Edgar Vs. Henderson Reappraisal

Andy_Anderson

Just rewatched the Edgar Vs. Henderson fight and not sure what I was thinking the 1st time around. Viewing the 1st time I was pretty certain Edgar had won a close fight. Watching again I realize that Henderson won pretty convincingly.

Not sure how Edgar can win a rematch based on what I just watched. Edgar is just too small to hurt him standing and too small to outwrestle him. I think he is going to take a pretty brutal beating.

Just rewatched the Edgar Vs. Henderson fight and not sure what I was thinking the 1st time around. Viewing the 1st time I was pretty certain Edgar had won a close fight. Watching again I realize that Henderson won pretty convincingly.

Not sure how Edgar can win a rematch based on what I just watched. Edgar is just too small to hurt him standing and too small to outwrestle him. I think he is going to take a pretty brutal beating.

I agree 1,000%

Henderson stomped Edgar in their first fight, and he will do it again.

this fight is going to make a big mess in this division, cause I only see this going to a decision and a probably a close one at that, and if Frankie wins via UD, then wtf is dana going todo. He definitely dont want to see a rubber match, since theres a back log of guys waiting in line.

He did outwrestle him handily, it just wasn't enough because of all the damage Benson did.

I agree 1' date='000%

Henderson stomped Edgar in their first fight, and he will do it again.[/quote']

Bendo will stomp him again and finish him this time. No way decision frankie will grind out a UD.

The UFC has to sell this second fight as "controversial" to get PPV buys. Sadly' date=' there wasn't anything controversial about it. It was just a beating.[/quote']

Rediculous amount of win in these three posts ^^^

Im not sure what to think about it

I dont want the forums to explode with the amazing amout of win going on here

He did outwrestle him handily' date=' it just wasn't enough because of all the damage Benson did.[/quote']

By definition, no, Edgar did not outwrestle Bendo. Nearly every Edgar takedown was because he caught a leg kick and forced Bendo down....and Bendo would get right back up before Edgar could take advantage of anything.

Compare that to Mike Swick catching a legkick and forcing a takedown....

No. Edgar did not and will never out-wrestle Bendo.

The more and more I hear that midget say, "It was controversial, I beat him...", the more and more I can't wait to watch Bendo maul him again. This time, the only controversy I want to hear about is, "Why did Bendo keep pounding on a clearly unconscious opponent."

The more and more I hear that midget say' date=' "It was controversial, I beat him...", the more and more I can't wait to watch Bendo maul him again. This time, the only controversy I want to hear about is, "Why did Bendo keep pounding on a clearly unconscious opponent."[/quote']

+1

The more and more I hear that midget say' date=' "It was controversial, I beat him...", the more and more I can't wait to watch Bendo maul him again. This time, the only controversy I want to hear about is, "Why did Bendo keep pounding on a clearly unconscious opponent."[/quote']

This ^

... Also getting to watch Frankie cry when Bendo gets his hand raised after the fight will

be very satisfying.

No more lame rematches for Frankie.

This ^

... Also getting to watch Frankie cry when Bendo gets his hand raised after the fight will

be very satisfying.

No more lame rematches for Frankie.

Exactly.

Edgar's *****ing and moaning after the first fight made me lose every ounce of respect I had for him.

I don't understand why Edgar thinks that his "footwork" (dancing around on the outside, not really accomplishing anything)) is impressive or that it should earn him victories.

Archived