LW fight I wanna see: Joe Lauzon vs Nate Diaz

JonesyUK

it would make for a good scrap. many would expect a brawl because it has all the potential to be a dogfight but surprisingly i think it would turn into a ground fight with nate maybe mounting him and then taking his back and choking him out when he tries to escape. anything could happen tho but that would be a good match to see

I dont think Lauzon would wanna trade with him, so it will quite quickly become a grappling match and I dont think anyone could seriously count Lauzon out in a grappling match with anyone at 155 right now...

Lauzon's stand-up is pretty average though, so Diaz would of course wanna keep the fight there

I don't see how this fight would even be close, I see guys like Pettis and Cerrone above Lauzon to an extent I don't see Lauzon ever being able to catch up. Now I see Nate a step above Pettis and Cerrone at that.

I'd say round 2 finish for Nate, probably a choke after abusing Lauzon every second prior.

Want to talk about a cool fight now? Lauzon vs Charles Oliveira at 145 or even Lauzon vs Jim Miller.

I don't see how this fight would even be close' date=' I see guys like Pettis and Cerrone above Lauzon to an extent I don't see Lauzon ever being able to catch up. Now I see Nate a step above Pettis and Cerrone at that.

I'd say round 2 finish for Nate, probably a choke after abusing Lauzon every second prior.

Want to talk about a cool fight now? Lauzon vs Charles Oliveira at 145 or even Lauzon vs Jim Miller.[/quote']

Sorry bro, I would have Pettis beating Diaz any day of the week...

The two fights you suggested are good though

I don't see how this fight would even be close' date=' I see guys like Pettis and Cerrone above Lauzon to an extent I don't see Lauzon ever being able to catch up. Now I see Nate a step above Pettis and Cerrone at that.

Want to talk about a cool fight now? Lauzon vs Charles Oliveira at 145 or even Lauzon vs Jim Miller.[/quote']

Lauzon has said he couldn't make 145. So that won't happen.

Also as much as it pains me to admit, Lauzon is not on Diaz's level. I think he could choke out cowboy though if he got him to the ground.

I dont think Lauzon would wanna trade with him' date=' so it will quite quickly become a grappling match and I dont think anyone could seriously [b']count Lauzon out in a grappling match with anyone at 155 right now.[/b]..

Lauzon's stand-up is pretty average though, so Diaz would of course wanna keep the fight there

I wouldn't count him out but I would just expect him to be able to survive.

We saw what happened when he fought a real jiu jitsu guy in G-Sot who has a heavy top game.

Diaz doesn't have the same heavy top game but I just don't see Lauzon being able to submit Diaz--anything could happen though.

I was thinking this the other night, but changed my mind at posting, seeing as how I thought everyone would flame on about Lauzon not being anywhere near his level, but I would love to see the fight. I do think Nate has the advantage on the feet, but on the ground it would be extremely interesting to see. I would like to see Lauzon Cowboy also. I'm surprised there arent as many Diaz huggers jumping in saying no way in hell and so on.

Archived