why dont people share the love?

mmafan73

People always bash christianity and how awful it is for its beliefs about gay marriage, and sin and how the world came to be....

what about islam? judaism? buddhism?

wheres the hate for them? where are the funny memes for them? where are the scientists trying to prove them wrong with just as ludacris claims?

i seriously would like to know....

People always bash christianity and how awful it is for its beliefs about gay marriage' date=' and sin and how the world came to be....

what about islam? muslims? judaism? buddhism?

wheres the hate for them? where are the funny memes for them? where are the scientists trying to prove them wrong with just as[b'] ludacris claims[/b]?

i seriously would like to know....

What have I claimed ???

5479aa91ae4ca401c485e4f93796fb00.jpg

Well, first of all Muslim is not a religion. People who practice the religion of Islam are called Muslims. I would venture to say that they do catch as much flack as Christians. Judaism share the attacks with Christianity since a lot of their stories are shared/borrowed/stolen whatever term you wish to use. Buddhism is attacked less, however.

Here is that meme you wanted. They are actually quite funny.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lejxfjwenz1qbr9vjo1_500.jpg

Well' date=' first of all Muslim is not a religion. People who practice the religion of Islam are called Muslims. I would venture to say that they do catch as much flack as Christians. Judaism share the attacks with Christianity since a lot of their stories are shared/borrowed/stolen whatever term you wish to use. Buddhism is attacked less, however.

Here is that meme you wanted. They are actually quite funny.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lejxfjwenz1qbr9vjo1_500.jpg[/quote']

oh and my bad on the muslim thing, my mistake and stupid error

that is not a meme or joke attacking islam, that is attacking middle eastern people and making fun of the stereotypes of being a terrorist....

oh and my bad on the muslim thing' date=' my mistake and stupid error

[b']that is not a meme or joke attacking islam, that is attacking middle eastern people and making fun of the stereotypes of being a terrorist....[/b]

Fair enough. I took it as a satirical take on the stance of suicide bombing, which is religiously motivated, (the whole 40 virgins thing that a portion of radical Muslims believe in) but I can see how it can be interpreted in other ways.

How about a de-motivational picture?

islam-peace-poster.jpg

Edit: I am truly struggling to find a buddhist picture lol. Perhaps they receive less because they are a minority among the five major religions of Judaism, Islam, Christianity, and Hinduism?

Fair enough. I took it as a satirical take on the stance of suicide bombing' date=' which is religiously motivated, (the whole 40 virgins thing that a portion of radical Muslims believe in) but I can see how it can be interpreted in other ways.

How about a de-motivational picture?

[img']http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xk9N52yiJ5I/TgKl5GRtjBI/AAAAAAAAAWo/yha0etkyqMk/s1600/islam-peace-poster.jpg[/img]

Edit: I am truly struggling to find a buddhist picture lol. Perhaps they receive less because they are a minority among the five major religions of Judaism, Islam, Christianity, and Hinduism?

a bit better yes

im talking in general not just in the forum' date=' im talking about everywhere[/quote']

With respects to the forum

Islamists are too busy planning their Jihad and defending their countries from the Americans

The Judaic people are too busy making the islamists look bad in the media and buying up all of the worlds property

Buddhist don't really use computers

I'm kidding btw.

Or am I

Well just to continue the conversation. There are many legitimate criticisms to make, and have been made, of religions other than Christianity.

Hinduism's enforcement of the caste system and the general treatment of the untouchables is deplorable. There is also the historic burning of wives once their husbands died, which is another atrocity. I think these have become less common, however. Ghandi did a lot to change the mindset.

Islam, well, I don't think I need to make clear the actions some of their more radical practitioners. Right now I would say they are receiving the brunt of the general populations ire.

As to why it might be felt that Christianity and Judaism is attacked most often. I think it is in part due to them being in the majority and generally non-violent towards its critics.

Edit: I should make an official not that the practice of Sati was banned sometime in the 1800s. But there are still occasionally instances.

Well just to continue the conversation. There are many legitimate criticisms to make' date=' and have been made, of religions other than Christianity.

Hinduism's enforcement of the caste system and the general treatment of the untouchables is deplorable. There is also the historic burning of wives once their husbands died, which is another atrocity. I think these have become less common, however. Ghandi did a lot to change the mindset.

Islam, well, I don't think I need to make clear the actions some of their more radical practitioners. Right now I would say they are receiving the brunt of the general populations ire.

As to why it might be felt that Christianity and Judaism is attacked most often. I think it is in part due to them being in the majority and [b']generally non-violent towards its critics[/b].

so ppl attakc them the most cuz they dnt attack back...makes sense

sad to see that in the world...

so ppl attakc them the most cuz they dnt attack back...makes sense

sad to see that in the world...

Well, attack is a hyperbole on my part. Criticism is not violent by nature. So I don't think it is fair to say Christians are being attacked, but, yes, that a Christian or a Jew are less likely to threaten violence against the non-believers and other believers likely plays a part.

Think of it this way. Burn a Bible you'll get hate mail. Burn a Koran it is more likely, though not always, violence will be employed.

The Christian proselytization also plays a role in earning ire as well. They are the only religion really called to spread their word. And that can cause some understandable annoyance from those that do not want to hear it.

Edit: Post #666 how cool is that lol?

I dislike all organized religions equally. Religion is one part business and one part mind control.

I'm a deist BTW. I believe in a God/higher power, but not the Christian version with the smiting and the rest of what is written in the Bible. My God doesn't get offended that easily, lol. I was raised strict Baptist, but never really drank the kool-aid. Some famous deists: Abe Lincoln, Aristotle, Ben Franklin, Adam Smith, George Washington, Isaac Newton, John Locke, James Madison, Leonardo da Vinci, Mark Twain, Thomas Edison, Thomas Jefferson, Voltaire, Thomas Paine, Werner Heisenberg, Cicero.

From a guy who lives in a Bhuddist country I will say this. Why does every Taxi driver think he is uber religious and have to grow his pinky finger nail long? It's dirty and ugly. But... Buddah was suposed to have all his fingers the same length so they grown their nail to show they wish they were like him.

True story

Well just to continue the conversation. There are many legitimate criticisms to make' date=' and have been made, of religions other than Christianity.

As to why it might be felt that Christianity and Judaism is attacked most often. I think it is in part due to them being in the majority and generally non-violent towards its critics.

Edit: I should make an official not that the practice of Sati was banned sometime in the 1800s. But there are still occasionally instances.[/quote']

The caste system is not exclusive to Hinduism in India, or even to India, but yes, the Hindu's have a history of enforcing it. It is also doubtful they created it in India.

It is however, an aspct of their faith regarding the belief in reincarnation, and if you are dutiful in this life, you'll be born again with a higher social standing.

And this is definitely not exclusive to Hinduism - every religion focuses on subduing, exploiting, or controlling general masses by some sort of hierarchy.

The caste system is not exclusive to Hinduism in India' date=' or even to India, but yes, the Hindu's have a history of enforcing it. It is also doubtful they created it in India.

It is however, an aspct of their faith regarding the belief in reincarnation, and if you are dutiful in this life, you'll be born again with a higher social standing.

And this is definitely not exclusive to Hinduism - every religion focuses on subduing, exploiting, or controlling general masses by some sort of hierarchy.[/quote']

You are correct the caste system is not exclusive. It would probably be impossible to pin point exactly where the idea of a caste system began originally. Almost as difficult as it might be to pin point where Hinduism began. If I recall correctly its own practitioners do not know either and choose to say it is as old as mankind itself, a claim I find dubious at best, but that is another point entirely.

My point regarding the Hinduism's use of the caste system is that it is religiously motivated and thus opens the religion of Hinduism up for criticism. I felt that is what the OP was trying start a discussion about. Criticisms of other religions rather than the big three (Christianity, Judaism, Islam) so to speak.

As to your last point. Absolutely! Religion has always been used in such ways. Such an institution cannot exist without a significant amount practitioners.

Lol @ the Christian upset and wanting to see other faiths attacked...how very Christian of you :rolleyes:

Listen, all you religious crackpots are filth but at least I can respect the Muslims and the Jews and the Buddhists because practice what they preach. Muslims will die in the name of their god, Jews don't eat bacon and Buddhism is more of a philosophy rather than a religion and from my experience they tend to be gentle peaceful folks. But Christians are the absolute worst! Worst hypocrites, most intolerant, most hateful, most racist, most corrupt and the absolute opposite of everything that Christ proclaimed to be. Much like our spiteful little friend the OP here.

People always bash christianity and how awful it is for its beliefs about gay marriage' date=' and sin and how the world came to be....

what about islam? judaism? buddhism?

wheres the hate for them? where are the funny memes for them? where are the scientists trying to prove them wrong with just as ludacris claims?

i seriously would like to know....[/quote']

First of all, there is no hate.

Second of all, because those other religions are not as prominent in the western world and such do not pose that big of a direct threat to equal rights.

Lol @ the Christian upset and wanting to see other faiths attacked...how very Christian of you :rolleyes:

Listen' date=' all you religious crackpots are filth but at least I can respect the Muslims and the Jews and the Buddhists because practice what they preach. Muslims will die in the name of their god, Jews don't eat bacon and Buddhism is more of a philosophy rather than a religion and from my experience they tend to be gentle peaceful folks. But Christians are the absolute worst! Worst hypocrites, most intolerant, most hateful, most racist, most corrupt and the absolute opposite of everything that Christ proclaimed to be. Much like our spiteful little friend the OP here.[/quote']

I agree with you in some parts and disagree with some other parts of this post. There are a lot of hypocritical Christians in this forum. However, that doesn't mean that most Christians are hateful. Some are and some are not. Same thing with Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and any other religion you can think of. Some people are hypocritical or hateful of others, themselves and of their stances on life no matter what religion they feel they are affiliated to.

I agree with you in some parts and disagree with some other parts of this post. There are a lot of hypocritical Christians in this forum. However' date=' that doesn't mean that most Christians are hateful. Some are and some are not. Same thing with Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and any other religion you can think of. Some people are hypocritical or hateful of others, themselves and of their stances on life no matter what religion they feel they are affiliated to.[/quote']

Do you not find Athiests just as hateful and hypocritical as any religious organization? I see it all the time. It's getting to the point that if you make a Christian comment anywhere, here comes the herd of Athiest Lemmings yelling.

"YOU CLOSE MINDED RETARD! YOU PEOPLE HATE SO MUCH!! BLAH BLAH BLAH! I WISH YOU CLOSE MINDED RETARDS WOULD JUST OFF YOURSELVES!. I BET YOU CHRISTIANS WANT TO KILL GAYS, STONE ******, AND KILL ALL ANTI CHRISTIAN BABIES!!! RHAAAAAA! RANT RANT RANT!"

Not realizing that the hate they just threw out is equally as bad as the hate they like to label religious people with.

But in their minds somehow their opinions and hate is justifiable so that makes it all ok. It's ok for liberals and athiests to be as hateful, hypocritical, and venomous to whomever they choose, but when it comes back on them, they act shocked and butthurt that someone disagrees with them and can point out that they are equally as bad or sometimes worse than the people they are attacking.

All they ever have to argue against us with is hatefulness and insults. It's really quite silly actually. But I do enjoy watching them be all high and mighty like they are better than everyone else while being at least equally as bad. It's hilarious.

Do you not find Athiests just as hateful and hypocritical as any religious organization? I see it all the time. It's getting to the point that if you make a Christian comment anywhere' date=' here comes the herd of Athiest Lemmings yelling.

"YOU CLOSE MINDED RETARD! YOU PEOPLE HATE SO MUCH!! BLAH BLAH BLAH! I WISH YOU CLOSE MINDED RETARDS WOULD JUST OFF YOURSELVES!. I BET YOU CHRISTIANS WANT TO KILL GAYS, STONE ******, AND KILL ALL ANTI CHRISTIAN BABIES!!! RHAAAAAA! RANT RANT RANT!"

Not realizing that the hate they just threw out is equally as bad as the hate they like to label religious people with.

But in their minds somehow their opinions and hate is justifiable so that makes it all ok. It's ok for liberals and athiests to be as hateful, hypocritical, and venomous to whomever they choose, but when it comes back on them, they act shocked and butthurt that someone disagrees with them and can point out that they are equally as bad or sometimes worse than the people they are attacking.

All they ever have to argue against us with is hatefulness and insults. It's really quite silly actually. But I do enjoy watching them be all high and mighty like they are better than everyone else while being at least equally as bad. It's hilarious.[/quote']

I see it all the time too. That was the point I was trying to make. You see people being hateful and hypocritical all the time - it doesn't matter what religious affiliation they belong to or don't belong to. It's sad how people are, but what makes it even worse is when people start grouping the bad people together and that is how you view that group.

There's plenty of good Christians, good Jews, good Muslims, good Buddhists, good Hindus, good Agnostics, good Atheists. There's also plenty of bad people in all the groups. But, that's an issue with those particular people. They would've been hateful and moronic whether they were in any religious organization or whether they were not in any religious organization.

There's plenty of good Christians' date=' good Jews, good Muslims, good Buddhists, good Hindus, good Agnostics, good Atheists. There's also plenty of bad people in all the groups. But, that's an issue with those particular people. They would've been hateful and moronic whether they were in any religious organization or whether they were not in any religious organization.[/quote']

The fact that so many judge the whole by the actions of the few is what bothers me. I've actually seen Athiests using the Westborough Baptist Church as an example of why Christianity is bad and accusing all Christians of beling like them, and thats about as far from the truth as you can possibly get.

Like you said, everyone has their goods, everyone has their bads. Anyone judging the good by the bad is purely ignorant.

Archived