Machida having pillowfists is a myth, correct?

MMAfan529

2009 called to tell you he was knocking people out years ago... yeah pillowfists is an appropriate term to describe Machida.

if thats the case all the people hes knocked out have glass chins. Interestingly though he knocked out a guy JON JONES COULDNT.

So really?

He's definitely no pillowfist but i don't believe he has true dynamite KO power like say Page of even Thiago. He's not really a heavy puncher but no less a KO artist because he does have all other elements like good form, balance, timing, speed, accuracy, coordination, non-telegraphic and unorthadox technique etc.

What he's really excellent at is controlling distance and baiting an opponent to overcommit thier center then he intercepts and uses thier own momentum against themselves which only adds that much more force to his own.

He's definitely no pillowfist but i don't believe he has true dynamite KO power like say Page of even Thiago. He's not really a heavy puncher but no less a KO artist because he does have all other elements like good form' date=' balance, timing, speed, accuracy, coordination, non-telegraphic and unorthadox technique etc.

[b']What he's really excellent at is controlling distance and baiting an opponent to overcommit thier center then he intercepts and uses thier own momentum against themselves which only adds that much more force to his own[/b].

It happened so fast that I didn't even see it live. I must have looked away for a split second because I just remember seeing Lyoto celebrate while Bader is completely unconscious.

If you walk into a counter it is like adding 30-50% more power that is not your own.Machida is a counter chicken.Also it is quite possible a fighter takes a jaw injury during a fight that people might not notice,you get a sore weak jaw,one more average hit can Ko you.

I don't know,it is funny how one win people are all over a guy.I don't remember prior to this fight, anyone mentioning that defeating Bader meant you were a great title contender.

Same thing for Shogun defeating Vera,how on earth did Dana come up with the notion that EITHER fight warranted a title shot?

if that alone does not spell a WEAK division,i don't know what more proof you need.

What is VERY funny is that Rashad a suppose number 2 ,is not in any of the picture,wtf?

On a better note YAY for Canada womens soccer :P

If you walk into a counter it is like adding 30-50% more power that is not your own.Machida is a counter chicken.Also it is quite possible a fighter takes a jaw injury during a fight that people might not notice' date='you get a sore weak jaw,one more average hit can Ko you.

I don't know,it is funny how one win people are all over a guy.[b']I don't remember prior to this fight, anyone mentioning that defeating Bader meant you were a great title contender.[/b]

Same thing for Shogun defeating Vera,how on earth did Dana come up with the notion that EITHER fight warranted a title shot?

if that alone does not spell a WEAK division,i don't know what more proof you need.

What is VERY funny is that Rashad a suppose number 2 ,is not in any of the picture,wtf?

On a better note YAY for Canada womens soccer :P

The best part was the marketing for Ryan Bader. They made it seem like he never fought Tito Ortiz and got slapped around and choked in under 2 minutes. In fact they never even mention it. Instead they made it seem like his only loss was to Jon Jones. They cover that and skip right past a 37 year old Tito Ortiz crushing him like a can. All of a sudden after his loss to Jones he's back to his winning ways. I'm surprised Tito didn't say something on twitter about not being acknowledged as a man that destroyed Ryan Bader.

If you walk into a counter it is like adding 30-50% more power that is not your own.Machida is a counter chicken.Also it is quite possible a fighter takes a jaw injury during a fight that people might not notice' date='you get a sore weak jaw,one more average hit can Ko you.

I don't know,it is funny how one win people are all over a guy.I don't remember prior to this fight, anyone mentioning that defeating Bader meant you were a great title contender.

On a better note YAY for Canada womens soccer :P[/quote']

Ohh so you have figured out the science of KO Power?? Good to know..... SMH

Lyoto-Machida-2.jpg

Archived