24 Australia .807 -1 Down

25 Norway .780 -1 Down

26 Ireland .779 0 Equal

27 Paraguay .747 -2 Down

28 Hungary .746 3 Up

29 Korea Republic .740 -1 Down

30 Turkey .735 -1 Down

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/procedureandschedule/menprocedure/index.html

The basic logic of these calculations is simple: any team that does well in world football wins points which enable it to climb the world ranking.

A team’s total number of points over a four-year period is determined by adding:

? the average number of points gained from matches during the past 12 months;

and

? the average number of points gained from matches older than 12 months (depreciates yearly).

Calculation of points for a single match

The number of points that can be won in a match depends on the following factors:

• Was the match won or drawn? (M)

• How important was the match (ranging from a friendly match to a FIFA World Cup™ match)? (I)

• How strong was the opposing team in terms of ranking position and the confederation to which they belong? (T and C)

These factors are brought together in the following formula to ascertain the total number of points (P).

P = M x I x T x C

The following criteria apply to the calculation of points:

M: Points for match result

Teams gain 3 points for a victory, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a defeat. In a penalty shoot-out, the winning team gains 2 points and the losing team gains 1 point.

I: Importance of match

Friendly match (including small competitions): I = 1.0

FIFA World Cup™ qualifier or confederation-level qualifier: I = 2.5

Confederation-level final competition or FIFA Confederations Cup: I = 3.0

FIFA World Cup™ final competition: I = 4.0

T: Strength of opposing team

The strength of the opponents is based on the formula: 200 – the ranking position of the opponents

As an exception to this formula, the team at the top of the ranking is always assigned the value 200 and the teams ranked 150th and below are assigned a minimum value of 50. The ranking position is taken from the opponents’ ranking in the most recently published FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.

C: Strength of confederation

When calculating matches between teams from different confederations, the mean value of the confederations to which the two competing teams belong is used. The strength of a confederation is calculated on the basis of the number of victories by that confederation at the last three FIFA World Cup™ competitions (see following page). Their values are as follows:

UEFA/CONMEBOL 1.00 CONCACAF 0.88

AFC/CAF 0.86 OFC 0.85

Wow' date=' they try & make it seem like rocket science.[/quote']

It is completely retarded way of trying to do things

Brazil get penalised for not playing competitive matches whilst the Euro teams had the Euro qualifying and the European Championships.

Yet, Uruguay are frickin 4th

Fifa will Fifa i guess

It is completely retarded way of trying to do things

Brazil get penalised for not playing competitive matches whilst the Euro teams had the Euro qualifying and the European Championships.

Yet' date=' Uruguay are frickin 4th

Fifa will Fifa i guess[/quote']

The only way I can think of it levelling out is the factoring in

of when the South American teams have their matches to compensate for

the Euro champs.

Heck, certain teams could play loads more matches, hence geeting a higher ranking.

Personally I think the FIFA ranking system has far too many flaws.

The only way I can think of it levelling out is the factoring in

of when the South American teams have their matches to compensate for

the Euro champs.

Heck' date=' certain teams could play loads more matches, hence getting a higher ranking.

Personally I think the FIFA ranking system has far too many flaws.[/quote']

They have devalued the Copa Am?rica also, which is why Uruguay dropped to 4th :confused:

So depending how Fifa value the African Cup of Nations, you are right that will be a leveler of some sort. But only if they give that equal value as the Euro's.

Why would the Euro's be worth more than Copa Am?rica? I don't get it

Why would the Euro's be worth more than Copa Am?rica? I don't get it

because of the strength in depth it always has fella. there are only 3 teams that normally win it Brazil, Argies and Urgay there is of course the odd surprise winner but more often then not it's one of those.

The Euros has a much deep pool of teams and you always have a top team not even making it out of the group stage.

FIFA are hell bent on making sure they become the most absurd and pointless organisation in the World. When it comes to football' date=' they are as relevent as the [center']British Potato Council[/center] (that really exists, I'm not just saying it because it's got potato in it)

no way

because of the strength in depth it always has fella. there are only 3 teams that normally win it Brazil' date=' Argies and Urgay there is of course the odd surprise winner but more often then not it's one of those.

The Euros has a much deep pool of teams and you always have a top team not even making it out of the group stage.[/quote']

It is not the fault of the nation's that compete. It is their equivalent competition is my point. It should have the same importance as the Euro's and African Cup of Nations IMO.

And is the talent pool that much weaker than the Euro's, really? Paraguay would beat a lot of the Euro's teams FFS

Fifa need to get their ****ing heads out of their arses

It is not the fault of the nation's that compete. It is their equivalent competition is my point. It should have the same importance as the Euro's and African Cup of Nations IMO.

And is the talent pool that much weaker than the Euro's' date=' really? Paraguay would beat a lot of the Euro's teams FFS

Fifa need to get their ****ing heads out of their arses[/quote']I agree 100% that the rating system is a joke and needs changing but the Euro's is a much stronger comp then Coppa America and thats why they will rate it lower.

Last Updated 08 Aug 2012

Next Release 05 Sep 2012

Aug 2012

Rnk Team Pts +/- Pos

1 Spain .1605 0 Equal

2 Germany .1474 0 Equal

3 England .1294 1 Up

4 Uruguay .1236 -1 Down

5 Portugal .1213 0 Equal

6 Italy .1192 0 Equal

7 Argentina .1098 0 Equal

8 Netherlands .1053 0 Equal

9 Croatia .1050 0 Equal

10 Denmark .1017 0 Equal

11 Russia .1016 2 Up i

12 Greece 1003 0 Equal

13 Brazil .991 -2 Down

14 France .980 0 Equal

15 Chile .953 0 Equal

16 C?te d'Ivoire .939 0 Equal

17 Sweden .909 0 Equal

18 Mexico .862 1 Up

19 Czech Republic .854 -1 Down

20 Ecuador .836 7 Up

21 Colombia .835 1 Up

22 Japan .829 -2 Down

23 Switzerland .828 -2 Down

25 Norway .780 -1 Down

26 Ireland .779 0 Equal

27 Paraguay .747 -2 Down

28 Hungary .746 3 Up

30 Turkey .735 -1 Down

Thats how we roll. :D

I'd like to see the FIFA rankings after the gold medal game between Mexico and Brazil to see how both of them move up considerably in rankings. Same thing with South Korea vs. Japan for their bronze medal game in the Olympics.

The European teams all just played in the Euro Cup, so the number of games played by teams outside of the European zones get the shaft.

I'd like to see the FIFA rankings after the gold medal game between Mexico and Brazil to see how both of them move up considerably in rankings. Same thing with South Korea vs. Japan for their bronze medal game in the Olympics.

The European teams all just played in the Euro Cup' date=' so the number of games played by teams outside of the European zones get the shaft.[/quote']

As far as I'm aware Olympic football doesn't affect FIFA rankings.

If that's the case' date=' then the rankings seem way off. Seems very similar to what they have with college football and their BCS rankings which are also complete BS.[/quote']

There are so many things wrong with FIFA its holding football back, Sepp Splatter and his cronies have milked football for long enough. Football associations around the world should form an alliance, boycott tournaments or do something. He's obviously got most people in his pocket, shame really.

What a joke!!! i mean we are prob top 10 but nowhere near third.

Spain

Brazil

Germany

Portugal

Argies

Italy

Are all better then us' date=' Holland would most likely beat us more then we would beat them and us and France are prob on the same level.[/quote']

the simple answer is that we always play against lesser teams and beat them, giving us an unreasonable amount of ranking points. not complaining tho, seeing as how Sep Blatter hate england and everything about english football

the simple answer is that we always play against lesser teams and beat them' date=' giving us an unreasonable amount of ranking points. not complaining tho, seeing as how Sep Blatter hate england and everything about english football[/quote']

Thought that was Platini? Blatter is too busy going from party to party collecting and giving out bribes to be hating on England

the simple answer is that we always play against lesser teams and beat them' date=' giving us an unreasonable amount of ranking points. not complaining tho, seeing as how Sep Blatter hate england and everything about english football[/quote']

Septic Badder did the dirty on the Aussies too.

Baying for votes we said we would support him if he moved us into Asia and out of oceania as the winner of oceania plays the 4th or 5th place team in South America. It meant playing teams like Argentina on one occasion and Uruguay and 2 others. He got back in and thought he would go back on his promise and not move us.

We are thankfully in Asia now but Septic bladder is a nasty piece of work and car fires are too good for that piece of ****

Last Updated 08 Aug 2012

Next Release 05 Sep 2012

Aug 2012

Rnk Team Pts +/- Pos

1 Spain .1605 0 Equal

2 Germany .1474 0 Equal

3 England .1294 1 Up

4 Uruguay .1236 -1 Down

5 Portugal .1213 0 Equal

6 Italy .1192 0 Equal

7 Argentina .1098 0 Equal

8 Netherlands .1053 0 Equal

9 Croatia .1050 0 Equal

10 Denmark .1017 0 Equal

11 Russia .1016 2 Up

12 Greece 1003 0 Equal

13 Brazil .991 -2 Down

14 France .980 0 Equal

15 Chile .953 0 Equal

16 C?te d'Ivoire .939 0 Equal

17 Sweden .909 0 Equal

18 Mexico .862 1 Up

19 Czech Republic .854 -1 Down

20 Ecuador .836 7 Up

21 Colombia .835 1 Up

22 Japan .829 -2 Down

23 Switzerland .828 -2 Down

25 Norway .780 -1 Down

26 Ireland .779 0 Equal

27 Paraguay .747 -2 Down

28 Hungary .746 3 Up

30 Turkey .735 -1 Down

some shocking stuff...im not a huge football buff but ive been paying attention for a bit now and try to follow as much as i can... would have expected different rankings for sure

Archived