***English Premier League Forum Fantasy***

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
prolly wont join i cant pay attention to fantasy leagues enough but i have been wondering about trades and stuff. anyone know the major trades and stuff that have gone on. i try to keep up but we dont get a lot of updates here in the states...any really big moves made?

Chelsea brought in: Eden Hazard (Belgian wonderkid), Oscar (Brazilian wonderkid), Marko Marin (german guy) etc.

Man Utd: Kagawa (Japanese offensive midfielder)

Arsenal: Lukas Podolski, Giroud (French league's top scorer)

Other than that not much...

Chelsea brought in: Eden Hazard (Belgian wonderkid)' date=' Oscar (Brazilian wonderkid), Marko Marin (german guy) etc.

Man Utd: Kagawa (Japanese offensive midfielder)

Arsenal: Lukas Podolski, Giroud (French league's top scorer)

Other than that not much...[/quote']

did van persie leave arsenal i thought i heard that rumor floating around...kagawa played for dortmund in bundesliga right? he is nice

Lol I was talking to that jonesy basturd

He he :D

Rumour today is that Man City have said that Van Persie is for sure not coming to them, he is apparently choosing Man utd :mad:

I dont like the idea of those wankers have Rooney and Van Persie up front :eek:

Expect to see some transfer action from Tottenham imminently.... It is looking very close that Real Madrid are gonna sign Luka Modric for ?30m+ in the next few days...

They will then splash the case on a defender, midfielder and striker.

They have already signed a decent defender in Jan Vertonghen and are considering whether or not to make last years loan of Adebayor permanent or not

Oh' date=' and Fantasy games are cool because the winners usually stay with the same players throughout the year. The trick is to find a solid team so you don't have points deducted for trying to change your squad too much[/quote']

yea id prolly just get drunk and forget about it all together lol and as i said im not a huge football buff yet im trying to understand everything more like formations and stuff and i'd prolly have a little trouble picking players that arent very well known like defenders and stuff

He he :D

Rumour today is that Man City have said that Van Persie is for sure not coming to them' date=' he is apparently choosing Man utd :mad:

I dont like the idea of those wankers have Rooney and Van Persie up front :eek:[/quote']Why? One will always be injured and the other will do something stupid and get bant/injured too often

yea id prolly just get drunk and forget about it all together lol and as i said im not a huge football buff yet im trying to understand everything more like formations and stuff and i'd prolly have a little trouble picking players that arent very well known like defenders and stuff

Yeah, and you're forced to pick some players from smaller teams because of the budget

It doesnt require much attention, once you have picked your team their is only two transfer windows over the 10 month season.... the game just plays itself out and the website keep your teams score for you and email you any updates/scores etc.

They will remind you of the transfer windows, it also has an 'assistant manager' function that will help you by giving recommendations to you of who to get rid of and who to sign

What's the set up? Is it contained within the forum?

No, I thought about doing a tipping league like the other one we had but there are too many games to keep up with.

The Fantasy League I'm hosting is here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com

You basically have to choose 15 players with a max of 3 players per team. You have a budget of ?100 and players are more expensive if they are of better quality (supposedly, you have to judge well, that's why it's fun)

You pick a starting lineup and 4 subs, if a player from your starting lineup doesn't play any minutes during a matchday, a guy from the bench will replace him (you have to choose an order for the guys on the bench - 1st to come out if needed, 2nd and 3rd. The 4th guy from the bench is a goalkeeper which is called automatically if the starting goalkeeper doesn't play)

Then there's the point system

Goalkeepers and defenders earn points for not conceding goals.

Everyone gets points for scoring goals, but defenders get more points if they score because they are less likely to score.

A player can also earn points by assisting a goal or being the player of the game, etc.

You lose points with yellow cards, red cards and own goals

--

There's more to it but this is the basic you need to know

i know champions league is completely different then EPL but when the teams compete in the champions league do those games count for your players too or just EPL games...i told you im still a rookie with all this **** haha

No problem man, no one knows everything.

Only EPL games count for this fantasy game, there's another fantasy game for the Champions League with basically the same rules.

I may host a league there also if enough posters are interested

Utd

Chelsea

City

Arsenal

Spurs

Everton

Liverpool.

Hopefully utd get rvp & mora

Its gonna be interesting to see how rdm gets on with chelsea. They were poor in the league last season, n got bloody lucky with the champs.

But with the likes of Hazard and Oscar....they should be right up there.

Btw just joined the league....

Archived