How long until the UFC puts Nick Newell on the prelims?

the_bear413

He's a hometown hero' date=' Springfield, MA 413 represent. Dana, get off your ***, make this happen.[/quote']

Yeah I'd totally watch a facebook prelim if he was on it.(I already watch the televised prelims anyways) He's looked impressive on every one of his fights on youtube.

I think he would be a big draw and an interesting story for the UFC, and gain a huge amount of fans.

As far as the competition is concerned, he can handle himself against all of the normal prelim lightweights that drop in and out of the ufc roster, he's a finisher. He'll have difficulties against top 10 guys if he doesnt up his game. But I think he has potential because he's extremely motivated and has that perseverance that makes a top 10 guy a top 10.

The nub might be a handicap, but it has some advantages such as the RNC offensive because there's no left hand to pry off, and defensively, he can wedge that nub right into any choke and create space. And obviously it's impossible to left side armbar and kimura him.

I think he should be signed immediately after he wins his title fight in whatever promotion he is in! Nick Newell in the UFC 2013!

who doesnt want to see the first ever nub knockout???!?!

I'd armbar that bum...

he'd nub choke you the **** out.

he's not good for a handicap, he's good for a fighter. I dont know why people put eddie alvarez(so many ****ing holes) and gilbert melendez(completely uncreative) on a pedestal when guys like Nick Newell are around.

I guess the UFC shouldn't discriminate against him but IMO he would be nothing more than a stunt to draw in more fans. I don't see the harm in giving him a low level guy to see if he can hang with the big boys, but I can't see that happening.

I guess the UFC shouldn't discriminate against him but IMO he would be nothing more than a stunt to draw in more fans. I don't see the harm in giving him a low level guy to see if he can hang with the big boys' date=' but I can't see that happening.[/quote']

I read on MMAJUNKIE a week or so ago that he was actually supposed to be a TUF cast member. The UFC was interested in bringing him in.

I read on MMAJUNKIE a week or so ago that he was actually supposed to be a TUF cast member. The UFC was interested in bringing him in.

Actually TUF would be a pretty good idea as they can now go into his background that mitch more. Cunning marketing ploy UFC.

Actually TUF would be a pretty good idea as they can now go into his background that mitch more. Cunning marketing ploy UFC.

Just found the article. But its on my phone. Says that he was going to be on TUF 13. But, they decided on doing Welterweights (he is a lightweight).

AV's are public' date=' so I can comment on them whenever I want, alright kiddo?[/quote']

Seems you are a tad inept ...

Try stick to the thread topic @ hand & IF you want to dribble on

about every other persons AV, make a thread about your feitsh of others AV's

in the Outside section.

Ok kiddo ?

It's really not that hard.

People playing fetch on a forum- that's a new one...

Anyways back on topic, who do you guys think Nick could beat or would have trouble with at LW?

I would have to say he could probably beat the lower level guys pretty easily, but I'm not sure how far he could climb the ladder.

Who would be a logical entry level match up for Notorious Nick?

People playing fetch on a forum- that's a new one...

Anyways back on topic' date=' who do you guys think Nick could beat or would have trouble with at LW?

I would have to say he could probably beat the lower level guys pretty easily, but I'm not sure how far he could climb the ladder.

Who would be a logical entry level match up for Notorious Nick?[/quote']

Its hard to tell when he hasn't beaten any notable competition. I think it would probably be best to let him in the next TUF lightweight show they have. It will give him exposure and it can gauge how he might do in the division.

Its hard to tell when he hasn't beaten any notable competition. I think it would probably be best to let him in the next TUF lightweight show they have. It will give him exposure and it can gauge how he might do in the division.

That's probably the best possible scenario, but with the LW division as stacked as it is, it really doesn't need another TUF. We probably won't see a LW TUF for quite a while because many of the other divisions need it way more.

It would be a great proving ground for him though.