LHW is not shallow just because there is a dominant champ

itsok

Im so tired of people saying LHW is shallow! Before JBJ came into the picture people said it was the most stacked division, and now when JBJ has beat most of the top fighters people say its shallow, that is just BS. Without JBJ it would be the same as LHW has always been, a lot of high profile fighters at the same level and no one defending the title more than once or twice.

Evans, Machida, Shogun, Henderson, Gustafsson (potentially), Texiera (potentially) are all contenders that always bring it, I say the division is stacked, just that the champ is just way better than the rest at the moment and the JBJ also has fought alot which means he has faces almost all the contendes the last 1.5 years. The fighters mentioned havent suddenly the last year gotten alot worse just because JBJ has beaten them. I call BS!

Discuss...

...and I was about to mention Rampage in there, but thats where I drew the line :D

theres 4-8 contenders at the moment in the whole division.

1 : JON JONES

2 : Dan Henderson

3 : Gustafsson 5 fight winstreak at the moment

4 : Rashad Evans

5 : Shogun Rua

6 : Lyoto Machida/

insert > Bader here

7 : Steffan Bonnar Id love to see Bonnar vs someone in the top 6 on a winstreak.

8 : James te Huna on a winstreak

9 : Ryan Jimmo is 16-1

10:/Rich Franklin/Rampage/Brandon Vera

Rich Franklin is win one lose one and Forrest griffin i never know if hes wants to fight anymore or just write books and Rampage is in then out in then out.

theres 4-8 contenders at the moment in the whole division.

1 : JON JONES

2 : Dan Henderson

3 : Gustafsson 5 fight winstreak at the moment

4 : Rashad Evans

5 : Shogun Rua

6 : Lyoto Machida

7 : Steffan Bonnar Id love to see Bonnar vs someone in the top 6 on a winstreak.

8 : James te Huna on a winstreak

9 : Ryan Jimmo is 16-1

10:Brandon Vera

Rich Franklin is win one lose one and Forrest griffin i never know if hes wants to fight anymore or just write books and Rampage is in then out in then out.

Brandon Vera in the top 10?

You have NO idea what you're talking about

has he gone down now? i KNEW there was a reason i didnt put Franklin top10.

Im sorry, i didn't see TEhuna in the rankings.

Yea Franklin is set to fight Cung Le.

My top 10 in no particular order:

Jones

Hendo

Rashad

Machida

Gustaffson

Rampage

Shogun

Davis

TeHuna

Bader

I don't see how anyone has it different tbh.

Jimmo shouldn't be there with 1 win in the UFC.

Im sorry' date=' i didn't see TEhuna in the rankings.

Jones

Hendo

Rashad

Machida

Gustaffson

Rampage

Shogun

Davis

TeHuna

Bader

Jimmo shouldn't be there with 1 win in the UFC.[/quote']

Thiago should be on that list.

Im sorry' date=' i didn't see TEhuna in the rankings.

Jones

Hendo

Rashad

Machida

Gustaffson

Rampage

Shogun

Davis

TeHuna

Bader

Jimmo shouldn't be there with 1 win in the UFC.[/quote']

i dont understand WHY youd put Machida over Rua..he lost twice to the guy, doesnt seem to make any sense. dont you think Machida should have to beat Rua convincingly at least once to be above him?

Keyword "Dominant".

You are only dominant if the field is weak,otherwise he would be unbeatable.

Hendo?The guy who got owned by the smaller Shield's?Oh yes he has tons of skill lol.The guy who made ONE half *** attempt at a take down versus Silva then realized he is not really a wrestler?

Potential??Well ya you can say potential but until proves something it is just talk.Machida is ONLY a counter striker ,he offers nothing else in the skill department.

Jimmo is new,funny the UFC took so long to bring him in,he has more rounded skills than everyone in the division,yes more than Jones.

Rashad is ok but ONLY a wrestler than even tires if he has to wrestle,so not really that good.His striking is weak,he fights too short and wastes a lot of energy.

So we have Jones/Machida/Rashad/jimmo/gusty the rest have sooo many weaknesses and very little upside it is sad.

Of those 4 contenders do any have the skill set to beat Jones?Rashad obviously can't wrestle him so he has no chance.machida if he gets Jones to commit to a counter maybe,but low chance of happening.Jimmo well he has al lthe skills he is not agressive which allows Jones to dictate the fight with reach,so i don't see him being able to win either.Gusty ok this guy has a chance because he has decent quickness/reach/cardio and striking he is the ONLY real threat at the moment.

Keyword "Dominant".

You are only dominant if the field is weak' date='otherwise he would be unbeatable.

Hendo?The guy who got owned by the smaller Shield's?Oh yes he has tons of skill lol.The guy who made ONE half *** attempt at a take down versus Silva then realized he is not really a wrestler?

Potential??Well ya you can say potential but until proves something it is just talk.Machida is ONLY a counter striker ,he offers nothing else in the skill department.

Jimmo is new,funny the UFC took so long to bring him in,he has more rounded skills than everyone in the division,yes more than Jones.

Rashad is ok but ONLY a wrestler than even tires if he has to wrestle,so not really that good.His striking is weak,he fights too short and wastes a lot of energy.

So we have Jones/Machida/Rashad/jimmo/gusty the rest have sooo many weaknesses and very little upside it is sad.

Of those 4 contenders do any have the skill set to beat Jones?Rashad obviously can't wrestle him so he has no chance.machida if he gets Jones to commit to a counter maybe,but low chance of happening.Jimmo well he has al lthe skills he is not agressive which allows Jones to dictate the fight with reach,so i don't see him being able to win either.Gusty ok this guy has a chance because he has decent quickness/reach/cardio and striking he is the ONLY real threat at the moment.[/quote']

Gus is also the most deserving at the moment to, id like to see Steffan Bonnar vs James te huna. crazy as that might sound.

Archived