Machida vs GSP

OmenMMA

could happen... GSP could easily move up and Machida could easily move down...

I'd bank my money on Machida if the fight happened' date=' just because his strengths (counter striking and wrestling neutralization) work against GSP's strengths, but I wouldn't count GSP out either given his fight intelligence and explosiveness...[/quote']

What's this? An intelligent objective post?

Must be a full moon.

Machida could be a lean WW and easily break into the P4P rankings. A lot of guys abuse the scale' date=' but I just wish some guys who don't actually did.[/quote']

Exactly. I just learned before the Bader fight that Machida doesn't cut to 205.. I thought he did, he's a natural 205er, he should cut down to at least MW and KO Sonnen or something. :cool:

Exactly. I just learned before the Bader fight that Machida doesn't cut to 205.. I thought he did' date=' he's a natural 205er, he should cut down to at least MW and [b']KO Sonnen or something[/b]. :cool:

^That would be great, Machida should embarass him first tho :cool::cool:

could happen... GSP could easily move up and Machida could easily move down...

I'd bank my money on Machida if the fight happened' date=' just because his strengths (counter striking and wrestling neutralization) work against GSP's strengths, but I wouldn't count GSP out either given his fight intelligence and explosiveness...[/quote']

Good answer. I can see Machida's counterstriking being key factor. Although, I can also see GSP not engaging and waiting for Machida to change his gameplan and run in with quick jabs only to be put on his back. Interesting match up.

Archived