorable matchups like they have the last 2 Brazil cards so they don't have baby fits if their " guys " lose like when they do poorly in soccer. Still an awesome, awesome card and like said by Cole the Brazil events give a really strong energy to them that boosts everything up a bit more when watching.

So, we had to endure a pretty bad set back of cards from injuries and poor matchmakings but it looks like we'll be paid back for that. Don't miss Bellator on the 24th of this month guys, Curran is a top 5 FW who's faced better competition than anyone besides Aldo at 145lbs, he's 24 and insanely talented. Patricio is 24 also and 17-1 who's also incredibly talented, Black House rising star type guy if you don't know him check him out, also better than most FW's in the UFC 2 top 10 guys, 2 of the most dynamic exciting FW's going at it in a title fight, do not miss it...free on SPIKE.COM

UFC 151 is a weak card' date=' probably due to all the injuries but it feels like the UFC is trying to simply sell and Market Jon Jones, it doesn't feel like a pay per view event, it doesn't have any real promising prospects or contenders, not many really intriguing matchups. I'm not even all that interested in Jones vs Henderson, Jones isn't half as talented as people make him out to be the 205lb is just weaker than all the other divisions besides maybe 125lbs and Heavyweight. People say I think that because Jones cleaned it out, but I was saying how much of a bum Rampage and Shogun were for years and how Rashad and Forrest were two of the most overrated champions ever, that Machida is good but not great he just carries the hype of his past aura and Henderson......obviously isn't that skilled compared to a lot of fighters in other divisions. Jones takedown's and dynamic throws aren't existent he can barely get Rashad, Rampage or Machida down after many failed takedown attempts and he's easily way over a division larger than all the guys he faces, he's not just tall and skinny look at Gustafsson, Diabate ect people his height he was bigger than Bonnar when he was like 21 and he's way bigger now, Largest LHW in the world and he's turned his size into such a skill to reign over the desolate wastelnd known as 205lbs.

Okay....Okay...UFC 148,149,150 and `151 MAY OF BEEN bad or well, seemingly weak on paper for PPV's, but I can be soo critical this injury problem has to be quite fickle. They did seem to be selling A FIGHT instead of AN EVENT which I hate though.

Now, UFC 152 I was drooling over it has so many awesome fights Hettes vs Brimage and Grant vs Dunham are awesome fights I'm excited for, with Stann vs Bisping, Rory vs Penn and Benavidez vs DJ it felt amazing, utterly. The Penn vs Rory falling off made it feel less like a pay per view but it has strong prelims too and this will still be a very relevant, exciting card so I'm still looking forward to it.

UFC Nottingham, okay it's the card I'm most excited for, Jabouin vs Pickett is a candidate for fight of the year, wow I was begging for it and somehow they made this fight. The debut of Gunnar, Munawa and Watson is awesome been following these guys for well over a year they are all some of the most promising guys to enter the division in a little while. The Main event is awesome, Struve vs Miocic I mean come on? This card is free, stacked with awesome, exciting matchups and huge debuts, from top to bottom stoked.

UFC On FX Browne vs Bigfoot, another really relevant, stacked free card full of great fights I have to say looking forward to this, it isn't on the level of Nottingham but that's okay it's still going to be a great card and I'm sorry most people don't have fuel ( including me ) but find a way to watch this card from start to finish, it'll be worth it guys.

UFC 153...I think they're giving the Brazilian's a lot of favorable matchups like they have the last 2 Brazil cards so they don't have baby fits if their " guys " lose like when they do poorly in soccer. Still an awesome, awesome card and like said by Cole the Brazil events give a really strong energy to them that boosts everything up a bit more when watching.

So, we had to endure a pretty bad set back of cards from injuries and poor matchmakings but it looks like we'll be paid back for that. Don't miss Bellator on the 24th of this month guys, Curran is a top 5 FW who's faced better competition than anyone besides Aldo at 145lbs, he's 24 and insanely talented. Patricio is 24 also and 17-1 who's also incredibly talented, Black House rising star type guy if you don't know him check him out, also better than most FW's in the UFC 2 top 10 guys, 2 of the most dynamic exciting FW's going at it in a title fight, do not miss it...free on SPIKE.COM[/quote']

I normally don't, but I stopped reading when you called 205 weak and everyone in it overrated. I can understand some of the arguments but it's really the same as it's always been. A division with tons of parody and exciting match ups, there just happens to be one guy that's head and shoulders above the rest right now(literally and figuratively).

I'm really tired of hearing how Jones only wins by being bigger too. He makes weight, end of discussion. You can't fault him for god-given advantages. That's like saying Anderson wouldn't dominate without his hand speed or GSP without athleticism....

And this is coming from the biggest Jones hater on this forum.

Archived