Velasquez to JDS: You gotta get through me first..

cruz2990

i think Cain will be more of a test in this remathc than overeem would of been. I reckon the easy fight would be overeem i think JDS really cant loose in astandup fight and theres no way cain is going to try to test the waters in the standup again hes gonig to pursue the takedown straight away and if he gets jds down it may very well be the end of the fight.

I also think cain would defeat overeem, i reckon overeem is rank 3 heavy weight.

JDS already went thru Cain.

In 1 min.

with a torn Miniscus.

on national TV.

But there's no reason to wait for Overeem. It'll screw up the HW division.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the article.

Cain: You gotta get through me first.

Everyone: Uh, dude, he already went right through you.

That said, I think JDS v. Velasquez II is an intriguing bout. I doubt it will be a repeat of the first, and I think we'll see a much more competitive fight this time around.

I'm also glad that Cain is acknowledging that JDS isn't ducking him; he just knows that he and JDS have mutual respect whereas JDS thinks Overeem is a toolbox.

Why would JDS be ducking a guy he KO'd in a minute??

Long layoff or not' date=' there's a really huge chance that it might happen again, even you Cain fanboys need to realise that...[/quote']

There's a huge chance JDS will land another lucky punch to the back of the head?

There's a huge chance JDS will land another lucky punch to the back of the head?

Nice try...

A guy who hurts everybody with his hands isn't exactly what I would call a lucky puncher:D

He connected once really good in that fight in the first 2 minutes, it might take him 5, 10 or 15 minutes next time but he'll connect again sooner or later.

Cain shot for a TD in their first fight but JDS kept his distance and stuffed it with ease, I wouldn't be suprised if he can't even take JDS down and he'll be too scared to stand with JDS, so this does not look good for Cain.

Nice try...

A guy who hurts everybody with his hands isn't exactly what I would call a lucky puncher:D

He connected once really good in that fight in the first 2 minutes' date=' it might take him 5, 10 or 15 minutes next time but he'll connect again sooner or later.[/quote']

That is going to be hard to do while he is on his back......:cool:

He didnt even go for 1 take down in the first fight what are you talking about.

Yeah, he did, I just rewatched the fight, it was so half-assed and JDS shrugged it off so easily it didn't even seem like it but he went for it

Just rewatch the fight it's not like it's that long anyway...:cool:

JDS already went thru Cain.

In 1 min.

with a torn Miniscus.

on national TV.

But there's no reason to wait for Overeem. It'll screw up the HW division.

Serra went through GSP as well,most realized just a fluke.If Cain brings his take downs and NOTHING more ,JDS will be in a heal of trouble.JDS knows he is a title holder on borrowed time,that is why he fights chicken,waiting to counter all the time.If he engages he is automatically the underdog.

Yeah' date=' he did, I just rewatched the fight, it was so half-assed and JDS shrugged it off so easily it didn't even seem like it but he went for it

Just rewatch the fight it's not like it's that long anyway...:cool:[/quote']

No he did not it was off of one of JDS kicks he never actually went for a takedown which was a big mistake he should of tried to take him down. In the next fight if and when he gets the take down that will change the whole fight. Just wait and see that is all I got to say.

No he did not it was off of one of JDS kicks he never actually went for a takedown which was a big mistake he should of tried to take him down. In the next fight if and when he gets the take down that will change the whole fight. Just wait and see that is all I got to say.

cain is still gotten to.

So him trying to take down JDS isn't a take down?

Ok...

Serra went through GSP as well' date='most realized just a fluke.If Cain brings his take downs and NOTHING more ,JDS will be in a heal of trouble.JDS knows he is a title holder on borrowed time,that is why he fights chicken,waiting to counter all the time.If he engages he is automatically the underdog.[/quote']

^^^ this guy knows what he is talking about take notes noobs......:cool:

Haha shin you really love ameriCain. You should be happy he wants to fight JDS' date=' that's the only fight he'll get KTFO. He'd probably beat every other HW.[/quote']

Ha, yeah I loathe AmeriCAN ... I'd love for him to fight Cigano again

so I could laugh @ him getting KTFO again...

BUT he doesnt deserve another shot yet IMO.

Ha' date=' yeah I loathe AmeriCAN ... I'd love for him to fight Cigano again

so I could laugh @ him getting KTFO again...

BUT he doesnt deserve another shot yet IMO.[/quote']

true he doesn't deserve it, he's only getting it because there is no one else at the moment.

true he doesn't deserve it' date=' he's only getting it because there is no one else at the moment.[/quote']

Pretty much ^ which sux.

Plus the UFC want to exploit the Mexican market for everything its worth.

I wish Hunt wasnt injured.

Maybe they could look @ a guy like Browne to fight JDS ? Unlikely though.

Pretty much ^ which sux.

Plus the UFC want to exploit the Mexican market for everything its worth.

I wish Hunt wasnt injured.

Maybe they could look @ a guy like Browne to fight JDS ? Unlikely though.

Browne didn't beat anyone relevant so far to deserve a shot. Browne vs Werdum would be a very nice matchup imo.

As much as i think Cain can win and should win,he blew his chance.He should think before he goes into a fight next time.What kind of training and insight did he have going into the fight last time?I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how JDS fights and yet Cain fought right into JDS's strength,i say he deserves a long wait for being so dumb.

Reem has proven with his total annihilation of the one time thought untouchable Brock.Reem is a very sloppy fighter but his power alone would have JDS running/avoiding more than he usually does.Sloppy versus one dimensional definitely an interesting fight.

Cain should fight the up n comer Browne ,then give him another chance to go in with some game plan,some actual planning and heck maybe even some knowledge on how to keep your hands high.

This is bullsh**, he needs to fight cain first. Yes we all know cain got ko'd in what seemed like an easy fight, but i'm not convinced its more than a lucky punch. Cain was undefeated before that and ran through silva. Those who bring up his fight with kongo should know that kongo is not a small man which only proves that cain CAN take a punch.

Tbh i'd rather see reem vs jds, but thats not an option till next year, blame reem for that. There's no way a champ should be sitting on his title while theres credible contenders waiting. It's also a sad statement for the future of the sport if trash talking can change fight match ups.

This is bullsh**' date=' he needs to fight cain first. Yes we all know cain got ko'd in what seemed like an easy fight, but i'm not convinced its more than a lucky punch. Cain was undefeated before that and ran through silva. Those who bring up his fight with kongo should know that kongo is not a small man which only proves that cain CAN take a punch.

Tbh i'd rather see reem vs jds, but thats not an option till next year, blame reem for that. There's no way a champ should be sitting on his title while theres credible contenders waiting. It's also a sad statement for the future of the sport if trash talking can change fight match ups.[/quote']

YES! Now someone tell Silva to get up and defend his title soon!

Archived