Lombard does an Ortiz "wahhh I was injured"

JonesyUK

Hector Lombard

19 minutes ago ?

I want to let all my fans know. I fought mu last fight injured. i wasnt 100% sure but i when to the doctors... I have a fracture sternum with a torn cartilage, i got this injure in training for my fight with Tim Boetsch. I have to be out of training for 6weeks i should never have fought like that, but i didnt want to let my fans and the UFC down, love you all

Discuss, thanx

I had a change of heart after the Joe Rogan podcast with Tito. He sheds some light on the incident with him getting injured during the Ultimate Fighter show when he was supposed to fight Lidell. Two seperate doctors, one via the UFC confirmed he had a serious spinal cord injury in his neck. Dana knew this and had seen the reports. Still they aired a segment of him sitting down with Lidell breaking the news that "Tito pulled out of the fight". They didn't elaborate on the injury and made it look like Tito ducked Lidell.

There's even a video online that shows the procedure being done one Tito's neck where they remove a disk from his spinal cord. Just google it.

Anyway, this story sort of put things in perspective for me. You should check out the podcast.

what fans?

I'm a fan of Lombard. Even Lombard haters have to admit he fought that day completely differently than he normally fights (yes, I have watched other slow matches he's had on Bellator). I completely believe his explanation. I also believe he'll steamroll over whoever is unfortunate enough to be pitted against him next.

I think Lombard will win his next fight, just cause he lost this against Boetsch doesn't mean anything, Boetsch is a very good fighter. I mean, come on, who else in the Ufc, beside Silva has finished Okami. Sonnen and Franklin couldn't do it, and they are a former contender and a middleweight champ. Munoz and Marquardt got outpointed the first 2 rounds just like Okami did to Boetsch, did they come back and knock him out? Nope

Sternal fracture

"Fractures that are very painful or extremely out of place can be operated on to fix the bone fragments into place,[8] but in most cases treatment consists mainly of reducing pain and limiting movement.[11] The fracture may interfere with breathing, requiring tracheal intubation and mechanical ventilation.[12]"

Maybe that's why he wasn't really moving that much? Makes a lil sense.

It doesn't matter to me,Boestch knows he was afraid and Lombard is still a definite threat to the entire division.

One thing he DOES need is a REAL corner,his corner men should be fired immediately,worst i have seen since Jackson.Only thing missing was they needed to tell Lombard to breathe or something retarded like that.

He made the decision he was well enough to fight so be a man and take responsibilty for the poor performance solely on himself instead of using the injury as an excuse.

Honestly im sure it did effect his performance but if you thought you were ok enough to fight then i don't even want to hear about your injuries.

Everyone comes in injured or didn't have the greatest camp or had personal issues and so on and even if true it just sounds like a cop out excuse everytime.

Be a man and take your loses like a man. Learn from it and come back better next time.

He made the decision he was well enough to fight so be a man and take responsibilty for the poor performance solely on himself instead of using the injury as an excuse.

Honestly im sure it did effect his performance but if you thought you were ok enough to fight then i don't even want to hear about your injuries.

Everyone comes in injured or didn't have the greatest camp or had personal issues and so on and even if true it just sounds like a cop out excuse everytime.

Be a man and take your loses like a man. Learn from it and come back better next time.

Well it's easy for you to say.

It's easy for alot of fighters too. Plenty of fighters fight injured and don't use it as an excuse when they lose.

We should start a comprehensive list of fighters who didn't make excuses after they lost a fight just to set the example for these guys who are used to rooting for the whiners.

Chael Sonnen- said Silva is just better than him

Joe Lauzon - After loss to Pettis said " I just got kicked in the face... it happens."

Rashad Evans- don't remember anything he said after the fight but didn't claim to have the sniffles.

Frank Mir - basically said Dos Santos was too fast and hits too hard. So basically admits that he was just outclassed.

Any others off the top of your heads?

Archived