Just re-watched Machida vs Thiago Silva

Abusername

When Lyoto's in his game as in countering and not rushing into anything like he did against Jones and Shogun' date=' he can beat anybody on any night. I believe he knows what he needs to do this time against Jones and will pick Jones apart.[/quote']

This. I also believe that fans need to prepare for a VERY slow, less-than-exciting matchup.

Machida is going to be much more tentative this time around, and he's going to work from the outside to pick his shots and wear JBJ down.

This. I also believe that fans need to prepare for a VERY slow' date=' less-than-exciting matchup.

Machida is going to be much more tentative this time around, and he's going to work from the outside to pick his shots and wear JBJ down.[/quote']

Maybe not TOO boring a fight, I doubt Jones could stand to hear the boos during one of his fights and would get aggressive on Machida.

[/quote=Abusername;2796059]LOL what a humiliating loss for Silva. He landed TWO strikes before getting KTFO. One was a kick to Lyotos leg as he was on his back.

The way Thiago fights is way to aggresive for someone like Machida, look what happened when he fought Gus he went in and got caught the first few moments of the fight. Hes one of my favorite fighters for that aggresion though

In the early days I thought Machida and Silva were going to be champions however while Machida has grown into the game and become excellent in many dimensions Silva has not and unfortunately just stayed a walk forward slugger who can be beaten with a good gameplan ( shame as he had potential )

well he did caught with the death punch, getting caught off guard in the up down is usually very bad.

And i think his back problems played a big part in why he fell over like he did. Either way Machida is timing machine, the straight he hit Bader with was brutal

Archived