UFC on FOX 4 medical suspensions - Varner gets 180days!

JonesyUK

The California State Athletic Commission suspended three of four light-heavyweight headliners at UFC on FOX 4

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Brandon Vera and Ryan Bader were among 11 competitors who walked away with significant medical suspensions.

MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com) requested and received a list of suspensions from the CSAC.

UFC on FOX 4 took place this past Saturday, Aug. 4, at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The event's main card aired live on FOX following prelims on FUEL TV. Reported attendance was 16,080 for a $1.1 million live gate.

Rua, who stopped Vera by fourth-round TKO, drew a 45-day term with no contact during training for precautionary reasons. Vera drew the same for his loss, but he also drew a 60-day term for a cut below his eye.

Bader, of course, drew a 45-day term with 30 days no contact for his knockout loss to Lyoto Machida, who escaped suspension and won a fight with the winner of next month's UFC 151 headliner between champ Jon Jones and Dan Henderson.

Lightweight Jamie Varner may have lost his main-card fight with Joe Lauzon via third-round submission, but he also proved himself a game competitor. Unfortunately, he also drew a 180-day suspension for a possible fractured right hand. However, he can be cleared early by a physician.

Newcomer Wagner Prado, whose preliminary-card bout with Phil Davis was stopped in the first round due to an inadvertent eye-poke, is also indefinitely suspended and needs clearance from an opthamologist before returning to competition.

The full list of medical suspensions from UFC on FOX 4 includes:

Mauricio Rua: suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for precautionary reasons

Brandon Vera: suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for precautionary reasons, and also suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact (or until cleared by physician) due to a suborbital cut

Ryan Bader: suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for precautionary reasons

Jamie Varner: suspended 180 days with 180 days no contact (or until cleared by physician) for possible fractured right hand

DaMarques Johnson: suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for precautionary reasons, and suspended indefinitely until given neurological clearance

Mike Swick: suspended 180 days with 180 days no contact (or until cleared by physician) for right-ankle and elbow injuries, and suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact for cut on right eyelid

Cole Miller: suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for precautionary reasons, suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact (or until cleared by physician) for right-hand and left-middle-finger injuries, as well as a suborbital cut

Wagner Prado: suspended indefinitely or until cleared by opthamologist

Oli Thompson: suspended 180 days with 180 days no contact (or until cleared by physician) for a nasal fracture

John Moraga: suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact (or until cleared by physician) for a cut on his right eyebrow

Ulysses Gomez: suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for precautionary reasons, and suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact (or until cleared by physician) for a cut on his forehead

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30062/ufc-on-fox-4-medical-suspensions-varner-again-facing-fractured-hand.mma

I like Varner' date=' really wanted to see him face Guida this year :([/quote']

Same, well except fighting Guida. After the Pettis fight and then the Maynard fight im pretty much done with him (baring he doesn't go back to his old style of 'fighting').

I always wondered why Varner didn't come to the UFC with the rest of the WEC, I always enjoyed watching him fight, then he just disappeared! Glad to have him back, but too bad he's gonna be out for half a year :(

I'd fight Swick except I know he'd pull out of the fight over and over for years.

I win by default.

any exactly what fighting experience do you have?

he was also very sick there is no shame in pulling out of a fight if you feel like you could be killed in the octagon. Its easy to say what YOU would do when you havent or never will be in the same situations these fighters are in. So you can keepin frontin on the web

Mike "Sick" Swick should hang his gloves up and retire to a nursing home.

I'd be able to KO Swick' date=' Cody McKenzie style.[/quote']

alright ill let you continue to live in your fantasy world ive got a

jiu jitsu class to go to, if you ever go out to victor ville you should come by I wouldnt mind choking you out

"cody mckenzie" style

Archived