How long do you think it will be before a new fighter appears and creates waves?

RogerJones620

I remember about two years ago when Cain Velasquez, Jon Jones, and Jose Aldo seemed to come out of no where and cause a lot of upset in their current, respective weight divisions.

How often does this phenomenon recur, or is it a once-in-a-lifetime sort of deal?

I'm only asking because we have a few divisions that are stagnant due to a dominant champ -- and I don't see any change int he near future with the current roster.

We have loads!

You talk 2 years ago' date=' well 2010 was the year of Renan Barao getting noticed, Carlos Condit to a degree too, Michael McDonald etc

Next potentials are Glover Teixiera, John Moraga, Jimi Manuwa, Tom 'Kong' Watson off the top of my head[/quote']

yeah those guys seem to be good picks

I'd also include from this year

Erick Silva (technically last year, but more hype this year), Chris Weidman (more so last year but he became HUGE this year), Siyar Bahadurzada (unknown to casual fans before debut)

hard to think off the top of my head, but there might be guys who we wouldn't expect like Francisco Rivera, Francis Carmont, Gunnar Nelson, Chico Camus, etc.

Erick Silva (technically last year' date=' but more hype this year), Chris Weidman (more so last year but he became HUGE this year), Siyar Bahadurzada (unknown to casual fans before debut)

hard to think off the top of my head, but there might be guys who we wouldn't expect like Francisco Rivera, Francis Carmont, Gunnar Nelson, Chico Camus, etc.[/quote']

Good picks :cool:

We have loads!

You talk 2 years ago' date=' well 2010 was the year of Renan Barao getting noticed, Carlos Condit to a degree too, Michael McDonald etc

Next potentials are Glover Teixiera, John Moraga, Jimi Manuwa, Tom 'Kong' Watson off the top of my head[/quote']

agree with this post :cool:

Erick Silva (technically last year' date=' but more hype this year), Chris Weidman (more so last year but he became HUGE this year), Siyar Bahadurzada (unknown to casual fans before debut)

hard to think off the top of my head, but there might be guys who we wouldn't expect like Francisco Rivera, Francis Carmont, Gunnar Nelson, Chico Camus, etc.[/quote']

agree with this too :cool:

We have loads!

Lombard!

Overeem has only had one UFC fight,Paul Sass actually has some skills,Jimmo a long time wait from the original show i believe.

The problem is the 205 and HW divisions are SO weak,they need more than 1 guy here and there.

The UFC is trying to open up venues all over the world,the QUALITY has dropped badly,every card now is an almost snooze fest.I don't care about two guys duke it out,i want to see SKILL and potential champions.

It wasn't that long ago people were praising Couture,that is how weak the lHW and HW divisions were.Guys like Mir and Sylvia were champions,Big Country a talked about threat and now this Glover guy who has been winning based on being MUCH bigger than everyone else.That might go over on some in the UFC,but weight cutting is common house here,so Glover will be an average fighter.

The 185 division is the one division that is actually making strides a lot of good talent has arrived,some that people don't remember from the Brasil venue.

Imo the 170 division has dropped out of number 1,the 185 division is stacked right now,good time for Silva to get out lol.

We have loads!

Dont forget Ryan Jimmo

Archived