Who should replace Kos against Ellenberger?

JonesyUK

We should assume at the moment that although Siyar Bahadurzada would be a popular choice, he aint gonna be ready for September 1st, therefore here are the healthy viable options:

James Head: 2-1 in his first 3 UFC fights, currently coming off wins over Abedi and Ebersole. Would be a big step up in competition for Head, but he has got to at some point right!

Mike Swick: Coming off that impressive KO of Johnson at 149, he appeared to come out healthy, all though we will have to wait to see the official medical suspensions. Prior to his illness, he fought in a title eliminator fight which he lost to Hardy, so he has the credentials to step up to Ellenbergers level

Matt Brown: On a current 3 fight winstreak and known for taking fights on short notice. He may not be the right choice rankings wise, but Brown always brings it ensuring a good fight

Mike Pyle: Yes it would be a rematch of their Jan 2010 fight which Jake won via KO, but Pyle is 5-1 since with only a loss to Rory Mac and making headway into the top ten.

BJ Penn: An outsider perhaps, plus it is unsure if BJ would be able to speed up his camp in time, but with both guys coming off losses and Jake's ranking - BJ could be enticed to take a fight which could get him back into contenders talk...

Other: Make your suggestions

I would like to see Bahadurzada step in.

but he has been calling out BJ.....

He has tweeted that BJ doesnt want the fight and he respects that

Siyar Bahadurzada! (unless he's injured)

I have tweeted him asking him when he thinks he will be ready, I thought he was aiming for November return but the calling out of BJ makes me think maybe he could be ready sooner

I thought BJ was retired lol,another plea for people to feel sorry for him.

I think Shields should get a rematch,those early stops are always going to happen in the UFC,even Hendo came close to stopping Shields early.The REAL fighters,the ones that can actually go 5 rounds if needed are far and few and Jake is one of those.I have no doubt whatsoever that Ellenburger cannot go 5 rounds with Shields,so it is just a matter of Shields getting out of round 1.

I thought BJ was retired lol' date='another plea for people to feel sorry for him.

I think Shields should get a rematch,those early stops are always going to happen in the UFC,even Hendo came close to stopping Shields early.The REAL fighters,the ones that can actually go 5 rounds if needed are far and few and Jake is one of those.I have no doubt whatsoever that Ellenburger cannot go 5 rounds with Shields,so it is just a matter of Shields getting out of round 1.[/quote']

Shields is back up to MW bro...

give him Erick Silva

Ellenberger has no cardio or heart, otherwise he'd have a chance against the pound for pound greatest Silva on the planet.

That said, last time I spoke to you I said you need to leave this place and never return, so please get the **** out, you're a horrible poster who's very misinforming when it comes to pretending like he knows something about fighting or mixed martial arts.

Siyar or Alves seem like the best options if they're able, BJ Penn is another option but very doubtful for sure. Mike Swick seems like a horrible idea, he almost lost to the worst WW on the roster and is jsut coming back from a huge layoff, he doesn't deserve Ellenberger nor would he have anything to offer Ellenberger.

Ellenberger has no cardio or heart' date=' otherwise he'd have a chance against the pound for pound greatest Silva on the planet.

That said, last time I spoke to you I said you need to leave this place and never return, so please get the **** out, you're a horrible poster who's very misinforming when it comes to pretending like he knows something about fighting or mixed martial arts.

Siyar or Alves seem like the best options if they're able, BJ Penn is another option but very doubtful for sure. Mike Swick seems like a horrible idea, he almost lost to the worst WW on the roster and is jsut coming back from a huge layoff, he doesn't deserve Ellenberger nor would he have anything to offer Ellenberger.[/quote']

I think Jake has decent heart, he escaped mount from Diego in the 3 round and finished swinging. He also took all Condit had in the 2 and 3 rounds. Kampmann just did damage he never felt before and wasn't ready for that.

But i do like the Alves match up, both coming off Kampmann upsets.

I think Jake has decent heart' date=' he escaped mount from Diego in the 3 round and finished swinging. He also took all Condit had in the 2 and 3 rounds. Kampmann just did damage he never felt before and wasn't ready for that.

But i do like the Alves match up, both coming off Kampmann upsets.[/quote']

A clear indication of having a lack of heart is simply having poor cardio, I'll explain but it is self explanatory. If you don't have the will, desire, purpose, passion and so on to train hard enough to not fear fatigued yet are getting paid hundreds of thousands as rising contender a year to train and fight there's seriously something VERY WRONG.

No he smashed Kampmann like nobody else, he dropped him Alves and Daley couldn't do that, he outstruck him and dominated him on the feet far more than Alves could have, he got takedowns at will. He was clearly afraid to go for finishes even though he dropped and rocked Kampmann bloodied him, he rested in Kampmanns lap for the rest of round 1. Round 2, he broke his nose, rocked him and then completely gassed, got kneed in the face and quit.

He lost to Condit mostly because of conditioning, what he gave Condit in the first round, then faded quite noticeably round 2 and 3. Condit took advantage of that and wore him down, edging round 2 and taking round 3 v ery welll.

Ellenberger has shown a lack of heart FOR SURE, MAJORLY. When was the last time DIEGO SANCHEZ FINISHED ANYONE? You're acting like surviving the mount is a testament to his heart? Imagine if that as a dangerous fighter? Anyways I think Ellenberger has a lot more potential than a guy like Johny Hendricks, but he needs to get himself into check soon.

We should assume at the moment that although Siyar Bahadurzada would be a popular choice' date=' he aint gonna be ready for September 1st, therefore here are the healthy viable options:

[b']

James Head:[/b] 2-1 in his first 3 UFC fights, currently coming off wins over Abedi and Ebersole. Would be a big step up in competition for Head, but he has got to at some point right!

Mike Swick: Coming off that impressive KO of Johnson at 149, he appeared to come out healthy, all though we will have to wait to see the official medical suspensions. Prior to his illness, he fought in a title eliminator fight which he lost to Hardy, so he has the credentials to step up to Ellenbergers level

Matt Brown: On a current 3 fight winstreak and known for taking fights on short notice. He may not be the right choice rankings wise, but Brown always brings it ensuring a good fight

Mike Pyle: Yes it would be a rematch of their Jan 2010 fight which Jake won via KO, but Pyle is 5-1 since with only a loss to Rory Mac and making headway into the top ten.

BJ Penn: An outsider perhaps, plus it is unsure if BJ would be able to speed up his camp in time, but with both guys coming off losses and Jake's ranking - BJ could be enticed to take a fight which could get him back into contenders talk...

Other: Make your suggestions

IMO - James Head

Kid needs some serious competition to see where he is actually at.

I'd like to see this James vs. Ellenberger

A clear indication of having a lack of heart is simply having poor cardio' date=' I'll explain but it is self explanatory. If you don't have the will, desire, purpose, passion and so on to train hard enough to not fear fatigued yet are getting paid hundreds of thousands as rising contender a year to train and fight there's seriously something VERY WRONG.[/quote']

i hope you are trolling buddy if not...

Ellenberger has no cardio or heart' date=' otherwise he'd have a chance against the pound for pound greatest Silva on the planet.

Siyar or Alves seem like the best options if they're able, BJ Penn is another option but very doubtful for sure. Mike Swick seems like a horrible idea, he almost lost to the worst WW on the roster and is jsut coming back from a huge layoff, he doesn't deserve Ellenberger nor would he have anything to offer Ellenberger.[/quote']

Erick-Silva-And-Anderson-Silva.jpg

I'd like for it to be James Head.

Just cause I hate the guy & would enjoy seeing him get beatdown ...

What is it exactly about James Head that makes you hate him? Is it because he's smarter, better-looking, and more educated than you? Is it that he's a petroleum engineer, and you probably finish most of your on-the-job interactions with, "Do you want fries with that?" Is it that he's a well-spoken, humble, genuinely nice human-being? Or is it that he beat the piss out of some poor sap you were "rooting for"? I'm banking on all of these scenarios...

I don't get offended. I choose to highlight ******** instead. I was simply asking the poster's on this forum who said that Head "deserves a beatdown", why they're of that opinion. I ask this because from what I've seen of him he's been nothing short of humble and gracious, which leads me to believe that people that think that he "deserves a beatdown" may have some jealousy issues. As far as I can tell, Manhoef, you were not one of the poster's I was addressing, so maybe you are the one who shouldn't get so offended :)

1.) As we all know, inflection cannot be identified in type, so in order for your joke to work, perhaps it should have been funnier.

2.) I don't recall expressing "love" for James Head. I simply pointed out some truths.

3.) Again, I will repeat myself - I don't get offended. What I did was ask a simple question. Not because, in your words, "someone said one thing about James Head", but because there were 3 posters on the first page ALONE stating that Head "deserves a beatdown". I guess I'm not allowed to ask why someone would be of that opinion?

4.) I don't expect everybody to like James Head, so I'm not going to have to "learn to deal with it". What I will continue to do, however, is try and educate people on the type of fighter Head really is, and in doing so, I need to know why they hold their current opinion of him.

5.) Anybody that hasn't actually been in the ring, that dislikes Head for "pushing papy Abedi off of him after he tapped him out", needs to take a step back and take another look at the situation. Abedi did nothing but taunt Head during weigh-ins - wearing a hat, smoking a cigar, etc. Abedi's demeanor was the opposite of gracious from the get-go. I, personally, have never been in a UFC fight, so I can't say for sure. However, I would be willing to guess that if some ******* had been making a point to taunt me and then I laid a smackdown on him like that, I, too would be tempted to want him off of me as soon as possible. You talk about getting offended easily? Jesus. What'd you want Head to do? Curtsy to him?

Anything else?

You're right. I responded to aggression with agression in my first post. I should have waited for a response, and then defended my position. I don't however, need to "learn to deal with it". I'm not losing any sleep over a UFC forum, I just hate to see a guy like Head who, like I said, is a genuinely nice, humble, intelligent, well-spoken fighter get beat up in the media for "shoving" his opponent off of him. He had just won his first UFC fight, he was excited, and wanted to stand up. I mean, he had to get Abedi off of him somehow. I just think people made a mountain out of a molehill with that one, especially considering Abedi's conduct leading up to the fight. That gesture had nothing to do with respect. It had everything to do with a guy getting his first UFC win, and the ensuing adrenaline rush. As far as changing any one's opinion, maybe I won't, but it's not impossible. You even changed my opinion, making me realize that my first post was more aggressive than inquisitive in nature, so it is possible.

Archived