Deadliest Warrior feature film

DL4TRU_STRENGTH

If everyone gets to use all their toys - and its on the same field - I go with either SEAL's or spetz naz.

However, maybe they could make it interesting and divide according to modern & primitive?

All in all..I still say SEAL's. Ive worked with many of the worlds elite special forces - the only ones I'd say that would truly win are the Israelis "actual" black ops tier one unit - not the ones featured on the tv show that the SEAL's defeated.

If I had any input - I'd make it so that they started off fair and with the same weapons & conditions - then maybe have a final battle between the survivors with all their appropriate weapons.

it seems like its going to be really hard for them to try and make this fair as possible without giving modern technology the huge edge

If everyone gets to use all their toys - and its on the same field - I go with either SEAL's or spetz naz.

However' date=' maybe they could make it interesting and divide according to modern & primitive?

[b']All in all..I still say SEAL's. Ive worked with many of the worlds elite special forces - the only ones I'd say that would truly win are the Israelis "actual" black ops tier one unit - not the ones featured on the tv show that the SEAL's defeated.[/b]

What makes you say that?

it seems like its going to be really hard for them to try and make this fair as possible without giving modern technology the huge edge

If you consider how they did the first AVP - they took away the aliens guns so as to make it a more fair fight.

I presume if they do this they will have to do something similar, at least at first.

I personally think a mano-a mano with just basic weapons (sword, knife, spear, etc..) type competition would be good - and finish it with a final competition where they are able to either utilize more of their own weapons or specialty skills, and maybe even team up to defeat one primary badass..lol

Everytime I have watched this show I giggle at how they act like what they are saying and doing is accurate lol.

They watch thes guys play around with their toys, they make an assumption as to who's LOOKS more effective, Then they take into consideration many variables that are impossible to prove or know, run it through some simulation using fully assumed and innaccurate numbers, and it generates a winner.

That's show is as legitimate as Jersey Shore.

Everytime I have watched this show I giggle at how they act like what they are saying and doing is accurate lol.

They watch thes guys play around with their toys' date=' they make an assumption as to who's LOOKS more effective, Then they take into consideration many variables that are impossible to prove or know, run it through some simulation using fully assumed and innaccurate numbers, and it generates a winner.

That's show is as legitimate as Jersey Shore.[/quote']

Lol it's not that bad, it's fairly accurate on many accounts. Some swords are sharper than others, some shields are sturdier than others, etc. Some f the tests are bogus, but some if it is easy to tell which is better.

Lol it's not that bad' date=' it's fairly accurate on many accounts. Some swords are sharper than others, some shields are sturdier than others, etc. Some f the tests are bogus, but some if it is easy to tell which is better.[/quote']

Well of course so, but there are so many factors it's unbelievable.

It's like the episode of Shaolin monks vs. Polynesians. Despite having superior weaponry, far superior hand to hand skills the Polynesians won that based purely off their high level of aggressiveness. I laughed my butt off.

Aggressiveness against people who have trained tactics into their daily lives designed specifially to deal with the Monguls who were very similar to the Polynesians in aggressiveness and weaponry (Monguls actually had MUCH better ranged weaponry than Polynesians).

Shaolin monks were tailor made to defend themselves against people who fight like the Polynesians did. Add to that the fact that they had far superior weaponry, and well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how silly the show is.

That one alone was enough to fully discredit the show.

Then there are these:

Apaches winning over the Gladiators (I mean, I really just don't know about that lol)

Pirates winning over Knights (really? I mean really?????)

Well of course so' date=' but there are so many factors it's unbelievable.

It's like the episode of Shaolin monks vs. Polynesians. Despite having superior weaponry, far superior hand to hand skills the Polynesians won that based purely off their high level of aggressiveness. I laughed my butt off.

Aggressiveness against people who have trained tactics into their daily lives designed specifially to deal with the Monguls who were very similar to the Polynesians in aggressiveness and weaponry (Monguls actually had MUCH better ranged weaponry than Polynesians).

Shaolin monks were tailor made to defend themselves against people who fight like the Polynesians did. Add to that the fact that they had far superior weaponry, and well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how silly the show is.

That one alone was enough to fully discredit the show.[/quote']

Didn't the monks win? :confused:

Didn't the monks win? :confused:

I think you may be right, I know at one point that one became very controversial online discussion, and I would have sworn the discussion was confusion over the Maori winning that one. Something may have changed with it.

I think you may be right' date=' I know at one point that one became very controversial online discussion, and I would have sworn the discussion was confusion over the Maori winning that one. Something may have changed with it.[/quote']

Monks won. People just thought it would be an anihilation but the scripted video wasn't to their liking:rolleyes:

I think you may be right' date=' I know at one point that one became very controversial online discussion, and I would have sworn the discussion was confusion over the Maori winning that one. Something may have changed with it.[/quote']

Oh okay. I could have sworn the Monk won. I remember afterwards the Maori Warrior was like "of course they won, the computer is Chinese too" or something like that.

Oh okay. I could have sworn the Monk won. I remember afterwards the Maori Warrior was like "of course they won' date=' the computer is Chinese too" or something like that.[/quote']

Yeah I just youtubed it, Monks won, but that ending wasn't how I remember the ending the first time I watched it. It hardly looked the same.

That confuses me.

Well of course so' date=' but there are so many factors it's unbelievable.

That one alone was enough to fully discredit the show.

Then there are these:

Apaches winning over the Gladiators (I mean, I really just don't know about that lol)

Pirates winning over Knights (really? I mean really?????)[/quote']Pirates won because they had guns which tbh makes quite a lot of sense.

In the open land Apaches would destroy a Gladiator it wouldn't even be close, however in an arena the Gladiator would win more often then not.

Oh okay. I could have sworn the Monk won. I remember afterwards the Maori Warrior was like "of course they won' date=' the computer is Chinese too" or something like that.[/quote']

Yeah that made me lol. The other argument was that because the monks trained all day every day it would be a walkover completely dismissing anyother form of martial arts the polynesians did even though their culture of war amongst the tribes meant they were also trained to fight as soon as they could walk in a style that was suited to their time

Pirates won because they had guns which tbh makes quite a lot of sense.

In the open land Apaches would destroy a Gladiator it wouldn't even be close' date=' however in an arena the Gladiator would win more often then not.[/quote']

The reason I don't care for the show is the matchups are strange to say the least, and often the terrain chose in simulation favors one side or the other. There is just too many variables involved, and too much opinion involved for it to make and sense.

I just can't take it seriously.

Yeah that made me lol. The other argument was that because the monks trained all day every day it would be a walkover completely dismissing anyother form of martial arts the polynesians did even though their culture of war amongst the tribes meant they were also trained to fight as soon as they could walk in a style that was suited to their time

I must have walked off after the opinion section of that show is the reason I was of the mind set that Maori won.

The Monks style, and the fact that they often are trained in at minimum of 18 different martial weapons gives them a HUGE advantage. And considering the styles were specifically developed around the smaller chinese fighters taking on the larger and more barbaric head on style of the Monguls.

Like I said, they were taylor made to destroy fighters like the Maori.

I must have walked off after the opinion section of that show is the reason I was of the mind set that Maori won.

The Monks style' date=' and the fact that they often are trained in at minimum of 18 different martial weapons gives them a HUGE advantage. And considering the styles were specifically developed around the smaller chinese fighters taking on the larger and more barbaric head on style of the Monguls.

Like I said, they were taylor made to destroy fighters like the Maori.[/quote']

Hard to say really. Tactically the maori never came straight at opponents and instead were more likely to try ambush or stealth raids on their neighbouring tribes. Those same tactics meant the british had more casualties during the New Zealand wars even with superior numbers and firepower

The reason I don't care for the show is the matchups are strange to say the least' date=' and often the terrain chose in simulation favors one side or the other. There is just too many variables involved, and too much opinion involved for it to make and sense.

I just can't take it seriously.[/quote']

I know what you mean and they kind of cover their asses with how many simulations they run(which I assume covers different terrains and distances). Don't read too much into the final simulation though. Pure Hollywood bs, no substance

I know what you mean and they kind of cover their asses with how many simulations they run(which I assume covers different terrains and distances). Don't read too much into the final simulation though. Pure Hollywood bs' date=' no substance[/quote']

Yep.

When I do watch it, it's primarily to see experts demonstrate differing weaponry and it's uses for the timeframe it was used. Some of that is interesting from a historical perspecting.

Guys, c'mon - it's an effing tv show - not a documentary! lol

Of course there will be a ton of inaccuracies and variables that they cannot truly account for.

Let me just say this, no two combat situations are the same, and no to warriors are the same. Some guys are true bad asses, and some barely get by. They play to what people wanna see and try to combine it with some common sense testing. Beyond that - it's all speculation & hypothetical gaming.

I will say this though, a guy whom I knew back in SF was heavily into medieval weaponry and laughed at alot of the simulations of swords & axes and said they weren't even close to an effective use of those things.

Archived