Nobody calling out Maynard.

UFCCagerattler

^bad matchup for Lauzon imo. Maynard via decision. and also not sure if Lauzon deserves a top 5 opponent just yet. He just got KO'd by a top ten (Pettis) and barely got back in the win column.

On the flip side it would be a huge opportunity for Lauzon to capitalize on and would throw him right in the mix with a win over maynard.

Lets see here' date='

Do I call out Maynard to get a fight with no drawing power?

Or do I call out someone exciting that will pull major bread?

Tough decision[/quote']

The real question is "Do I build a padded record of cans?" or "Do I try and get a legit win over a top fighter in Maynard?". Most go for the first option.

Lets see here' date='

Do I call out Maynard to get a fight with no drawing power?

Or do I call out someone exciting that will pull major bread?

Tough decision[/quote']

I can see this argument.

As a business decision it makes sense.

But strictly from a fighting standpoint anyone who wants to be a serious contender in this weight class is going to have to face him sooner or later.

I think most of them get killed.

Just because Frankie can stand in there with him doesn;t mean any of these lesser fighters can do it.

Lauzon vs Maynard

This! Maynard may have one of the best resumes at 155 with wins over Edgar, Diaz, Guida, Siver, Miller, Florian but he just recently got knocked out in his SECOND title shot and had a luck luster decision over Clay " Running Scared " Guida. It's not time to push him as a contender, despite being good enough to be one, I feel like Cain, Sonnen, Faber, Machida, Koscheck and so on never really earned their title shot and I think it's ridiculous how the UFC hands out title shots with such bias.

Maynard vs Lauzon makes a lot of sense, if he wins impressively Maynard will be 1 or 2 wins away from a shot, depending on who he faces and how the title picture plays out. After his performance over Guida he really showed us nothing to be interested in thinking of him as a contender, slooowwww down let him earn his THIRD CHANCE.

Archived