People are overlooking a valid threat...

HappyFeet

Dan Henderson. Dan Henderson can and will knock out Jon Jones if he connects, and also has fairly good wrestling up his sleeve. They're all jumping to Machida vs. Jones, but what if that doesn't happen? What if it's Machida vs. Hendo?

Who here thinks Dan Henderson is a legitimate threat to the title?

He's slow and only has 1 weapon. Jones should easily be able to stay away from that. Jones could take him down and submit he rather easily too.

Jones is a ****munch but he's good when he finally gets in there... against smaller guys.

Jones has also developed into a very 1 weapon type of guy, even though he's very skilled, the fame and love of his championship has gotten to his head. It's like GSP, formerly very skilled and dangerous, now just fighting to protect his belt. Jones is becoming much like GSP, and is more rather counting on the takedown to either get the elbows in or the sub.

I do not think for one second Jones will succeed standing with Hendo.

we all know Hendo has KO power in both hands but lets look at 2 things on each fighter, first Hendo is 41 years old and has a 71 inch reach where Jones is 25 and has a 13.5 inch reach advantage. there is no way imo that Hendo can win without swinging wildly and landing a good shot. Jones should be able to jab him to death and if he comes in take him down and finish him. I like both fighters so im not hugging jones' nuts. I wouldnt mind seeing an upset. Hell I was rooting for Vera the other day and thats a first

You know it doesn't take much power at all to KO someone,you just need to hit right.A lot of times it is actually near the back of the ear/head causing more of an equilibrium problem.

Banking on the fact that Hendo COULD ko him is a VERY poor excuse for giving him a titel shot.

This is suppose to be the big stage,the Olympics,you need a COMPLETE package to call yourself a real champion.

Fedor could KO anyone in any division,does that mean we hire him and give him the next title shot?I am sure if Gleison Tibau connected he would send Jones head into the front row,do we give him a shot?

It is very sad to see a guy like Hendo with such a poor skill set getting a title shot,it is proof at how very weak this division is.HW and LHW are two divisions that need a LOT of help.

I'll say it again...

Jones has more than a foot reach advantage to keep the distance and not get caught...

Jones is just gonna take Hendo down and finish him there.

Believe me im gonna be pulling for Hendo but imo he has the least chance out of everyone Jones has faced so far since being champ.

Hello. I didn't think there were any other members, besides myself, without their head up their asses about Hendo's chances in this fight.

Jones by submission late in the second.

machida, shogun and rashad are more of a threat to jones than henderson, Henderson is beaten in every single area except 1 power, he brings 1 thing to the table and nothing more. Jones plays agaisnt his opponents weaknesses and Hnederson has so many this fight is going to be an easy win for jones.

You know it doesn't take much power at all to KO someone' date='you just need to hit right.A lot of times it is actually near the back of the ear/head causing more of an equilibrium problem.

Banking on the fact that Hendo COULD ko him is a VERY poor excuse for giving him a titel shot.

This is suppose to be the big stage,the Olympics,you need a COMPLETE package to call yourself a real champion.

Fedor could KO anyone in any division,does that mean we hire him and give him the next title shot?I am sure if Gleison Tibau connected he would send Jones head into the front row,do we give him a shot?

It is very sad to see a guy like Hendo with such a poor skill set getting a title shot,it is proof at how very weak this division is.HW and LHW are two divisions that need a LOT of help.[/quote']

He's getting the shot because he was strike force champ and then won the FOTY when he crossed over last year. He also has a more credible win streak than anyone else right now. KO'ing Fedor and then beating Shogun is a lot more legit than giving Machida a shot 1 fight removed from getting choked unconscious just for KOing Bader.

You know it doesn't take much power at all to KO someone' date='you just need to hit right.A lot of times it is actually near the back of the ear/head causing more of an equilibrium problem.

It is very sad to see a guy like Hendo with such a poor skill set getting a title shot,it is proof at how very weak this division is.HW and LHW are two divisions that need a LOT of help.[/quote']

Your an idiot, please stop posting and leave this forum for good. Henderson actually has a good skill set he is just known for his overhand right as his timing with it has gotten a lot better. Henderson has earned this title shot with his win streak since his fight with Shields.

I know your going to point out how Shields layed on him for 4 rounds like you always do but guess what fighters have bad fights sometimes and it was well documented he was going into the fight with a back injury and couldn't cut weight properly. It happens and the fight was over two years ago in a different weight class

Jones has also developed into a very 1 weapon type of guy' date=' even though he's very skilled, the fame and love of his championship has gotten to his head. It's like GSP, formerly very skilled and dangerous, now just fighting to protect his belt. Jones is becoming much like GSP, and is more rather counting on the takedown to either get the elbows in or the sub.

I do not think for one second Jones will succeed standing with Hendo.[/quote']

Hendo won't be fast enough. We'll see the difference age makes if they fight.

Almost laughable how overlooked Hendo is. If you think about it' date=' he's like the perfect opponent to beat Jones.

More experience than anybody Jones has faced - [b']The oldest[/b]

Best chin - Worst cardio (+\- Shogun)

Best wrestling - Least technical striker

Most power - Smallest reach

Think he might surprise some people and this is coming from a huge Jones fan.

And this coming from a huge Hendo fan. I can't stand Jones, I mean I respect his skills, no questions there, but I would love to see Dan knock his infatuated head all across the arena, in the 15th row. Will it happen? I doubt it..........:(

Jones is a total tool but Hendo landing his power right on Jones is just unrealistic at this point. The only way I see Hendo winning is to shell up and unleash te fury of hell on Jones midsection, I think he has enough strength and experience to hold off Jones wrestling I mean Rampage was able to stuff a couple of TD I don't see how Hendo wouldn't be able to.

Henderson is going to get CRUSHED. I'm going to be laughing my *** off the whole time watching him eat elbows until the ref stops the fight.

Sorry haters, you have a dominant black champion that is going to rape every one of your favorite fighters until he retires. Deal with it.

Henderson is going to get CRUSHED. I'm going to be laughing my *** off the whole time watching him eat elbows until the ref stops the fight.

Sorry haters' date=' you have a dominant black champion that is going to rape every one of your favorite fighters until he retires. Deal with it.[/quote']

Nah in a year or two he'll move to HW and get gorilla ****ed by JDS.

Archived