Who would have been most impressive if it was Shogun/Bader and Machida/Vera?

Jbrahams

Obviously Machida was more impressive in victory since he didn't gas, KO'd his opponent cold, and quickly. But c'mon, Bader did nothing (and I'm a huge Bader fan). Whereas Vera put on one hell of a fight!

So if it was switched, how do you think Shogun would have done against Bader? I think he'd win, but I think Bader might have been less hesitant since he is easier to get a hold of and Machida has much better TDD. But Bader might have done just as bad.

But that brings me to the next point that Machida might have finished Vera a lot earlier than Shogun since he wouldn't have gassed, he wouldn't have wrestled/clinched, and would have definitely beaten Vera.

I think Machida would have been more impressive either way, and from what it sounded, he didn't just want that title shot, he needed that title shot. Shogun was more "meh" about it, I think the Glover controversy damaged his shot at the title and fighting Vera instead etc.

But you never know, what are your opinions?

Bader did nothing because he had no choice. He threw a bunch of punches that hit nothing but air. Machida saw them from a mile away. Machida was simply on point, extremely fast, and very accurate. There wasn't much Bader COULD do.

If it was Machida vs Vera I think it still would have ended in a KO but inside the first round.

Bader vs Shogun could have been interesting. Obviously Shogun wouldn't try wrestling with Bader and would probably be pressed up against the cage or put on his back. If Shogun didn't knock him out early I think Bader would have wrestled Shogun's gas tank to empty and won a lame UD.

think this needs a poll

but Machida still would.

Bader fought exactly like how he fought in his previous matches. he always had sloppy stand up. His takedowns were stiffled because he got scurred of catching a counter knee.(which machida DID land on him a couple of times). Those were his two tools, big sloppy punch and takedown. Bader did nothing because Machida took away his tools.

Vera isn't a smart fighter, and hasn't had finishing instinct since he fought frank mir. He doesnt take his training seriously either, me thinks. He's a very scrawny LHW. What the hell is with those protruding ribs? Anyways, he's predictable and hasn't changed his entire UFC career. he doesn't evolve because he doesnt improve his training... atleast not at a noticeable level or even at the level of other ufc fighters. He's got heart sure, but i'd rather put my money on a motivated fighter, which he is not.

Also his nickname, I'm no therapist, but to call yourself the Truth when you talked so much **** and made so many excuses is like calling yourself The People's Champ when everyone wishes you would stfu. Tito Ortiz is another fighter that was unable to evolve.

think this needs a poll

but Machida still would.

Bader fought exactly like how he fought in his previous matches. he always had sloppy stand up. His takedowns were stiffled because he got scurred of catching a counter knee.(which machida DID land on him a couple of times). Those were his two tools' date=' big sloppy punch and takedown. Bader did nothing because Machida took away his tools.

Vera isn't a smart fighter, and hasn't had finishing instinct since he fought frank mir. He doesnt take his training seriously either, me thinks. He's a very scrawny LHW. What the hell is with those protruding ribs? Anyways, he's predictable and hasn't changed his entire UFC career. he doesn't evolve because he doesnt improve his training... atleast not at a noticeable level or even at the level of other ufc fighters. He's got heart sure, but i'd rather put my money on a motivated fighter, which he is not.

Also his nickname, I'm no therapist, but to call yourself the Truth when you talked so much **** and made so many excuses is like calling yourself The People's Champ when everyone wishes you would stfu. Tito Ortiz is another fighter that was unable to evolve.[/quote']

that is a good idea, yeah Bader is pretty one-dimensional, he has very rudimentary stand up and his submission game is pretty sub par as well, all he has going for him is his wrestling, size, and KO power

i dont see the outcome of machida/vera being any different then bader/machida except vera would probably get KTFO quicker because he is more eager to go forward and attack without fear of taking shots in the process. his only chance of beating machida is if he fought him and tried to Kongo (wall & stall) Machida the way he did in his fight with randy but even then machida is pretty crafty and hard to get ahold of so i dont see that going down

shogun/bader may have been more difficult because bader could use his wrestling to prolong the inevitable but i figure shogun would probably knock him out too. it just would take longer

i dont know, dont care. We still would of got a Machida victory and a Rua victory, so it doesnt really matter.

I want to see Rua vs rashad next or Gustafsson or Steffan Bonnar (if the fighter Bonnar shows up not the go for excitement get hit lots fighter, because the fighter Bonnar is on a 3 fight winstreak).

I dont know. I still think Machida and Rua would be victourios but I feel fights would be very different.

Machida is a bad matchup for Bader, but Vera could have a chance against him with his kicks and speed

Shogun doesnt have good tdd so Bader would probably get one or two takedowns but I dont think he has a chin to stand with Rua so he would eventually get KOed.

Obviously Machida was more impressive in victory since he didn't gas' date=' KO'd his opponent cold, and quickly. But c'mon, Bader did [b']nothing[/b] (and I'm a huge Bader fan). Whereas Vera put on one hell of a fight!

So if it was switched, how do you think Shogun would have done against Bader? I think he'd win, but I think Bader might have been less hesitant since he is easier to get a hold of and Machida has much better TDD. But Bader might have done just as bad.

But that brings me to the next point that Machida might have finished Vera a lot earlier than Shogun since he wouldn't have gassed, he wouldn't have wrestled/clinched, and would have definitely beaten Vera.

I think Machida would have been more impressive either way, and from what it sounded, he didn't just want that title shot, he needed that title shot. Shogun was more "meh" about it, I think the Glover controversy damaged his shot at the title and fighting Vera instead etc.

But you never know, what are your opinions?

No difference. Shogun isn't even nearly in good enough shape to take on Jones.

After that fight, I'd put money on Machida to take him out this time. Shogun just looked so slow and old.

Archived