LOL at Davis Going From Fox Main Event to FX Prelims - Card Official

tuf1_

FX cards are always 'shallow' so to speak, usually filled with newcomers and guys coming off losses.

But yeah, I was just looking at the card and was surprised at the main card choice:

MAIN CARD (FX)

Travis Browne vs. Antonio Silva

Rob Broughton vs. Matt Mitrione

John Dodson vs. Jussier Formiga - WTF?

Josh Neer vs. Justin Edwards - WTF?

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)

Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado

Mike Pierce vs. Aaron Simpson

Marcus LeVesseur vs. Carlo Prater

Louis Gaudinot vs. Darren Uyenoyama

Diego Nunes vs. Bart Palaszewski

Surely you would have Davis/Prado, Pierce/Simpson or Nunes/Bartimus on the main card instead of Dodson/Formiga and Neer/Edwards :confused:

Any other combination of these^ two fights would be better, preferably Browne vs Meathead and Broughton vs Silva

As it stands now Bigfoot will probably get KO'd in the 1st and Broughton will lay on Meathead for 3 rounds.

Dodson and Jussier makes sense to put on main card. Dodson won TUF and this is probably No.1 contender for Benavidez and Johnson.

Also the should put Davis and Prado on the Toronto card, but instead of that fight taken place they should setup

Phil Davis vs. Matt Hamill, and Wagner Prado vs. Roger Hollett. The fights stylistically make sense. Also the Hamill and Davis fight could be added to the main card with the lack of main card fight available.

Dodson and Jussier makes sense to put on main card. Dodson won TUF and this is probably No.1 contender for Benavidez and Johnson.

Also the should put Davis and Prado on the Toronto card' date=' but instead of that fight taken place they should setup

Phil Davis vs. Matt Hamill, and Wagner Prado vs. Roger Hollett. The fights stylistically make sense. Also the Hamill and Davis fight could be added to the main card with the lack of main card fight available.[/quote']

I wouldn't say it's a #1 contender match, but the winner should fight Moraga next who looked really good.

FX cards are always 'shallow' so to speak' date=' usually filled with newcomers and guys coming off losses.

But yeah, I was just looking at the card and was surprised at the main card choice:

MAIN CARD (FX)

John Dodson vs. Jussier Formiga - WTF?

Josh Neer vs. Justin Edwards - WTF?

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)

Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado

Mike Pierce vs. Aaron Simpson

Marcus LeVesseur vs. Carlo Prater

Louis Gaudinot vs. Darren Uyenoyama

Diego Nunes vs. Bart Palaszewski

Surely you would have Davis/Prado, Pierce/Simpson or Nunes/Bartimus on the main card instead of Dodson/Formiga and Neer/Edwards :confused:[/quote']

I think Dodson vs da Silva is definitely worthy (don't know why it's Formiga on here) but Broughton vs Mitirione is definitnely an undercard fight

They bump dudes up and down a lot. Guillard went from 1st fight main card against Lauzon, used that loss to spring his way into the main event against Miller. He was then promptly dropped onto the prelims to fight some bum whose name I already forgot, his lackluster performance coupled with his questionable cardio got him a decision win and sprung him back into co main event status against Cowboy next week.

I believe it is a simple case of not wanting to pay him,so keep him on the low.Soon they put him on the main ,his camp might be asking for more money.Plus Dana is probably worried Davis will put on a boring fight,so he is hiding him on the prelims.

Most are interested in Browne,Silva could be a serious problem for him.This will be a legit test to see where Browne stands right now.I have ZERO interest in Dodson,Neer is at least a decent fighter.

I still don't understand people's confusion about "stacking" the prelims. It works the same with the PPV. They HAVE to put good fights on the prelims to get the ratings for FX or FOX higher, as well as the PPV buys. It will be commonplace to see great fights on the prelims and questionable ones on the main card - given what the UFC has to work with at the time.

Archived