Machida couldn't even beat a out of shape unmotivated Rampage.

Kongo_Hero

he has no business fighting for a title.. Machida couldn't even beat a out of shape unmotivated Rampage. Tito Ortiz beat Bader much much faster and better fashion than Machida did.

Macihda vs Jones first fight was a beat down, he choked him like a bit*h, dropping his dead corpse to the floor like a fool. Shogun dominated Machida twice in both their fights, so why does Machida get a title shot?

Machida last 5 fights record.. 2 wins and 3 loses. how the heck does a guy with a loseing record get a title shot? is UFC that bad?

he has no business fighting for a title.. Machida couldn't even beat a out of shape unmotivated Rampage. Tito Ortiz beat Bader much much faster and better fashion than Machida did.

Macihda vs Jones first fight was a beat down' date=' he choked him like a bit*h, dropping his dead corpse to the floor like a fool. Shogun dominated Machida twice in both their fights, so why does Machida get a title shot?

Machida last 5 fights record.. 2 wins and 3 loses. how the heck does a guy with a loseing record get a title shot? is UFC that bad?[/quote']

Agreed. Tired of all these rematches.

Macihda vs Jones first fight was a beat down' date=' he choked him like a bit*h, dropping his dead corpse to the floor like a fool. Shogun dominated Machida twice in both their fights, so why does Machida get a title shot?

Machida last 5 fights record.. 2 wins and 3 loses. how the heck does a guy with a loseing record get a title shot? is UFC that bad?[/quote']

Just goes to show the depth of the Light Heavyweight division. I say it's weak, and people jump all over me, but this just kinda proves it. Now it has been twice that Lyoto got a shot based off of one win, solely because he was the most impressive winner in the division.

I'll take the bait.

I agree that it's too soon for a Machida v. Bones rematch (unless Hendo defeats JBJ, that is), especially since Machida got finished the last time they fought. However, you make a couple of mistakes in your analysis.

A lot of people believe Machida won the Rampage fight. Even Rampage thought Machida won. I gave the fight to Rampage because of the ten-point-must scoring system, but if a different scoring mechanism was in place, Machida could very well have won.

Shogun most certainly did not "dominate" Machida in their two fights. I thought Shogun was robbed in the first fight (I predicted a split decision victory for Shogun and was shocked when Lyoto retained the title with a UD), but it was a closely contested bout that went the distance. There's a lot of revisionist history when it comes to fights like that, and I really wonder how many people remember the fight as it really happened. Machida was ahead in the second fight until Shogun got that beautiful KO. Machida was by no means "dominated."

True, Ortiz beat Bader much faster that Machida did, but we know the follies of MMA math.

Last of all, Machida v. Jones wasn't a "beat down." Even though Jones finished Machida in spectacular fashion with an elbow followed by a standing guillotine in the 2nd, Machida won the first round of that fight. That's a long way from a "beat down."

Infact Machida is actually 2 wins and 4 loses in his last fights' date=' just because the judges made a huge scam on the first Shogun vs Machida fight its only 2 wins and 3 loses.[/quote'] Well don't really need to count that if the first decision was a loss he would not have had to fight shogun the second time it was very controversial but I doubt they would have given him a straight up rematch if the decision went shoguns way.

He was screwed by the judges... good bye.

machida won the fight against rampage ... Anyone who thinks otherwise should not be watching mma

Yup Machida was robbed.

It is VERY simple as to WHY>>>>DANA.

The guy is clueless,he put that add out there to get fighters to fight dumb so he can brag on his nerd tweets and tell everyone how great that sucky card was.

Machida got the MUCH easier opponent Bader offered zero threat to Machida.Vera is not that great either but at least he can strike a bit,so Shogun was going to get hit,Bader has the striking of Tito/Brock.

This was probably as bad as Diaz getting Penn for a chance at a title shot.Like beating Penn means anything right now,i guess Edgar should get two title shots?

Bottom line is Dana sometimes had his head on half crooked but MOST of the time his brain falls out of his ears.

if dana had given the fight to shogun after his performance i would of been pissed. It was dreadful, an entertaining fight but it was like watching 2 bums fight it out in the street. both breathing heavy and gassing after 1 moderately paced first round? shameful.

Machida looked in great shape got an impressive win, wasnt tired and looks game to take on jones. Shogun looked like he just wanted another paycheck and i think dana realised it to.

I dont think any of the fighters really deserve the shot but with so few able competitors and jones being healthy it had to be machida. Besides hes the onyl one likely to give jones a decent fight.

i really want King Mo in the ufc just to find out hwere he would stand, shame his stupid *** got banned from competing for 1 year.

Archived