Lil Nog calls out Shogun for TUF Brazil & Pride rematch

JonesyUK

MMAFANHQ Lil Nog calling for #TUFBrazil 2 coaching spot opposite of Rua. Would set up rematch of epic PrideFC bout. #MMA #UFC #TUF

20-5 Nogueira vs 21-6 Shogun as TUF Brazil coaches before a rematch of their 2005 Pride GP fight, which Shogun won via UD.

Machida would have of course been the better choice, but with him now awaiting the title shot, unless something happens like the winner of JBJ/Hendo gets injured OR Hendo beats JBJ and UFC rush to give Jones an immediate rematch, Machida is not gonna be available

After seeing this they may also be considering Big Nog, but not sure what other HW they would have him face that is Brazilian... Gonzaga maybe?

Shogun is a poster boy and model in Brazil though, so I think his exposure is all they will really need.

I think with most people knowing that Shogun is pretty much finished as a top 5 LHW now too, the side-show circus of TUF might be suitable for him along with a fight against a 35/36 year old Noguiera

After seeing this they may also be considering Big Nog' date=' but not sure what other HW they would have him face that is Brazilian... Gonzaga maybe?

Shogun is a poster boy and model in Brazil though, so I think his exposure is all they will really need.

I think with most people knowing that Shogun is pretty much finished as a top 5 LHW now too, the side-show circus of TUF might be suitable for him along with a fight against a 35/36 year old Noguiera[/quote']

Werdum? That's more of a relevant fight imo, and I think Fabricio trains at KINGS MMA or a gym with quite a few notables

Werdum? That's more of a relevant fight imo' date=' and I think Fabricio trains at KINGS MMA or a gym with quite a few notables[/quote']

Werdum is a much better choice!

I would like to see how the JDS situation plays out though, coz if he does get his wish to fight Overeem rather than Cain, Cain vs Werdum is the perfect no1 contenders fight :cool:

Archived