Who Would Win Machida vs Shogun 3?

Doctor_Obviously

Shogun.

This is why Dana didn't have Lyoto/Shogun fight for a title shot. He knows Shogun will win again (he already beat Lyoto twice). Dana also realizes that Shogun doesn't have as good of a shot at scoring an upset against Jon Jones that Lyoto does. Hence, Lyoto gets a title shot without having to fight Shogun for it.

Machida.

Machida skills and training have progressed, Shoguns havent.

Shogun can no longer do the kicks he used to punish Machida in the first fight, therefore he will simply play into the Machida style ala Bader and get caught in a counter-strike.

I would happily account bet on this outcome

Machida.

Machida skills and training have progressed' date=' Shoguns havent.

Shogun can no longer do the kicks he used to punish Machida in the first fight, therefore he will simply play into the Machida style ala Bader and get caught in a counter-strike.

I would happily account bet on this outcome[/quote']

Lyoto skills and training have progressed? Going to disagree. Lyoto has looked horrible in his last 3 "real" fights. (I don't count knocking out a 48 year old man as a real fight).

I guarantee you would welch.

Never' date=' I did a month-long disappearance bet and kept to it, as I have every sig bet

Lyoto skills and training have progressed? Going to disagree. Lyoto has looked horrible in his last 3 "real" fights. (I don't count knocking out a 48 year old man as a real fight).

Against Bader he definately had progressed. As he said regarding his lower weight for the fight, he had changed up his training and diet, hence him being leaner and I think quicker.

He played the smart tactic against Bader, coz if he had moved in for the blitz he would have been at risk of the TD. He played the game right, made Bader make the mistake and pay for it.

He would be too quick and precise for Shogun

How would shogun gas against machida?

Machida does not push the pace at all, you will never see a shogun/vera shogun/henderson style fight against machida.

He is a counter striker which means shogun basically chooses when they engage, machida is not going to come at shogun.

And anyone who says he cant use leg kicks anymore, i didnt see many leg kicks in the 2nd fight and we all know what happened there.

A 3rd fight is bound to happen at some point and i'll look forward to it, should be very interesting.

Machida does not push the pace at all' date=' you will never see a shogun/vera shogun/henderson style fight against machida.

He is a counter striker which means shogun basically chooses when they engage, machida is not going to come at shogun.

And anyone who says he cant use leg kicks anymore, i didnt see many leg kicks in the 2nd fight and we all know what happened there.

A 3rd fight is bound to happen at some point and i'll look forward to it, should be very interesting.[/quote']

Very well said

Machida does not push the pace at all' date=' you will never see a shogun/vera shogun/henderson style fight against machida.

A 3rd fight is bound to happen at some point and i'll look forward to it, should be very interesting.[/quote']

How did Vera push the pace? He was lying on top of him when he was on top and just lying there defending when he was on the bottom. Machida has way too much movement and is much quicker.

Machida by rape..... Shogun got a lucky lucky shot in the second fight..... plus Shogun doesnt do anything to inprove.. he hasnt changed 1 bit.. machida has he knows he can be champ again.. and shogun knows Jones would KTFO of him

Machida%206.jpg

WAR MACHIDA!

wow apperantly retarded and welcher go hand in hand

I'm always gonna go for Shogun but the last couple of Shogun's haven't shown the skill needed to beat someone like Machida.

Anything can happen and Shogun has more than enough power to put Machida away just like Machida has more speed to send Shogun to a big L.

Heart says Shogun

Brain says Machida

Im a big fan of both these guys.

Prime vs Prime I think its a toss up but id go with Shogun to win more than he loses.

If they were to win at this current moment in time id go with Machida as Shogun is post prime. Due to numerous knee surgeries his leg kicks are no longer used which spells trouble against Machida.

For Shogun I think he should fight Rampage and Hendo again and then retire.

You guys are delusional. Slobum is a shell of his former self since Jones raped him. Machida actually went away and worked on things.

100% agreed

Machida upgraded his game and im very interesting on this new "Machida version"

I noticed a mix of "old Machida" (Machida who beat Evans) and a "New Machida" .. he was elusive but at the same time agressive and looking for the opponent.

Also noticed a little bit of "Andersons standup" on Machidas game, did you ?

Archived