After Diego Sanchez I never thought BJ Penn would lose his belt.

RogerJones620

Edgar knocked all the heart and confidence out of him.

BJ is so used to dominating an opponent that when Edgar pulled out a perfect gameplan BJ lost it.

In the rematch i think it is in the 2nd round when Edgar scored a sweet leg trip takedown you seen BJ's heart and confidence go flying out of him.

All it takes to beat BJ Penn is a decent striker/ good wrestler and he has big problems especially up against a smart fighter.

i know what you mean' date=' frankie robbbed him, and then frankie outworked him....downward from there...

bj needs to concentrate and go down to 155 where he is a beast, and i think he can make another run at the title[/quote']

He;s old, fat, unmotivated and has a record of like 15-8-2, has been out for over a year?

All this talk of BJ Penn making runs for titles, I doubt he can even run around the cage once without gassing...

i know what you mean' date=' frankie robbbed him, and then frankie outworked him....downward from there...

bj needs to concentrate and go down to 155 where he is a beast, and i think he can make another run at the title[/quote']

unfortunately i dont think he would beat Edgar, Bendo, Diaz or Cerrone. those are some of the few on top of the division at the moment.

And he would have to get through one of the 4 to even get a title shot imo. Then he would have to beat one of them for the title and i don't see that happening.

Honestly i can only really see him being a stepping stone for newer talent now. Beat BJ you are onto something big but lose and start again!

BJ is a legend of the sport but his lack of dedication and his silly belief that he can beat anybody with out the proper preparation is his downfall

frankie didnt rob penn, frankie earned that title fro9m penn, penn robbed himself by lack of motivation and crumbling under preasure.

I to thought bj penn was gonig to be pretty much unstoppable after the diego fight. I remember a poll around that time on which UFC chanp would loose thier belt first and bj was not in the top 2 just before the Edgar fight. I think most fans thoguht edgar was going to be an easy fight for penn and alot where looking past edgar and thinking about the maynard vs penn fight that never happened. People at the time were saying the division needed new fighters like Ayoki because there was no challenge for penn at 155 in UFC. Guess they were seriously wrong.

penn has the tools to beat nate, nates takedown defense isnt all that great and penn is much stronger at 155. He could out wrestle Nate and most likely control him on the ground and possibly attempt a submission. Certainly not an easy fight. I dont think nate has as good boxing as nick i also think his TDD isnt as good but nate does have imo the better ground game over his brother. Penn however is a very good submissio artist i mean he went to a draw with fitch in a grappling match pretty much and i doubt either of the diaz brothers could do that.

Beno would be a tough fight for BJ, bendo could take bj down rather easily but bendo could not take the punches that bj throws like he did with edgar, would be an interesting fight but i think bendo would win it because the fight would be so fast paced after round 3 bj would be exhausted. I think bj could take cerrone.

It is simply a case of not recognizing talent or lack and weaknesses in fighters.The UFC and MMA in general is full of one dimensional fighters,if you can get past that ONE dilemma you most likely got that guy beat.

IMO Penn NEVER looked good,people got excited over the most ridiculous things like hopping around on one leg or using a rubber guard.BOTH of those goofy antics do NOT win you fights.

Sure Penn beat a dominant Hughes but so did GSP,it takes a little know how is all,you need to see that guys weakness.

Even right now GSP looks dominant,he has a ton of holes,he is VERY beatable,one day people will be wondering how.

Silva has how many wins?He has ALWAY been weak to take downs,that is how he lost the first couple times,just luckily he has fought so many dumb fighters ,he has been able to pad his record.

As of this moment the one fighter who looks the toughest to beat is Jones,but he is beatable,he has skinny legs,that is the key.No reason you shouldn't be able to scoop his legs up and toss him down or kick the crap out of them.Foot stomps so many ways to fight him.You stand 4 feet away from him and do nothing but wait,then ya you are asking to lose.

It is simply a case of not recognizing talent or lack and weaknesses in fighters.The UFC and MMA in general is full of one dimensional fighters' date='if you can get past that ONE dilemma you most likely got that guy beat.

IMO Penn NEVER looked good,people got excited over the most ridiculous things like hopping around on one leg or using a rubber guard.BOTH of those goofy antics do NOT win you fights.

Sure Penn beat a dominant Hughes but so did GSP,it takes a little know how is all,you need to see that guys weakness.

Even right now GSP looks dominant,he has a ton of holes,he is VERY beatable,one day people will be wondering how.

Silva has how many wins?He has ALWAY been weak to take downs,that is how he lost the first couple times,just luckily he has fought so many dumb fighters ,he has been able to pad his record.

As of this moment the one fighter who looks the toughest to beat is Jones,but he is beatable,he has skinny legs,that is the key.No reason you shouldn't be able to scoop his legs up and toss him down or kick the crap out of them.Foot stomps so many ways to fight him.You stand 4 feet away from him and do nothing but wait,then ya you are asking to lose.[/quote']

so in short what you are saying is that all fighters suck? The ones on winning streaks sucks (but nobody know yet) and the other suck cause they dont understand how o beat everyone...

My guess is that you hvae never been in a pro MMA fight.. If you had, you would understand that this is not a videogame and "figuring" out someones style is not like learning a combo in Street Fighter..

so in short what you are saying is that all fighters suck? The ones on winning streaks sucks (but nobody know yet) and the other suck cause they dont understand how o beat everyone...

My guess is that you hvae never been in a pro MMA fight.. If you had' date=' you would understand that this is not a videogame and "figuring" out someones style is not like learning a combo in Street Fighter..[/quote']

This is just zaksame coming into another non GSP related thread to suck GSP's **** with all the enthusiasm of a vietnamese prostitute. He does this in EVERY goddam thread

Archived